New (cheap) Hi-fi System
Mertay
Aug 6 2020, 07:13 PM
GMC:er
Attached Image

So my mom said she was going to throw this old dvd player+sound system away and I told her before doing that I wanted to listen to it.

It doesn't show in this photo but its actually 3-way and the sides have the bass speaker, I wasn't expecting much until I lifted the player and it was heavy! good indication they used a proper amplifier in it wink.gif

Had a listen and was great! but the problem was my existing monitors were connected to the soundcard and it doesn't have another output for these. So today I went to a shop and bought an AUX-to-Headphone cable.

Its currently connected to the headphone out of the soundcard, not ideal ofcourse but still sounds better than good for casual use. The only thing I have to sort is I hated placing them on top of my monitors but thats where I liked the sound most. Not likely I wat to buy stands for these, maybe I'll place them on the floor later on as they're in the honeymoon period now.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 7 2020, 03:11 AM
New Gear Day is always a good day smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 7 2020, 08:57 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 7 2020, 02:11 AM) *
New Gear Day is always a good day smile.gif

smile.gif

I made a slight "smile eq" from its eq settings, something common in mastering as you know. When my ears get used to them might even try vsti's to see if I can get some load off my monitors to increase their lifespan.

For GMC'ers interested, these type of devices use "baxandall" type eq. Its an eq curve that can help dynamics jump a bit more and is sort of popular in recent years for music production too, just google it and some freeware will show up.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th August 2020 - 02:39 AM