2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What Are You Doing Instead..
Ben Higgins
Jun 12 2012, 07:37 PM
Instructor
... of my video chat ?

As we know, I can't do a video chat tonight so I wondered what you guys have decided to replace me with ? laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 12 2012, 07:42 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 12 2012, 06:37 PM) *
... of my video chat ?

As we know, I can't do a video chat tonight so I wondered what you guys have decided to replace me with ? laugh.gif

I am practicing bloody sweep picking exercises and getting damn frustrated that I can't mute the unwanted noise and watching the GMC forums in the meantime and making occasional posts tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 12 2012, 07:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 12 2012, 07:42 PM) *
I am practicing bloody sweep picking exercises and getting damn frustrated that I can't mute the unwanted noise and watching the GMC forums in the meantime and making occasional posts tongue.gif

Oh... ohmy.gif

Have you checked the angle of your hand ? If you allow your palm to be more parallel with the guitar strings you should be able to cover them more and almost rock your hand in and out as you go up or down the arpeggio. For example, as you go from higher string to lower string, your thumb can go inward and your pinky side goes up and out. As you go from lower string back to high, it does the opposite. Does that make sense ?

That's just one way of doing it.. it works better for me than keeping my hand unmoving but moving my thumb joint. Just can't get it to work as well doing that.

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 12 2012, 07:58 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Yea it makes sense!! I will try it..
Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 12 2012, 08:05 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Lying in bed, totally depressed, binge eating donuts. Feeling totally empty.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jun 12 2012, 08:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 12 2012, 06:42 PM) *

Mate I just checked out your sweeping video on YouTube, and my advice is: Don't learn all the sweeping patterns at once. smile.gif They are very different and it makes a world of difference to play an arpeggio where you fret 3 strings with one finger or to play an arpeggio with different fingers for different strings (I hope you see what I mean). For each arpeggio start super slow, and develop your own technique to play it. It can (and should) involve muting with your left hand (that's why you need to do it really slow, not fast like in your video), and then right hand muting. Left hand muting arpeggios where you fret three strings with only one (index) finger is harder because you need to "roll" the finger to avoid string noise. All in all, practice one shape until you get it down, that would be the main tip smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jun 12 2012, 08:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm doing what I always do even when in your chat - writing code biggrin.gif
Now, had you chosen to do your video chats at a decent hour, then I'd probably be working on my pentatonic AP which is weaker than wet rice paper.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jun 12 2012, 08:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I'm not doing anything interesting - dull studying for exams. Bah. dry.gif It's times like this when I'd rather be doing anything else - walking, staring at clouds, watching paint dry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 12 2012, 08:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 12 2012, 08:05 PM) *
Lying in bed, totally depressed, binge eating donuts. Feeling totally empty.

Sounds awesome ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Jun 12 2012, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Watching football

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jun 12 2012, 09:41 PM
GMC:er
Watched a great game of football - edge of my seat stuff.

Is your internet sorted yet?

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jun 12 2012, 11:12 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 12 2012, 02:37 PM) *
... of my video chat ?

Driving around listening to sad music, spending some cash.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2012, 02:50 AM
Instructor
hahaah cool topic! I recorded vocals of a band that I'm producing. They play pop rock combined with punk rock. We still have to record guitars.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 13 2012, 05:41 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 12 2012, 02:37 PM) *
... of my video chat ?

Screaming "WHHYYYYYYYYY!!!!" and watching old Ben Vids instead smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 13 2012, 08:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Jun 12 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Is your internet sorted yet?

Nah, not yet. I've got internet (of course, otherwise you guys would wonder how I'm doing this..) but literally zero bandwidth. I'm not joking, we did an internet speed test and it read 0.

We were told that the last time there was a power cut and there was some electrical work being done in our neighbourhood, when it got all connected again, it was connected back all wrong. Or something like that. I think it's BT.. it's not our internet provider. Either way, it's damn annoying. dry.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 13 2012, 08:43 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
What I did -

squashed 9 wasp nests that were on the house. No I didn't get stung and yes I'd leave them alone if they were some where other than the on the house.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jun 13 2012, 09:00 AM
Learning Tone Master
I played some guitar. Mostly noodling, as you call it, same old phrases. Waiting for inspiration, influence, ideas..

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 13 2012, 09:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Jun 13 2012, 09:00 AM) *
Waiting for inspiration, influence, ideas..

Don't wait, that's the key. If you consciously wait for anything it won't come. 'A watched pot never boils as they say'. I only seem to get inspiration when I clear my life and my mind of things that need doing, get annoying tasks or chores out of the way then I feel more free.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 13 2012, 09:24 AM
Learning Roadie
Started working with Speed Mechanics for lead guitar. It's the closet thing to a Ben video chat.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jun 13 2012, 09:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 13 2012, 08:15 AM) *
get annoying tasks or chores out of the way

You mean... work? happy.gif

I guess it's not really inspiration that I'm lacking, more like ideas. It feels like I'm stuck in some old routines and haven't made any progress in a long time. Just need some coaching, maybe.

This post has been edited by HungryForHeaven: Jun 13 2012, 09:32 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:44 AM