Discuss This Metronome Please
Phil66
Jun 8 2016, 10:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
http://www.soundbrenner.com

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Chris S.
Jun 8 2016, 10:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Personally,

Cool concept - but a pricey luxury at the same time.

If you have the money for it, I can see how this would benefit in a band situation, but solo - I'll stick to my free click tracks tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 8 2016, 10:31 PM
I was thinking it might be more subliminal, is, you aren't listening, you're actually feeling the beat from within rather than listening. I might save my pennies and try one ph34r.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 8 2016, 10:34 PM
GMC Founder
Very smart tool!

I'd agree with Chris that it might not be needed for practicing at home. And you obviously still need to work on your ability to hear and follow rhythm with your ears.

However I can imagine several different situations where this metronome comes in extremely handy, ie when gigging/recording with other musicians.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 8 2016, 10:42 PM
I was thinking of getting in the zone for something like alternate picking practice wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2016, 05:46 AM
GMC:er
Yup, that's once pricey metronome smile.gif Cool idea though! But yeah you can download a metronome app for free for your smart phone, so I"d suggest starting there. Learning to play on the beat can be a challenge, and learning it can seem tedious. It's worth it though smile.gif Once you can play on the beat, you can play around the beat at will and still "land" back in proper time.

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 8 2016, 05:06 PM) *

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 9 2016, 06:39 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I dont think Im in their intended target market for this at all cool.gif Im sure it has some applications but I dont see any that will involve me smile.gif
I cant imagine the guys in my old band all wearing one at a gig and dicking about with their phones just to play a song.
but maybe Im just "outdated and intrusive" just like today's metronome solutions biggrin.gif

what makes it superior to playing to a click or rhythm that you hear?

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 9 2016, 08:43 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 9 2016, 07:39 AM) *

For example if you have an acoustic gig and don't want to have headphones connected to a metronome.

Since this metronome easily can connect several different people via the app, it could be a good substitute for in-ears click. Especially useful for more demanding music with lots of breaks etc, and/or when there is no drummer/percussionist. Ie a vocal choir etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 9 2016, 10:21 AM
Every self electric guitar learner I've met lacked tight tempo following to some degree. I've always forced them to tap their feet (together with the metronome) and after a short while (it always feels wierd at first for them) they progress so much everytime they're shocked by the difference smile.gif

Problem is not always there will be someone next to you to correct tempo mistakes while you're focused on the guitar sound or fingers. and if not used from the begining, tapping the foot (or any similar movement) is simply forgotton while practicing.

Yes its pricey but I can think of a few friends of mine who could really use something like this.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jun 9 2016, 10:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 9 2016, 06:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Check out the peterson body beat I'm pretty sure it's cheaper

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2016, 07:55 PM
I was more talking about home use as far as using ones phone/tablet for a metronome. But..

Believe it or not, wads of folks use ipads/iphones etc. in live gigs for metronome/guitar patches/etc. They even make stands for them to attach to the mic stand for just this purpose. But this would be a bit more discrete. More something the drummer might wear I think. If the guitar player has his own metronome, not linked to the drummer, then you are gonna have real timing problems.

But yeah the "old guys"? Probly not so much as the younger guys on using tablets/phones on stage I'm guessing? Most drummers use some sort of in ear metronome what I've seen. Watch seems like a pricey gimmick, but to each his own.

Just seems a bit pricey for a metronome.
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 9 2016, 01:39 AM) *
I dont think Im in their intended target market for this at all cool.gif Im sure it has some applications but I dont see any that will involve me smile.gif
I cant imagine the guys in my old band all wearing one at a gig and dicking about with their phones just to play a song.
but maybe Im just "outdated and intrusive" just like today's metronome solutions biggrin.gif

I think you just nailed the target Market. Could be coffee house gigs or larger accoustic gigs. But since the wide spread use of in ear monitors, all you need is one click track on a laptop feeding in to the monitor mixer and everyone playing can get a click. Still, it's a neat idea smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 9 2016, 03:43 AM) *
For example if you have an acoustic gig and don't want to have headphones connected to a metronome.

Since this metronome easily can connect several different people via the app, it could be a good substitute for in-ears click. Especially useful for more demanding music with lots of breaks etc, and/or when there is no drummer/percussionist. Ie a vocal choir etc.

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jun 10 2016, 01:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think that is really cool. I thought it was going to be really klunky, but it had really elegant solutions to all the different metronome features. I feel like it pretty much covered everything. I can't say I want one, but I love to see actual innovation in products. Very clever, it looks like a lot of thought went into it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:13 PM