"the Speed Trainer Tool" In Gp5
leedbreak
Aug 25 2007, 12:08 PM
GMC:er
"The Speed Trainer Tool" in GP5 is some amazing help once you learn to use it. Especially the part where you can select a portion with your mouse and it will automatically loop and speed train the selected section, no matter how many notes you select. I do not know if the older version have this as I have bought only this version. I bet most of you know this, but if you don't you will love me for telling you, I promise.

If you do not know how this feature works, go now and learn. No I am not Spamming GP5, but I would have paid 5 times as much now that I am using the trainer correctly. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 25 2007, 12:31 PM
I might order it if you say its so good biggrin.gif
Is Guitar Pro 5 really worth 60$ ????

- John

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Aug 25 2007, 12:51 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Aug 25 2007, 06:31 AM) *
I might order it if you say its so good biggrin.gif
Is Guitar Pro 5 really worth 60$ ????
- John

Well is a GMC membership worth the money? To me it is the best money I have spent in 20 years of guitar.

We all need tools to help us and GP5 was worth it to me times 5, but that's me smile.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Aug 25 2007, 12:55 PM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Aug 25 2007, 07:51 AM) *
Well is a GMC membership worth the money? To me it is the best money I have spent in 20 years of guitar.

We all need tools to help us and GP5 was worth it to me times 5, but that's me smile.gif

I have GP5 but i don't know how to use that can you explain please?

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Aug 25 2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks leedbreak! Thats an awesome tool!

highlight a part and then press the button with the circle on it and 2 arrows flying around, then choose desired loop amount and speed

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Aug 25 2007, 12:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 25 2007, 01:03 PM
AHH if u wanna buy gp5 buy it off my site smile.gif
cause i get paid for everone who buys it from me hahah biggrin.gif.. well actually they havn't contacted me back yet .. but i applied.. its worth the 60 its amazing!! im actually working on slowing down now haha ! ive been going fast for so long.. playing scales slowly is a challenege.. no jokes its pissing me off lol.. my tempo sucks slowly without a metronome smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Aug 25 2007, 01:13 PM
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Aug 25 2007, 07:57 AM) *
Thanks leedbreak! Thats an awesome tool!

highlight a part and then press the button with the circle on it and 2 arrows flying around, then choose desired loop amount and speed

Ok thanks for the help bro.

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Aug 25 2007, 01:19 PM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Aug 25 2007, 06:55 AM) *
I have GP5 but i don't know how to use that can you explain please?

expanded version: LOLOLOL

Sure once you open a song/lesson or riff in GP press F9 (or click the tool button that has 2 arrows going in a circle

Spend some time looking at the this window before moving on, select speed trainer

tempo means at what % of the original tempo do you want to start at, if the track is 100BPM the trainer will start at say 50% (what you set it at) which is 50 BPM
(To) means what is the maximum speed you want it to reach, most of the time you will set it at 100% since we all want to play it as fast as written.
The last selection is how much faster should it play each time through, Mine is usually 10% or less. Means it will go 10% faster each time it goes though. << Keeping this number lower means more times though to get to the original bpm and the longer you do it the better you will play.

Once you understand this then move to this next steps....

Take your mouse and select any number of notes that you would like to learn faster and make sure they are highlighted. Hit the space bar and away you go.

The tool button will be a lighter color if the speed trainer is on.
Play around and remember the point is to work up in speed over a long duration.

I am working on getting a certain lesson up to 110BPM
My setting are: start at 50% go to 100% and increase by 2 percent each time. Once the notes are selected hitting the space bar will stop it and hitting it again will start over at the slower speed again. Post any question you have, GL

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Aug 25 2007, 01:33 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Aug 25 2007, 01:30 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Aug 25 2007, 07:03 AM) *
AHH if u wanna buy gp5 buy it off my site smile.gif
cause i get paid for everone who buys it from me hahah biggrin.gif.. well actually they havn't contacted me back yet .. but i applied.. its worth the 60 its amazing!! im actually working on slowing down now haha ! ive been going fast for so long.. playing scales slowly is a challenege.. no jokes its pissing me off lol.. my tempo sucks slowly without a metronome smile.gif

Hey now you are spamming wink.gif J/k

The slower you go the more important the metronome is..

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Aug 25 2007, 01:31 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

+Quote Post
JOhn
Aug 25 2007, 01:53 PM
whats the point of this program? we already have gmc..

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
swingline
Aug 25 2007, 02:01 PM
QUOTE (JOhn @ Aug 25 2007, 05:53 AM) *
whats the point of this program? we already have gmc..

This is a common thought but it is more than a tab reading device it is capable of infinite backing tracks, it trains, and makes tabs easier. I would strongly recommend it.

P.S. Don't think Power Tab Editor is the same, it is not 1/8th as good as GP5.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 01:26 AM