29 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Todd's Video Chat Lesson Notes
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2011, 02:04 AM
GMC:er
Thanks to everyone who helped make today's chat such a killer session! You guys RAWK!

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 17 2011, 08:01 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 17 2011, 07:51 AM
TH1 MEGA BANK
Attached File  TH1_MEGABANK.xml.zip ( 3.43K ) Number of downloads: 131

GMC LESSON 88 - AP/ECO/SHRED and The Zen of Picking

http://bit.ly/gmclesson88

CLICK HERE TO JOIN CHAT ROOM @ 5PM EST 10PM GMT

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/chat
Let's try to expand on our picking and our reach just a bit and pull in some more Neo Classical influence along the way smile.gif But first, STRETCHING!

FINGER YOGA!
Let’s do our usual Finger Yoga stretches. Here is a link to the video for references.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POvVMNdc6Tg

WARMUP - JUMPING RIGHT IN!

Here is our Backing for today with a solo lick. And here is the OVERLOUD TH1 TRIODE custom patch I"m using in today's Lesson.

Attached File  GMC_Lesson88_TH1.xml.zip ( 3.43K ) Number of downloads: 134

http://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/gmc88-backingwithsolo

Let's do a descending triad pattern to warmup. Strike once per string, E then A, then hammer on the rest and descend. Let's try this on several strings.

*It's almost a sweep/arpeggio sort of thing.
Attached File  88_Warmup.gp5 ( 1.51K ) Number of downloads: 124

Attached Image

Also, let's try to pick each note for a couple of passes to get the blood going!

DOUBLE TIME!

Now let's jump to our next shape. It's just a slightly tougher version of what we just did. And repeated once more for good measure. So twice through then move down a fret.

Let's move this around and then pick each note, then double pick!

Attached File  88_A.gp5 ( 1.54K ) Number of downloads: 162

Attached Image

AND STREEEETTCCCHHHH!

And now, for a big of STREEEEETTCCCHHING the fingers out to prep for our lead licks.

Strike once then hammer on the next two notes. Then let's pick all of them, and oh....maybe...double pick!

Attached File  88_B.gp5 ( 1.76K ) Number of downloads: 147

Attached Image

POWER METAL MADNESS

It's time to use our skills built so far in this lesson to help us master our "L:ead Licks" for the backing. The good news is your mostly there! Just some slight variation.

Attached File  88_C.gp5 ( 1.73K ) Number of downloads: 158

Attached Image

ABOVE AND BEYOND

Let's take a shape from last time and add some to it. This shape is complex and with the extra notes, it's almost an etude in itself. It is a great way to work on your picking. Let's loop it and march it up the neck! If you can double pick this, congrats you RAWK!

Attached File  88D_Extended.gp5 ( 2.07K ) Number of downloads: 135

Attached Image

HERE IS BACKING WITHOUT SOLO!
Attached File  BackingLessonday.mp3 ( 740.74K ) Number of downloads: 120

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 18 2011, 12:41 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  BackingWithSolo.mp3 ( 781.55K ) Number of downloads: 162

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 21 2011, 07:54 AM
GMC LESSON 89 - "TRIPEGGIOs" (Is it an arpeggio? A Triad? It's a Tripeggio!)

http://bit.ly/gmclesson89

This is our Final Lesson of the year! Let's really RIP IT UP! Lots of great stuff planned smile.gif But first, STRETCHING!

FINGER YOGA!
Let’s do our usual Finger Yoga stretches. Here is a link to the video for references.

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Let's do our usual warm up lick and see if we can shred it up without melting out arm! Let's pick each note and palm mute as we go.

Attached File  89WARMUP.gp5 ( 1.53K ) Number of downloads: 125

Attached Image

Now let's start with our shapes. We are going to expand on what we did last week and continue to combine TRIADS and ARPEGGIO shapes. This first one should be simple. Let's try it as a loop, and march it around the neck. Remember to palm mute! Let's pick every note, then sweep pick the first two and hammer/pull the rest.

Attached File  89A.gp5 ( 1.52K ) Number of downloads: 137

Attached Image

GETTING CRAZY

Now let's get a bit more crazy! This one is a bit more complicated. We are going to use different shapes in a descending pattern. Let's try it as a loop, and march it around the neck. Remember to palm mute! Let's pick every note, then sweep pick the first two and hammer/pull the rest.

Attached File  89B.gp5 ( 1.58K ) Number of downloads: 145

Attached Image

CRAZIER

Here is a preview of our backing track for today. It's almost a NeoClassical Reggae vibe!
http://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/guitarmasterlcass-net-lesson

Here is the backing for download
Attached File  89BACKING.mp3 ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 144

So let's play a set with our backing. We are going to work up some speed here.

Attached File  89C.gp5 ( 1.76K ) Number of downloads: 155

Attached Image

CRAZIEST

We are going to build on our new collection of shapes and play it almost like a stand alone Classical Etude. By adding some pedal point/tone elements in to it, we make it a bit more of a challenge. Let's try it as a loop, and march it around the neck. Remember to palm mute! Let's pick every note, then sweep pick the first two and hammer/pull the rest.

Attached File  89D.gp5 ( 2.36K ) Number of downloads: 127

Attached Image

NEXT UP!

In this net set, we are going to switch to an ascending pattern and use new shapes. These are different from anything we've done thus far, but are still in our same key/scale. Notice how the patterns seem different, but sound really similar to our previous shapes from today.

Attached File  89E.gp5 ( 1.61K ) Number of downloads: 112

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 21 2011, 09:53 AM

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Dec 21 2011, 08:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 21 2011, 06:54 AM) *
GMC LESSON 89 - "TRIPEGGIOs" (Is it an arpeggio? A Triad? It's a Tripeggio!)

http://bit.ly/gmclesson89

This is our Final Lesson of the year! Let's really RIP IT UP! Lots of great stuff planned smile.gif But first, STRETCHING!

FINGER YOGA!

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Let's do our usual warm up lick and see if we can shred it up without melting out arm!

Now let's start with our shapes. We are going to expand on what we did last week and continue to combine TRIADS and ARPEGGIO shapes. This first one should be simple. Let's try it as a loop, and march it around the neck.

Let's pick it and do it as a sweep/hammer on/pull off.

GETTING CRAZY

Now let's get a bit more crazy! This one is a bit more complicated. Let's alternate pick it and do it "pulled"/"swept".

CRAZIER

On to switching shapes mid stream! You guessed it, looped, marched, picked and pulled!

SHREDDING WITH OUR BACKING

Here is a preview of our backing track for today. It's almost a NeoClassical Reggae vibe!

http://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/guitarmasterlcass-net-lesson

Here is the backing for download
Attached File  89BACKING.mp3 ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 144

The drums sound a bit like, Led Zeppelin- When the Levee Breaks. I won't be there for the whole thing tomorrow, but I will sit in on as much as possible.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 21 2011, 09:54 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Dec 21 2011, 02:26 AM) *
The drums sound a bit like, Led Zeppelin- When the Levee Breaks. I won't be there for the whole thing tomorrow, but I will sit in on as much as possible.

Should be a killer lesson today smile.gif I think I may have gone nuts and stuffed a crazy amount of shredness in to one lesson but it's my first WED and last LESSON OF THE YEAR! So I want to go out with a huge BANG smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 31 2011, 07:43 PM
GMC LESSON 90 - 2011 FINAL LESSON! (Last chance to work our PINKY!)

http://bit.ly/gmclesson90

This is our Final Lesson of the year! Let's really RIP IT UP! Lots of great stuff planned But first, STRETCHING!

FINGER YOGA!
Let’s do our usual Finger Yoga stretches. Here is a link to the video for reference.

(Posting Lesson Notes As We Speak!)

Here is the TH1 TRIODE (Guitar Plugin) patch for today.
Attached File  Lesson90_TH1_presets.xml.zip ( 7.11K ) Number of downloads: 164

Let's work on our stretch a bit more. Here is our warmup shape. Let's pick and pull (AP and Legato) this and move it down the neck and the strings. In doing so we get some endurance work as a bonus.
Attached Image

Here is our backing. Download it for later practice as well.

Attached File  GMC_Lesson90_Backing.mp3 ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 152

Now let's start working with our backing in addition to our metronome. This tablature shows the positions we are going to use. Play each set 4 times with the backing. E.g. Each set of four notes, repeats four times then shifts when played against the backing track. This will help us work our picking as well as our stretch.

Attached File  90a.gp5 ( 1.59K ) Number of downloads: 130

Attached Image

We are going to add in open strings and give our lick an almost arpeggio sounding vibe. But do so without actually playing an arpeggio shape. Again, play each position four times with the backing. Let's pick and pull this one as well.

Attached File  90b.gp5 ( 1.47K ) Number of downloads: 139

Attached Image

Return of the TRIPEGGIO!

Let's do this same type of lick now as a "Tripeggio" a mixture of triad/arpeggio. So down stroke the first two notes like you are sweep picking then pull off/hammer on the rest.

Attached File  90c.gp5 ( 1.48K ) Number of downloads: 151

Attached Image

2011 Review

Looking back, this lesson really got us started on our picking and shredding. Let's review this lesson and see if we have gained any speed since we started doing all this.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...0%9D_-_Lesson_5

All of the lessons we have ever done are available in this killer wiki (Thanks to Fran!) if you have missed any of them, go back over them in 2012. Each one builds on the last so they are good to have covered!

Thanks for a great year guys smile.gif Looking forward to a great 2012 @ GMC!

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 31 2011, 11:21 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Dec 31 2011, 08:38 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Last lesson of the year!! I gotta make it to this one for sure!! Happy New Year!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 31 2011, 09:55 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Dec 31 2011, 02:38 PM) *
Last lesson of the year!! I gotta make it to this one for sure!! Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to you as well smile.gif See you there!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 2 2012, 04:50 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey Todd!
Here is an mp3 of what I was doing on the lesson 90 Warmup that you asked me to record, I set the metro up at 260bpm and gave it a go today. smile.gif So here is a few minutes of that.

[attachment=25753:Lesson90Warmup.mp3]

I think 260 is where we topped out in the chat lesson. I couldnt get it as clean as when I was harmonizing with you in the chat tongue.gif . I dunno some days ya got it some days ya dont I guess. I need to be more consistant dry.gif
I was playing 0 12 16 and decending like that over your 0 8 12 . Sounded pretty wicked! ph34r.gif
I tried to push past the tempo a couple times there at the end and blew up! laugh.gif
Peace! Rich...

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2012, 06:26 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 1 2012, 10:50 PM) *
Hey Todd!
Here is an mp3 of what I was doing on the lesson 90 Warmup that you asked me to record, I set the metro up at 260bpm and gave it a go today. smile.gif So here is a few minutes of that.

I think 260 is where we topped out in the chat lesson. I couldnt get it as clean as when I was harmonizing with you in the chat tongue.gif . I dunno some days ya got it some days ya dont I guess. I need to be more consistant dry.gif
I was playing 0 12 16 and decending like that over your 0 8 12 . Sounded pretty wicked! ph34r.gif
I tried to push past the tempo a couple times there at the end and blew up! laugh.gif
Peace! Rich...

Very cool stuff! Well played! Sounds pretty spiff! Make it it to a song and a collab! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 2 2012, 07:22 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 1 2012, 10:50 PM) *
Hey Todd!

Peace! Rich...

Very cool stuff! Well played! Sounds pretty spiff! Make it it to a song and a collab! smile.gif

Hey guys! Here is the collab that is based on our 80's Lesson, Enjoy!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 2 2012, 07:23 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 3 2012, 09:50 AM
Here is a Youtube Playlist with all the videos from the collab as well as the final. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1CEEB28B7722E385

HERE ARE THE NOTES ON EACH SOLO! Great Job Guys!

1.)Dokugan
Congrats on a really cool take! I like how you took a rhythmic approach and made use of triad
"ish" sounding licks and how you alternated various octaves. I used some of your chops to match as a Harmony Lead lick as well. Nice!

2.)Brandon Earman
Just killer! Really well played. Your choice of notes/licks/key was spot on and your bends were really tight and focused. Nice!

3.)Christian
Killer Hair! smile.gif Loved your props! Great background as well smile.gif A lot of nice touches here. Not to mention the tasty chops in your solo! I lead in to your big pull off break and also blended you with some other chops. Your solo is well played and shows great progress. You Rawk!

4.)Ben Higgins
Ben Freakin Higgins! Needless to say you ripped it to shreds and balanced it with soulful licks bursting with groove and technique. I blended your licks with some of the bordering chops and got some great dual guitar effects. Killer job.

5.)Rammikin
Congrats on your first Collab! Well done on jumping and kudos for indulging yourself as you mentioned as that's what this type of thing is all about! Your licks worked well and you combined scale work and legato with style. Nicely played.

6.)Ivan
One of my Fav Ivan Solos Ever! I gave you the ending segment where it's just you and bass guitar to let you go nuts without the distraction of the drums. Loved it.

And in case you missed it! Here is the final. I put a thick layer of "Hollywood" over the web cab footage to make it look a bit more spiff smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 3 2012, 09:57 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 7 2012, 06:13 AM
GMC LESSON 91 - "Inverted Hammering/Tapping" And "Fret Skipping"!

Here is the direct link to today's lesson.
http://bit.ly/gmclesson91

Today we are going to introduced some techiques we have NEVER DONE BEFORE! But first...

FINGER YOGA!
Let’s do our usual Finger Yoga stretches. Here is a link to the video for reference.

Our first lesson of the year! Let's jump right in smile.gif

*TODAY'S CUSTOM OVERLOUD TH1 PATCH*
This patch is built just for you! It requires no extra gear to pump up the signal. I built it using a guitar and computer. No direct box, no outboard gear of any kind. So even if you plug in directly to your computer and skip the recording interface, this patch will still have WADS of gain.

Attached File  GMC_Lesson91_TH1Patch.xml.zip ( 7.95K ) Number of downloads: 126

Patch Audio Demo
Attached File  91_Preview.mp3 ( 490.74K ) Number of downloads: 122

Patch Screen Grab
Attached Image

First up, let's do a warm up. Let's try this as a pull of workout and as an alternate picking workout. First, let's just strike the first note and hammer/pull the rest.

Attached File  91warmup.gp5 ( 1.67K ) Number of downloads: 118

Attached Image

Now let's Alternate Pick it.

Attached File  91A.gp5 ( 1.7K ) Number of downloads: 132

Attached Image

As a bonus, let's DOUBLE PICK IT! (Pick every note twice)

PLAYING WITH INVERTED HAND POSITIONS:

Let's try something we have never done before in honor of the new year. We are going to use both hands and do some hammering but do it sort of backwards.

So play the third fret with you left hand, And play the higher fret with your right. Let's loop this.

Attached File  91B.gp5 ( 1.51K ) Number of downloads: 123

Attached Image

Now that we have the hang of it, let's combine our "Fret Skipping" and our new approach to tapping/hammering.
Attached File  91C.gp5 ( 1.76K ) Number of downloads: 134

Attached Image

JUMPING AROUND

Let's use these same notes and do some "Fret Jumping". It's sort of like string skipping but with frets smile.gif

Attached File  91D.gp5 ( 1.73K ) Number of downloads: 130

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 7 2012, 11:17 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 14 2012, 06:01 AM
GMC LESSON 92 - SPEED IS A BYPRODUCT OF PRECISION

http://bit.ly/gmclesson92

Today's Lesson is PART II of LESSON 88. We are going to break down the rather complex backing and use it to stuffy alternate picking/economic picking while traversing strings. It's using 16th notes @ 120 Beats a minute. In other words, we are going to work on precision. After that, speed will just sorta "Happen"! Here is a sample of what we are going to be working on with a bonus lead on it for extra fun smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/guitarmasterclass-net-lesson

FINGER YOGA!

OVERLOUD TH1 is just amazing and I"m using it for today's lesson. I"ve made a patch for you that needs no extra pre-amps or what not. Just plug in your guitar to your recording interface. No Amps were harmed in the making of this patch smile.gif

Patch File (Zipped)
Attached File  92_TH1_BANK.xml.zip ( 9.46K ) Number of downloads: 147

Patch Audio Demo
Attached File  92_patchPreview.mp3 ( 726.45K ) Number of downloads: 159

Patch Screen Grab
[attachment=25845:92.jpg]

WARM UP

First up, let's do a warm up our fingers. We are going to do some Hybrid picking here to help increase our speed moving between strings. This is often the barrier between a player and his goal speed.

*QUICK TIP: Take note of the pick stroke indicators in the tablature. It's the entire point of the pattern and of today's lesson.

Guitar Pro 5/Tux File (Tablature)
[at

Let's march this down the neck. Play it twice, then move down a fret. Start around 90 BPM and work as far up in speed as you can. Then slow down the metronome again to 90 and Double Pick the shape (play each note twice) this will further work your inside/outside picking.

Guitar Pro/Tux File (Tablature)
Attached File  92Warmup.gp5 ( 1.54K ) Number of downloads: 140

Attached Image

ECONOMIC PICKING

Let's try something a bit harder. This pattern is an extension of the first. Make sure to use "ECONOMIC PICKING" (Two of the same types of pick strokes in a row, in this case two down strokes.) per the tablature. It will make playing this shape at speed much simpler. (16th Notes @ 120 BPM) This speed doesn't seem that fast on one string. It's the constant back and forth between strings that makes it hard.

*Don't forget to PALM MUTE every note.

Let's march this down the neck. Play it twice, then move down a fret. Start around 90 BPM and work as far up in speed as you can. Then slow down the metronome again to 90 and Double Pick the shape (play each note twice)

Attached File  92A.gp5 ( 1.59K ) Number of downloads: 148

Attached Image

ADDING SOME STRETCH IN TO THE MIX

It's time to work our stretch a bit! Let's extend this shape and put our finger yoga to good use!

Attached File  92B.gp5 ( 1.59K ) Number of downloads: 142

Attached Image

PLAYING CLOSE IN

Attached Image
Attached File  92C.gp5 ( 1.59K ) Number of downloads: 154

This version of the shape may feel a bit cramped as it requires a very short fret span. Also, I've changed the pattern a bit. Once all three shapes are put together, they are the backing track for today. A palm muted riff in E Minor. This riff has a Progressive Metal sort of vibe to it. Feel free to use it as a backing or for whatever you like once you can play it. It's under creative commons license so you can use it freely.

PLAN B

Here is an alternate rythm to play in the B position on the way back up to the A. It provides a bit of variation. This is the way I'm playing it in the recorded backing for today. However, you can skip this if it makes the rythm to hard for now. It's up to you.

Attached File  92D.gp5 ( 1.59K ) Number of downloads: 160

Attached Image

Here is the backing with drums/bass.
Attached File  92_BackingTrack.mp3 ( 726.45K ) Number of downloads: 133

http://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/guitarclass-net-lesson-92

PUTTING IT TOGETHER

Let's put all these bits together now and try to play with our backing. Start on the 5th Fret and play the parts one after another. Then back up to resolve on the A. So 1, 2, 3, 2, 1 would be the play order. You can use the alternate version of the middle lick on the way up if you like, as in the example, to provide a slightly differnt feel to the lick. But it will work without doing so as well.

RIPPING IT UP OVER THE BACKING

Let's bring back our "TRIPEGGIOs"! Hopefully these are well under your control at this point. If you are new to these, they are just a mix between an Arpeggio and a Triad. They will fit well with our backing.

Use a down stroke to "Sweep" the first two notes, as you would in sweep picking. Then hammer on/pull off the rest, landing on the starting note. All three shapes are in the tablature below.

Attached File  92E.gp5 ( 1.58K ) Number of downloads: 125

Attached Image

Now experiment with the backing and come up with your own solo. Be sure to post it and share!

PRACTICE!
Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 15 2012, 12:26 AM

+Quote Post
etrodai
Jan 15 2012, 02:02 PM
Hi Todd,

can you put up the picking pattern for each part please? I'm a little lost with it

Thanks,
Andy

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 16 2012, 01:05 AM
Will do smile.gif

I"ve got a version of them with the picking. I"ll put them up as soon as I can. I was wanting folks to try to use the Warmup picking as a template to determine the most efficient picking pattern for them personally on the other riffs. But I will put up what I"m doing and you can use it as and you can use it as guideline.

Todd

QUOTE (etrodai @ Jan 15 2012, 08:02 AM) *
Hi Todd,

can you put up the picking pattern for each part please? I'm a little lost with it

Thanks,
Andy

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 21 2012, 03:51 AM
JOIN ME FOR OUR LIVE VIDEO CHAT LESSON @ 10PM GMT, 5PM EST!

GMC LESSON 93 - PLAYING THINGS YOU THOUGHT WERE IMPOSSIBLE

http://bit.ly/gmclesson93

Today we are going to play something that may, at first, seem hard to impossible. Using "Finger Shifting" we will use parts other than the tip of the finger to fret notes without repositioning.

FINGER YOGA!

OVERLOUD TH1 is just amazing and I"m using it for today's lesson. I"ve made a patch for you that needs no extra pre-amps or what not. Just plug in your guitar to your recording interface. No Amps were harmed in the making of this patch smile.gif

Patch File (Zipped)
Attached File  9GMC93_TH1PATCH.xml.zip ( 9.84K ) Number of downloads: 128

Patch Audio Demo
Attached File  93PatchPrewview.mp3 ( 826.45K ) Number of downloads: 117

Patch Screen Grab
Attached Image

WARM UP

Let's warm up a bit with this shape.

Notice the two down strokes for the first two notes. This is "Economic Picking", using two strokes of the same type in a row. It's similar to our semi sweep pick approach in our tripeggios.

Attached File  93warmup.gp5 ( 1.55K ) Number of downloads: 122

Attached Image

PART A - Quasi Tripeggio With Crazy Stretch

Let's jump in the deep end right way just for fun smile.gif Take a look at our shape. It will require you to use your stretch a bit. Also, try to use down strokes for ascending, and up strokes for descending almost like we are sweep picking this.

Let's play it twice, move it up one fret, and again and soforth up to the 12th fret.

As a bonus, let's DOUBLE PICK this! (Pick Every Note Twice) and march it up the neck.

Attached File  93A.gp5 ( 1.51K ) Number of downloads: 141

Attached Image

PART B - Extended Quasi Tripeggio With Crazy Stretch

Now then, let's play something that will work with our backing now that we have some muscle memory built up. It combines our tripeggio thing with an inversion. I want you to find what works best in terms of picking.

Attached File  93B.gp5 ( 1.63K ) Number of downloads: 133

Attached Image

In addition to playing this with our backing, let't work it up the neck and see if we can work on our endurance a bit. Also, let's try a double pick on this.

PART C - Impossible Pinky with Quasi Tripeggio With Crazy Stretch

Now we are going to work on a "Pinky Shift". Essentially flattening out your pinky to hit a note Instead of using the tip of your finger.

Attached File  93c.gp5 ( 1.55K ) Number of downloads: 146

Attached Image

Let's march this up the neck too.

Here is our backing track, download and jam!

Attached File  93Backing.mp3 ( 1.9MB ) Number of downloads: 143

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 21 2012, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 21 2012, 03:58 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
link not working?

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 21 2012, 04:18 AM
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jan 20 2012, 09:58 PM) *
link not working?

Not yet, I'm still putting up the notes. But it will be working for the lesson. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jan 21 2012, 04:43 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
It looks good already. This is sure to improve anyone's technique. I will see you tomorrow, man! Thanks ahead of time for the lesson!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:53 PM