Pedal Steel Guitar
PosterBoy
Nov 13 2020, 10:39 AM
Learning Roadie
I know i can be the most distracted person in the world, but for years ive wanted a pedal steel, from the early 90s when i had an alternative country band.
Its always been a little out of reach based on them being hard to find and stupidly expensive.
Now there's a decent one wothin 1.5hrs drive from me that i could afford (there are probably more responsible uses for my money but...)

The question is do i have the discipline to learn the complex instrument and will i have the outlet for playing it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 13 2020, 10:50 AM
GMC Founder
We obviously all have different situations/background etc - but whenever I do something a little crazy like buying a new instrument, it always gives me ton of new ideas, inspiration and possibilities. So I am seriously wondering why I don't do it more often.

So if you ask me - I say GO FOR IT, pedal steel seems like loads of fun - though I have absolutely no idea how to play one 😅

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 13 2020, 12:19 PM
Learning Roadie
If it wasn't 2K I would be less cautious, and that's a good price for this model. Most PSG are in the 3-5K range.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 13 2020, 05:58 PM
GMC:er
What about starting with a 'lap' steel, either 6 or 8 string?
It'll get you used to the tunings - C6 or E9 and using the bar. They are ubiquitous and not expensive.
If you take well to learning the lap, then go all the way with a pedal steel.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 13 2020, 06:27 PM
Learning Roadie
I did think about that, Ken, but with one on my doorstep (relatively speaking) it's an opportunity I don't think I want to miss. Unlike in the US it's not like you find them available over here in Ireland often.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 14 2020, 03:20 AM
GMC:er
Sounds like you answered your own question smile.gif Let us know how it goes once you get your hands on it!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 13 2020, 01:27 PM) *
I did think about that, Ken, but with one on my doorstep (relatively speaking) it's an opportunity I don't think I want to miss. Unlike in the US it's not like you find them available over here in Ireland often.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 14 2020, 07:52 PM
Learning Roadie
This bad boy is being shipped to me on Monday

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:40 AM