Compare Guthrie Govan, T. Alexander, Sfogli And Others Jamming Over The Same Backing
ItsMe
Sep 18 2008, 07:47 PM
GMC:er
They all jam over the Larry Carlton backing from bluesjamtracks.com. It demonstrates that most of the fusionista use a very similar language. Nice backing to jam over though.

Have fun.

Guthrie Govan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUZK9dasP8s

Trey Alexander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5M9QSFMuQc

Marco Sfogli:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f27P6_DB1vw

Chris Feener:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PapmirN7Yb0

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Sep 18 2008, 08:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice, I saw sfogli and guthrie's takes a couple of months ago. feener and trey alexander did an awesome job too. Beautiful playing from both of them.

Thanks for sharing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
edguy
Sep 18 2008, 08:17 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for sharing this with us very nice indeed. I didn't know any of these guys but i realy like them.
4 amazing Players

Edguy

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 18 2008, 08:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've heard some of these before, but never realized it was the same backing tongue.gif

Thanks for sharing ^^ I'll definetly check out that site =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Sep 18 2008, 08:34 PM
I found more guys jamming over the Larry Carlton backing but these four stood out. Guthrie beeing the best for sure but Sfogli is also very good. But the newcomers do a great job too.

+Quote Post
Siggum
Sep 18 2008, 09:06 PM
They are all great, i enjoyed Guthries the most though smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Noangels
Sep 18 2008, 11:38 PM
Thats kind of a natural phrasing that a lot of players play,so it doesnt surprise me that the 1st 3 are in the same ball park in terms of timing and melody.

Love Guthries playing,but he was realy tame for his standard on that track!Was expecting some sick chops,perhaps it was cutt off before he realy got flying?

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Sep 19 2008, 02:19 AM
Wow, Trey Alexander was easily my favorites.. Didn't like guthries take too much. Marcos take was real good too.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 19 2008, 03:27 AM
Instructor
This is Larry Carlton backing track. I would like to see Larry jamming over this. That would be the real deal. All these guys are awesome players but none of these styles match Larry's playing. This was typical shred which we all know.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Sep 19 2008, 03:55 AM
I thought I would have liked Guthrie's the most... But, I actually liked Trey's a lot! I saw him perform a year ago in San Fransisco. To be honest, I didn't like him as much then... He's got some funny mouth movements when he's playing, almost like the guitar is trying to channel through his body wink.gif .

Thanks for the upload! smile.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 19 2008, 04:13 AM
Marco and Chris for me. I love Marco's phrasing >_<

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:18 PM