Yes A Pickup Question
VinceG
Sep 22 2007, 04:08 PM
GMC:er
Well, I have finally decided to change my pickups for my Schecter C-1+ guitar. Im looking at Dimarzio X2N, the pups that Chuck Schuldiner used, to get a nice old school sounding death metal ala Death Spiritual Healing. Well my main problem is my amp. Its not bad by any means but if im going to drop some high gained pickup on my guitar, can a solid state amp handle it? I have a Crate 65r btw. Nothing special. Clean, rhythm, lead channel. Any help on this would be nice or high pup recomendation w/o it beeing active.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 22 2007, 04:36 PM
Well lets..The c1 has humbucker's right?Dimarzo are very good and i really like seymour duncan as well.If you want a high gain humbucker thats not active by Dimarzio check out the new D Activator.It's got the high output of a active but no batteries required biggrin.gif .Thats right up my alley as i dont prefer actives either.Also Duncan SH-6 distortion is a great one which i use and the SH-13 dimebucker,but the dime realy limits your playing to heavy all the time as its not ver versatile.

As for your amp.Dude i dont see why you would have a problem with it.It doesnt matter that its solid state and not tube tongue.gif Some will disagree the Tube maniacs' laugh.gif but really if your guitar sounded ok with the Crate now it wil just sound 10 times better with the new high end model humbucker's.I'm not familier with the exact amp you use,although i have had 4 or 5 crate amps so far (all solid state) 2 amp head's and the rest amps which i think are similer to your's.I really liked them all except one amp head from the 80's tongue.gif but it wont cause you a problem im sure. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
buttmonk
Sep 22 2007, 06:20 PM
http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/

Not tried any of these yet but the entire range is supposed to be really good. The heaviest in the range is the Warpig and that is really heavy judging by the sound clips. My next guitar which I am building will have a pair of ceramic magnet Warpigs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 22 2007, 07:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Sure you'll get a different sound. Any change of guitar, pickups or amp will alter the sound, to a different extent depending on which you change of course.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 22 2007, 08:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 22 2007, 08:23 PM) *
Sure you'll get a different sound. Any change of guitar, pickups or amp will alter the sound, to a different extent depending on which you change of course.

MickeM has a point.
There are many things that create your sound,even a cable/cables. smile.gif

This post has been edited by muris: Sep 22 2007, 09:16 PM

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 23 2007, 04:15 AM
alright well thanks. I guesse ill change it then. Hope its good. I might be getting a D Activator or SD Invader.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:36 AM