> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Nikeman64 - Bend And Slide For Beginners
Grade
Nikeman64 - Bend And Slide For Beginners
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

nikeman64
Jun 22 2011, 04:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello GMC

I picked this lesson to work on my bendings and vibrato. Hope the pitch is a little better now.

Original : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bend-A...lide-Exercises/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Gear used : Les Paul and Line 6 X3

Grtz, Nico

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jun 25 2011, 07:02 PM

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2011, 05:35 PM
Instructor
hey Nico! smile.gif you are improving but still have to work on the pitch. This lesson is very good as it makes you concentrate on keeping a steady rhythm when executing vibrato and sustaining long notes. Try and listen to the flow of the melody and its notes, more than focusing on the actual vibrato - this is achieved by a lot of practice.

Vibrato is a shifty and cunning thing to master, but once you got a clear picture about how to 'flow' with the groove, pitch and feel you'll nail everything.

Keep it up!

A good reference for incredibly smooth vibrato and bending is the following song:

Andy is among my favorites! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2011, 09:28 PM
Instructor
Hi man! First of all! I love that guitar! biggrin.gif hahah As Cosmin said you have to work more on your bending, you are not reaching the correct pitch most of the times. Your Vibrato also should be stronger. Your timing is good and I like your tone!
Andy Timmons playing will be very inspiring for you because his vibrato and bending is awesome.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 23 2011, 08:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Nico, I agree with Cosmin & Gabriel comments...still work to do on bends & vibrato, but you're on the good way in my opinion...still practice !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 23 2011, 09:59 PM
Instructor
This take shows that you haven't yet mastered full control of vibrato! All in all -quite decent, keep practicing !

PS:
Your score from the bench ?? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 25 2011, 07:01 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
A little more work man but getting better! smile.gif 7 on this take.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:06 AM