Pod Xt
N4085B
Nov 29 2007, 09:31 PM
GMC:er
Hello all,
I just bought a Podxt and it rocks! But I have a question about recording with it. I downloaded Marcus Lavendell's killer sound patch...and it SMOKES through the headphones jack. When I hook it up to my DAW using the L & R output jacks it sounds nothing like the output on the headphone jack! So I ran the headphone output into my mixer and it sounds killer again. My question is why does the phone output sound so different than the regular outputs using the same patch?

Thanks in advance,
Jess

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Gerardo Siere
Feb 4 2008, 12:31 AM
Instructor
You have to set the destination to Direct studio if you go to a daw. Use the Output mode Botton in the XT Live. What you need is to get a line out signal, line signal and regular unbalanced guitar signal have diferent voltage so you must tell the pod where are you pluggin it to.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
steve25
Feb 4 2008, 12:38 AM
Doesn't that automatically happen when you plug in headphones to the PODxt?

+Quote Post
whammysam
Feb 4 2008, 02:04 AM
The pod xt manual is more of a technological bible than a simple product instructional. Which I mean, is probably a good thing, because it hopefully suggests that our beloved pod has much more to offer, than the heck of a lot that it already does.. (in all fairness) On the down side, a lot of us are scratching our heads as to how to explore it's limits and boundaries.. Trying to achieve that 'perfect tone' and so fourth. And not just taking a given preset.. easing back the gain a little, maybe changing the reverb and such and seeing how we go from there. I find it a bit careless that line6 (knowing that the majority of us are not sound engineers) have left us to our own and not offered any support in this area. They sell so many of them after all.... S'pose we'll just have to keep twiddling.

P.s. Anyone found some good tones? tongue.gif
Can you do the good deed and post them up laugh.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Feb 4 2008, 08:30 AM
QUOTE (steve25 @ Feb 4 2008, 12:38 AM) *
Doesn't that automatically happen when you plug in headphones to the PODxt?

When you plug in heaphones it overrides the amp output selection. So if you run your POD through an amp you need to unplug the headphones.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Gus
Feb 6 2008, 07:34 PM
Also do not forget that things sound different in different loudness.
I use to have killer headphone patches that did look like buzzing on stage...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher-Munson_curves

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:19 PM