What Kind Of Amp Should I Get?, Pod x3 live, good?
Hans-Erik
Apr 29 2008, 08:44 PM
GMC:er
So, i got me a new guitar recently, a pretty expensive one. And now i want an amp of some sort, that compares to the quality of the guitar (my behringer pod does not sound very good).

I want to be able to achieve different sounds because i play several playstyles

Ive been lookin at the Line6's Pod X3 Live. Ive seen folks with it here, and i would like some opinions. Can i hook it up with a cabinet, a monitor speaker or whatever, to get the same "effect" as a standard combo amp? Because im tired of always being forced to use headphones, or my crappy computer speakers. (But i really need headphone jack tho, cant always play loud)
I really like the possibility to record to the computer, and the ability to have so many sounds in one unit.
But how does it sound compare to real amps? (1000$~)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP Horizon FR
Behringer V-amp2
LIne6 Toneport UX2
Marshall Valvestate 8040 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Marcus Siepen
Apr 29 2008, 08:55 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
To use it at home a pod is for sure not a bad choice, it is easy to use and offers many different sounds, and of course you can play it at any volume, so the neighbours won't kill you wink.gif I would never use something like this live though, or for serious album recordings, it is ok for some effects, but a real amp will always blow away those modeling amps.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:21 PM