Upcoming Lesson Layout/features!, A glimpse into the future!
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 30 2008, 01:12 PM
GMC Founder
Hi there,

We have got many great suggestions on the "GMC site feedback & suggestions" board on how to improve the lesson layout/fetaures - thanks! biggrin.gif

We have got a whole new lesson layout planned for you which not only fixes all the obvious flaws of our current lesson layout (rating, related lessons, video size, comments, backing track player, metronome, video statistics etc etc) - basically adding all video featrues of youtube-sites which are standard + other hings which hopefully will be alot more innovative.

Although we have written all the specifications of this new layout last fall - work on this hasn't even begun yet sad.gif . But will very soon!

This will probably be the biggest GMC-custom-made solution ever - and the structure of it will allow for further development of lesson features in the future. (As opposed to our current lesson layout - which from a technical perspective is very hard to develop further.) That's why we are going to redo everything, and make the new lesson layout module-based, meaning we easily can add a new "module"/feature to the lesson layout.

An example of a module would be for instructors to be able to add an instructional quizz to a lesson (as suggested earlier on the forum). There is of course an unlimited amount of modules we can add to the lesson layout - imagination, pixel space and budget sets the limits! smile.gif

I am working hard to convince the development team to finish some features now and implement them in our current lesson layout - however this means a lot of extra work for somehting that will be removed anyway.

An example of this is a metronome and backing track player which is already finished and waiting for implementation in our current lesson layout - once we get the new layout finished we will have the player there as well!

Stay tuned for exciting times! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Kristofer Dahl   Upcoming Lesson Layout/features!   Mar 30 2008, 01:12 PM
- - Sam Hook   Sounds great Kris!   Mar 30 2008, 01:18 PM
- - Mark.   Cool stuff ! Cant wait to see it   Mar 30 2008, 01:33 PM
- - DeepRoots   Sounds great, thanks Kris   Mar 30 2008, 01:37 PM
- - Fran   Sounds awesome, I'm eager to see the new featu...   Mar 30 2008, 01:42 PM
- - Tsarpf   Sounds interesting! GoGoGo coders!   Mar 30 2008, 01:44 PM
- - audiopaal   Awesome Kris, looking forward to this   Mar 30 2008, 01:52 PM
- - uberIbanez   Sounds Awesome Kris!   Mar 30 2008, 01:53 PM
- - Juan M. Valero   Yeeaah !!! sounds good, now I can...   Mar 30 2008, 02:55 PM
- - Bogdan   This will be awesome and surly worth waiting for...   Mar 30 2008, 03:01 PM
|- - Muris   Great Kris,looking forward to it!! Quizz...   Mar 30 2008, 04:19 PM
nnn
- - Hisham   great idea and nice step forward to GMC.rs   Mar 30 2008, 09:53 PM
- - Trond Vold   Excellent news Cant wait for this   Mar 30 2008, 09:56 PM
- - Jerry Arcidiacono   Great news Kris! QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 30 2...   Mar 30 2008, 10:27 PM
- - Canis   Sounds great ^^ Will lesson difficulty be added to...   Apr 20 2008, 02:59 AM
|- - Kristofer Dahl   QUOTE (Canis @ Apr 20 2008, 01:59 AM) Sou...   Apr 20 2008, 10:27 AM
nnn
- - superize   sounds great   Apr 20 2008, 10:33 AM
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Excellent news! I'm so happy I can't w...   Apr 25 2008, 12:52 PM
|- - Muris Varajic   Sounds like whole new world,can't wait to see ...   May 3 2008, 11:16 PM
nnn
- - jacmoe   Can I add a request here, please? It would be a...   Jun 22 2008, 08:19 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:41 PM