The Most Disgusting Thing You Have Ever Eaten (by Mistake Or ...not)
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2012, 07:01 AM
Instructor
I will thank Ben for the indirect inspiration which he has provided biggrin.gif In a previous thread, we were discussing about how nasty it is when milk is going bad and you have no clue on that, so you use it in your coffee or drink it and...SURPRISE! It tastes like I don't know what laugh.gif

So, how many of this sort of food adventures have you guys had? The most interesting ones have probably been the ones in which you tried some 'interesting' food consciously, right? laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 17 2012, 08:22 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
My mum's Chinese and i grew up eating both Western and Chinese food. Some of the things that I've eaten:

Chicken feet
Shark fin soup
Sea Cucumber ( and no it's not a vegetable)
Sea Urchin
White pudding, tripe and all sorts of offal
Locust
Snake
Rat
Horse

My wife isn't that squamish by the way but the above list does make her cringe. One of my favourite Spanish dishes is rabo de toro (bull's tail) and me, my wife and daughter love snails with cumin, garlic and lentils.

I have very little gag reflex so can force down pretty much anything, including stuff I don't like. Food I don't like particularly:

okra, artichokes and celery.

Food/drink I can't eat due to allergies - red wine and strawberries.
Nowadays I'd also refuse to eat anything that was made from an endangered animal.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 17 2012, 09:52 AM
GMC:er
once a little kid in a far far galaxy ate a plastic toy, till today just the thought of that toy makes him heavy nauseated and with a huge urge of throwing up ..even worse if it's morning ....like now wacko.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2012, 08:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 17 2012, 08:52 AM) *
once a little kid in a far far galaxy ate a plastic toy, till today just the thought of that toy makes him heavy nauseated and with a huge urge of throwing up ..even worse if it's morning ....like now wacko.gif

Was it at least resembling any food? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 18 2012, 10:04 AM
Learning Roadie
I ate Armadillo when I was in Brazil.

Some of the men of my family went out during the night and trapped one and we had it with our lunch. Tastes like chicken

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Sep 18 2012, 09:04 AM) *
I ate Armadillo when I was in Brazil.

Some of the men of my family went out during the night and trapped one and we had it with our lunch. Tastes like chicken

sad.gif Why would you kill that little animal? sad.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 18 2012, 12:42 PM
Learning Roadie
It's just a rat with a hard shell

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2012, 01:33 PM
Instructor
If we think like that, what's a squirrel if not a rat with a fluffy tail? smile.gif

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Sep 18 2012, 03:17 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 18 2012, 12:33 PM) *
If we think like that, what's a squirrel if not a rat with a fluffy tail? smile.gif

It's a rat with a lot better taste tongue.gif

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Sep 18 2012, 04:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
First -
When I was a kid, I went to a birthday party and the lunch was an oriental meal with noodles - I took a bite out of what I thought was a meatball (I was a kid... I mean cmon - noodles = spaghetti right?), and blam! Ginger root! My mouth was burning and I had a sickening ginger flavor stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I've hated ginger ever since.

Second -
My best friend's parents invited me over for dinner when I was a kid. There was a mountain of noodles on a plate with a bunch of whole squid (yup - another meatball story). Everyone was popping them into their mouths (tentacles and all) like marshmallows. I tried one - went home and puked.

One man's delicacy...

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Sep 18 2012, 06:29 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
On one of my first fishing trips in Alaska, On a dare per the ritual of the guys I was fishing with I ate the roe out of the first King Salmon I had ever caught. Yuk!!! A minute or two after that I was sticking my finger down my throat to puke. I wished I had caught a male. huh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2012, 08:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Sep 18 2012, 03:35 PM) *
First -
When I was a kid, I went to a birthday party and the lunch was an oriental meal with noodles - I took a bite out of what I thought was a meatball (I was a kid... I mean cmon - noodles = spaghetti right?), and blam! Ginger root! My mouth was burning and I had a sickening ginger flavor stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I've hated ginger ever since.

Second -
My best friend's parents invited me over for dinner when I was a kid. There was a mountain of noodles on a plate with a bunch of whole squid (yup - another meatball story). Everyone was popping them into their mouths (tentacles and all) like marshmallows. I tried one - went home and puked.

One man's delicacy...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif This is too good for words! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Sep 18 2012, 05:29 PM) *
On one of my first fishing trips in Alaska, On a dare per the ritual of the guys I was fishing with I ate the roe out of the first King Salmon I had ever caught. Yuk!!! A minute or two after that I was sticking my finger down my throat to puke. I wished I had caught a male. huh.gif

Whoa! I eat roe but prepared - like caviar biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 20 2012, 03:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 17 2012, 09:52 AM) *

you must be pregnant

and just yesterday I picked up my coffee , took a swig and found two flies drowning- luckily I spit them up before swallowing

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Sep 20 2012, 03:39 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2012, 08:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 20 2012, 02:35 AM) *
you must be pregnant

and just yesterday I picked up my coffee , took a swig and found two flies drowning- luckily I spit them up before swallowing

laugh.gif I have eaten flies in the air (without intending to do that, of course) - they were flying into my mouth just when I have opened it..

Anyway, I have read that during a lifetime, a human being swallows an average of 8 spiders wink.gif watch out when you sleep tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 20 2012, 08:25 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:33 PM