2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Cheap Guitar, For my 7 year old
Gus
Nov 9 2008, 01:26 AM
GMC:er
You just reminded me of what happened to me on the guitar shop another day. I was playing in a closed sound proof room and a mom and a kid asked to see me playing from the inside.
I started playing sultans of swing and I could see how much interested he was. biggrin.gif

If electric guitar is what catch him, just give it instead of acoustic. But be sure to watch out for volumes. Kids' ears are much more sensible than ours and even us adults exaggerate on volumes sometimes.. . wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Nov 9 2008, 01:33 AM
I actually went to some pawn shops today and saw this guitar in there for $250

Im probably gonna try to talk them down some and get him this one...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=516687

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 9 2008, 10:30 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Dejan Farkas @ Oct 22 2008, 09:40 AM) *
I suggest nylon strings for beginners, especially children.. steel strings may harm their fingers smile.gif

I'd also say start with acoustic, just like Dejan. Electric is easier, but it's better to start with a harder to play guitar and go easier and easier, that the other way around!

Also, electric guitars are often more expensive, and with kids, it's possible he plays it for two weeks and then stops, you never know! Also, try getting a scaled guitar!

EDIT: don't you think $250 is quit a lot for a first guitar?

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Nov 9 2008, 10:31 AM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Nov 9 2008, 11:07 AM
I bought a guitar for my little brother for his birthday it's an ESP LTD something biggrin.gif The price was acceptable for a first guitar 299 euros would be close to 500 dollars. Gus is right tough i gave my brother an electric guitar because he always wanted to make noise with my squier with my amp on full distortion laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ChrisVdS: Nov 9 2008, 11:12 AM

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:25 AM