My Band Homepage & How To Promote It ?, Introduction of my band homepage
Frankster
Nov 5 2013, 05:49 PM
GMC:er
Hello everybody!

I don´t know if this is the right place but I want to introduce you my band homepage biggrin.gif
It is a selfmade homepage, and I am so proud that after months of work, the homepage is finally online cool.gif

The homepage is in german, because we are from Austria, but there isnt only text, there are also pictures, videos and music.

And my question to you is (especially to the german and austrian guys here in the forum).
How to promote a site, and which other sites are importent to register my site there ?

www.rewind-band.at

What do you think ?

Thanks
Frankster

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Frankster: Nov 5 2013, 05:50 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 5 2013, 06:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
From what I can gather from my friend's band who are started to take off, it's just about spamming the link everywhere. More or less anyway. Be active on Facebook, on forums. Spread the word about yourself.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Nov 5 2013, 06:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
The site looks good!

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 5 2013, 07:53 PM
Instructor
Yes, the site does look good - well done !

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 5 2013, 06:27 PM) *
From what I can gather from my friend's band who are started to take off, it's just about spamming the link everywhere. More or less anyway. Be active on Facebook, on forums. Spread the word about yourself.

That's it, really... use social media and Youtube as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 5 2013, 11:27 PM
This is a complex subject but you're in luck!!! smile.gif I"ve started a thread to discuss various parts of promoting your music. I'd suggest reading the entire thread. It's packed with great suggestions smile.gif Social Media really is the key!!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=36421

Todd

QUOTE (Frankster @ Nov 5 2013, 12:49 PM) *
Hello everybody!

I don´t know if this is the right place but I want to introduce you my band homepage biggrin.gif
It is a selfmade homepage, and I am so proud that after months of work, the homepage is finally online cool.gif

The homepage is in german, because we are from Austria, but there isnt only text, there are also pictures, videos and music.

And my question to you is (especially to the german and austrian guys here in the forum).
How to promote a site, and which other sites are importent to register my site there ?

www.rewind-band.at

What do you think ?

Thanks
Frankster

+Quote Post
Frankster
Nov 6 2013, 05:17 PM
Hi!

Many Thanks for the tipps and for the nice comments smile.gif

@Todd
Thanks for the link. I will read the thread

Frankster

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 6 2013, 08:40 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
There's also this wiki entry with lots of info gathered from our dear Todd posts:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde..._And_Your_Music

Good luck!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 7 2013, 02:02 PM
Instructor
Hey mate - the GMC Wiki is really helpful and you can get a ton of info from there but one suggestion would be to make an english version of the site as well, as you will aim to have fans in other countries as well - how would they know things about you?

+Quote Post
Frankster
Nov 8 2013, 08:27 AM
QUOTE (Fran @ Nov 6 2013, 08:40 PM) *
There's also this wiki entry with lots of info gathered from our dear Todd posts:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde..._And_Your_Music

Good luck!

Hi!

After reading the whole therd I´ve seen that you put it into WIKI laugh.gif

Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 7 2013, 02:02 PM) *
Hey mate - the GMC Wiki is really helpful and you can get a ton of info from there but one suggestion would be to make an english version of the site as well, as you will aim to have fans in other countries as well - how would they know things about you?

Thats a good tip.

Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Frankster
Nov 9 2013, 06:01 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 7 2013, 02:02 PM) *

Hi!

So the page is now in english to

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 9 2013, 07:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Maybe you could also start a twitter if you haven't already, get your link out, get people to follow you, try following some big stars, maybe they'll follow you back and in the end you'll end up with lots of followers.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 9 2013, 10:16 PM
TWITTER is part of the landscape these days so good call there! Go join TWITTER if you have not already and maybe use your band name on the account if possible.

It can seem like a BURDEN to have to post constantly to all this social media. One way to make it more simple is to use something called HOOTSUITE.com which is a free service. You set it up and then you can go there and make one post that goes to one or all of your social media outlets and you can schedule posts. So you can make several posts at once and schedule them to go out later on. Some folks LOVE posting constantly, some folks HATE it. So you gotta find what works for you smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 9 2013, 01:25 PM) *
Maybe you could also start a twitter if you haven't already, get your link out, get people to follow you, try following some big stars, maybe they'll follow you back and in the end you'll end up with lots of followers.

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Nov 10 2013, 12:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yes, it looks very nice! In my experience, driving traffic to a website is harder than driving traffic to a Facebook or SoundCloud page, but in the long run, there are so many advantages of a website! I'd start by putting your website in your signature here at GMC, because a lot of people will click it. biggrin.gif One last thing I'd suggest is you put a buy or download link in a really obvious location on your website, because if someone is visting your website, chances are they are already interested in your music and may possibly buy it.

I like your music, gave you a like on Facebook! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Taka Perry: Nov 10 2013, 12:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frankster
Nov 10 2013, 10:32 AM
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Nov 10 2013, 12:11 AM) *
I'd start by putting your website in your signature here at GMC, because a lot of people will click it. biggrin.gif One last thing I'd suggest is you put a buy or download link in a really obvious location on your website, because if someone is visting your website, chances are they are already interested in your music and may possibly buy it.

I like your music, gave you a like on Facebook! smile.gif

Hi!

Many thanks smile.gif

Signature is now uptodate cool.gif

This post has been edited by Frankster: Nov 10 2013, 10:32 AM

+Quote Post
Frankster
Nov 10 2013, 12:01 PM
My ReverbNation site is online:

Take a look REWIND (ReverbNation)

This post has been edited by Frankster: Nov 10 2013, 12:01 PM

+Quote Post
korblitz
Nov 10 2013, 01:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think it would be wise to change the font. The layout looks amazing.

There's duplicates on the contact page.
I can't seem to find the error page for 404.

Where it says Next gigs....don't leave it blank...maybe leave a funny message.

Pour some soul on the news section. It seems like redundant to write: Photo shoot and then as the summary: "our first photo shoot"

Fotoshooting doesn't not exist..it's Photo Shoot

And after all this...Hey, your site rocks.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 10 2013, 02:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (korblitz @ Nov 10 2013, 12:52 PM) *

Pour some soul on the news section. It seems like redundant to write: Photo shoot and then as the summary: "our first photo shoot"

Korblitz is right wink.gif If you have sections that are not ready yet, place some 'In construction, stay tuned for awesome news soon!' sort of post when people will access that certain page.

+Quote Post
Frankster
Nov 11 2013, 06:17 PM
QUOTE (korblitz @ Nov 10 2013, 01:52 PM) *

@CONTACT
The duplicated contacts was a bug unsure.gif
I fixed it

@404
I dont have one at the Moment

@GIGS
Now there is a message

@News
Yes....
Thats a good Point

Many Many Thanks for your posting
Frankster

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:02 AM