10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Outlaw2112
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 05:46 AM
GMC:er
Hey monte,

Im happy to be apart of your group...

Outlaw2112 - my name is John, im 40 years old

I live in northern virginia about 10 minutes from Washington DC.. I have a 7 year old son who I have every other weekend so when i have him i dont get to play much..

I started playing when i was 15 and played on and off til i was about 24 then i quit til i was 39... I found GMC and have been playing as much as possible every night... I have very limited theory knowledge, basically i know a few scales and thats all the theory i know.. I feel most comfortable with the dorian and pentatonic blues scale...

1-What is your level of theory knowledge? very minimal

Do you know your diatonic and pentatonic boxes? some of them... I know the dorian and pentatonic blues well, seems like my fingers will go to these without me thinking

Do you know your triads? I dont even know what a triad is

2-Do you know how to count rhythms along with a metronome? mostly, i have problems with 3 notes per beat

Do you practice with a metronome? No, i have one but i rarely use it... I use guitarpro for most of my actual practicing

3-If you could play any lesson on GMC what would it be? probably pavels speed picking lesson at the same speed as he does it

4-Give me a brief introduction about yourself and what you are hoping to get out of this MTP program. I hoping to finally learn some theory and learn as much as i can.. Im very dedicated, i just need some guidance

thanks for having me in your group

John

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 1 2009, 05:52 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Welcome aboard John!! Good to have another 80's dude. \m/\m/ smile.gif

1-What is your level of theory knowledge? very minimal

We are gonna fix that!! smile.gif

2-Do you know how to count rhythms along with a metronome? mostly, i have problems with 3 notes per beat
Do you practice with a metronome? No, i have one but i rarely use it... I use guitarpro for most of my actual practicing

....and that...You are gonna learn to LOVE the KAZ-BOX!!! laugh.gif

4-Give me a brief introduction about yourself and what you are hoping to get out of this MTP program. I hoping to finally learn some theory and learn as much as i can.. Im very dedicated, i just need some guidance

thanks for having me in your group

John

I'll work as hard or as little as you want me to my man...totally up to you smile.gif smile.gif

Welcome aboard and LET'S ROCK!! \m/\m/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Mar 1 2009, 06:00 AM

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 05:55 AM
cool.... biggrin.gif do you want me to post a video of my playing something? Im trying to figure out this webcam thing now

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 1 2009, 06:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 1 2009, 05:55 AM) *
cool.... biggrin.gif do you want me to post a video of my playing something? Im trying to figure out this webcam thing now

Yeah post a vid of your playing if you would. Whatever you want to post would be fine but I would prefer to see your take on Muris's Neoclassical Extreme, maybe even with a little "boost"!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Looks like you found the main thread OK. Go ahead and catch up and then let me know what you would like to start working on individually....Tapping, legato, picking, sweeping.......We'll start wherever you want. Just make sure you keep up with the group assignments if you would. I want everybody on the same page as far as theory.

Go ahead and get some extra batteries for you KAZ-BOX as well!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Welcome aboard dude!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 06:15 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 1 2009, 06:05 AM) *
Yeah post a vid of your playing if you would. Whatever you want to post would be fine but I would prefer to see your take on Muris's Neoclassical Extreme, maybe even with a little "boost"!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Looks like you found the main thread OK. Go ahead and catch up and then let me know what you would like to start working on individually....Tapping, legato, picking, sweeping.......We'll start wherever you want. Just make sure you keep up with the group assignments if you would. I want everybody on the same page as far as theory.

Go ahead and get some extra batteries for you KAZ-BOX as well!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Welcome aboard dude!! smile.gif

ok... ill post something tomorrow if i can figure this thing out.

Looks like im gonna have to renew my subscription now... and get a new guitarpro program...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 07:00 AM
Im glad to be on your mtp team... Ill do everything i can to not let you down.. Although ill tell you this theory thing gives me alot of trouble... Its been soo long since ive tried to learn anything that it seems hard to grasp this stuff...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 1 2009, 09:51 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Welcome in our group Outlaw2112, great to have another metalhead in it smile.gif We will rock one day! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 1 2009, 11:57 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 1 2009, 07:00 AM) *
Im glad to be on your mtp team... Ill do everything i can to not let you down.. Although ill tell you this theory thing gives me alot of trouble... Its been soo long since ive tried to learn anything that it seems hard to grasp this stuff...

Don't worry about the theory stuff John. I'll MAKE you understand it...just ask Jer!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

So John, as far as your individual assignments I need to know what you want to work on first so you are gonna have to give me some feedback. If you are wanting to improve your lead playing, maybe we could start there and work on your technique while at the same time working on your timing.

I could give you some excercises to work on say your AP, tapping, legato etc,. and at the same time you could work on your KAZ-BOX skills so you don't have problems with playing the different note groupings, like triplets and 16ths etc.. in time with the KAZ-BOX.

BTW, if you don't know what the KAZ-BOX is I suggest you read Jer and Kaznie's threads. That will bring you up to speed on this. laugh.gif

Working on your technique and timing skills with the KAZ-BOX is great fun....just ask Opeth.db!! biggrin.gif

Let me know what kind of stuff you want to start working on and we'll go from there. wink.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Mar 1 2009, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 1 2009, 03:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome John. smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 05:09 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 1 2009, 11:57 AM) *
Don't worry about the theory stuff John. I'll MAKE you understand it...just ask Jer!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

So John, as far as your individual assignments I need to know what you want to work on first so you are gonna have to give me some feedback. If you are wanting to improve your lead playing, maybe we could start there and work on your technique while at the same time working on your timing.

I could use some help with my sweeps and pulloffs... my hammerons, picking and tapping are fine at the moment.

what would you like me to make a video of?

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 1 2009, 05:14 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Could you post a video of you doing some lead doing as many different techniques as possible. Maybe a GMC lesson you are working on.

Did you download the tab with the Diatonic and pentatonic scales as well as the triads?

If we are gonna work on your pull off and sweeps we are gonna kill two birds with one stone and learn some scales and triads at the same time.

What problems specifically are you having with your pull-offs and sweeps? Definitely would like a video of you doing some sweeps and pull-offs so I can see what is going on.

Are you on skype? If so add me my callsign is "montestevens".

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 05:21 PM
just added you on skype

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 1 2009, 06:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 1 2009, 05:21 PM) *
just added you on skype

Good talking to you John. Here is what you need to do. You already know your diatonic box shapes. If you don't know your pentatonic box shapes you need to learn those from the tab in the main thread. Need to learn your triads as well. With the diatonic box shapes the scale I am using is A Ionian/Major, B Dorian for you way of thinking. I want you to play through those shapes, you should already know them, and associate the shapes you already know as the Dorian scale with the names I have given each of the boxes. This is should be easy for you. I want you to know the names so that when I refer to the Ionian or Lydian box shape you know what I am talking about. Your fingers know the shapes, now your brain needs to learn the names. Get to work dude!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 07:01 PM
im starting asap... just had an emergency, my son left his nintendo ds in my car and was begging me to bring it to him.. I set aside the whole day to practice and catch up on your lessons, ill get to them when i return in a few hours..

It was nice chatting with you, and i added you on facebook, but i never really go on there my girlfriend set it up for me...

also got your triads and pentatonic shapes gp file loaded... the scale shapes are no problem, might take me a day or so with the triads to get them sounding smooth

thanks monte

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 1 2009, 07:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 1 2009, 07:01 PM) *
im starting asap... just had an emergency, my son left his nintendo ds in my car and was begging me to bring it to him.. I set aside the whole day to practice and catch up on your lessons, ill get to them when i return in a few hours..

It was nice chatting with you, and i added you on facebook, but i never really go on there my girlfriend set it up for me...

also got your triads and pentatonic shapes gp file loaded... the scale shapes are no problem, might take me a day or so with the triads to get them sounding smooth

thanks monte

Awesome John!! Just make sure you associate the shapes you already know in the Dorian scale with the names I have given them in GP file. Will make it much easier to communicate. smile.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 1 2009, 09:19 PM
Hey Outlaw!!!!!

Nice to see you here man.

Yeah, funny how this group is turning out.

We'll show these whippersnappers a thing or two!!!!!

FYI - I'm metaljer on skype if you want to add me too. I see a future of us all helping each other out.

Except Dan... (opeth.db) he's beyond help.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 09:51 PM
thanks for the welcome everyone... and jer ill add you to my skype now

I just got back from the nintendo ds dropoff... my 7 year made it sound like it was an emergency because he needs it to walk his dogs in some game he has for it.. lol

Im gonna try to get this webcam thing figured out now... seems like i move in slow motion when recording something

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 1 2009, 10:28 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (jer @ Mar 1 2009, 03:19 PM) *
Except Dan... (opeth.db) he's beyond help.

So true. Im beauled on skype if you want no help.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 10:30 PM
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 1 2009, 10:28 PM) *
So true. Im beauled on skype if you want no help.

cool i added you

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 1 2009, 11:04 PM
this webcam is taking my whole day... I cant get this thing to sound good... I can use my pod as a mic but there is a noise in the background... anyone have any tips?

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:34 AM