Mechanical Dreams
The Uncreator
Sep 11 2008, 04:42 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ok, I was so amazed at how much the last version of this sucked, I completely redid most of it. Better drums (albeit still meh) and better structure, the song only has 2 tempos now, And its nice cause the first half is 130, and the last half is 180, So it wasnt that hard to record. Hope you enjoy, This im sure, Is the final version ill do.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  03_Mechanical_Dreams.wma ( 5.28MB ) Number of downloads: 203

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smurkas
Sep 11 2008, 09:19 PM
GMC:er
Umm I might have gone deaf but I hear no snare from the drums. Is the snare missing or did you put it way low? Oh wait now when I listened again I heard it. You seriously need to raise the volume of the snare, it should be at least as loud as the kick drum. The snare and the kick drum are your driving force without one of them it sounds like the sound is standing still when it should be running forward.

Otherwise good work. I would go for panned rhythm guitars for the solo that starts at about 4:30, that way they won't interfere as much with the solo guitar.

/Marcus.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 11 2008, 09:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice, I like the tone on the solos and specially the relaxed first half, soothing melodies in there, followed by crazy riffing soon after. Good job!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 11 2008, 10:05 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
The snare always gets lost, I dont know why, I always end up going back and doing that. As for the guitars, they are panned left and right. The mixing might be off cause im temporarily deaf in one ear (long story) and its hard for me to reallyy hear it through headphones (I cant really). So all the little stuff like that will be fixed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:20 PM