Tablature Question, Symphony of Destruction
Mike RR24
Jul 20 2011, 02:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Ben,

I've been utilizing http://www.songsterr.com to play some of my tabs and in bar 83 of symphony of destruction they are showing like a musical bar underneath the tab with a 3 under some notes twice. I thought a trill was 2 notes ? Is this called a triplett and if so how do I execute this ? This is the area I am struggling with.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Michael Connell - Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico

Gear: Jackson Pro RR24.
Ibanez XPT700.
Mexican Fender Strat 2008 Model.
Marshall MA 100 Watt Head w/Crate Blackheart slanted cab 300 Watts.
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal.
THD Hotplate 16 Ohms.
BOSS BR-1600CD Home Studio
DigiTech GSP1101 Guitar Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech Control2 Remote Foot Controller
TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
Switch-3 Pedal for VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Ben Higgins
Jul 20 2011, 02:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Mike, those bars indicate note groupings so a bar with a 3 written next to it indicates that the notes are to be treated as triplets, because they are grouped together in 3's. Note how the preceding notes of that lick are joined together in groups of 4. smile.gif

I personally wouldn't have written the tab like that because it sounds slightly different in my head.. but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would personally treat that second group of triplets as 3 16th notes with the last note hanging with vibrato.

Ignoring the note groupings for a second, all that lick is is a quick hammer on/pull off type lick. The pull off from the 17th to the 14th, hammering on 17th, pulling off to 14th is the quickest bit of the lick whilst the concluding 3 notes I would treat as straight 16th notes.. 1-2-3 (vibrato on the 3rd note)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 20 2011, 02:58 PM

+Quote Post
Mike RR24
Jul 20 2011, 03:52 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 20 2011, 01:55 PM) *
Hi Mike, those bars indicate note groupings so a bar with a 3 written next to it indicates that the notes are to be treated as triplets, because they are grouped together in 3's. Note how the preceding notes of that lick are joined together in groups of 4. smile.gif

I personally wouldn't have written the tab like that because it sounds slightly different in my head.. but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would personally treat that second group of triplets as 3 16th notes with the last note hanging with vibrato.

Ignoring the note groupings for a second, all that lick is is a quick hammer on/pull off type lick. The pull off from the 17th to the 14th, hammering on 17th, pulling off to 14th is the quickest bit of the lick whilst the concluding 3 notes I would treat as straight 16th notes.. 1-2-3 (vibrato on the 3rd note)

Thanks so much Ben. I can't wait to get home from work to try it. smile.gif-

I appreciate it.

--------------------
Michael Connell - Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico

Gear: Jackson Pro RR24.
Ibanez XPT700.
Mexican Fender Strat 2008 Model.
Marshall MA 100 Watt Head w/Crate Blackheart slanted cab 300 Watts.
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal.
THD Hotplate 16 Ohms.
BOSS BR-1600CD Home Studio
DigiTech GSP1101 Guitar Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech Control2 Remote Foot Controller
TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
Switch-3 Pedal for VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:33 PM