Guitar Kit
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 18 2009, 04:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
After reading Andrew's topic about building an amp,

I have looked around to find some guitar building kits.

I have found a site named Torres guitar. I would really like to craft my own guitar. Here is the website http://www.torresengineering.com/famguitkit.html

I really like the Les Paul Zakk Wylde type and the PRS with the Lawrence pickups.

What do you think about this do you think it is worth it???? It doesn't look to expensive.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 18 2009, 04:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Oct 18 2009, 05:15 PM) *
After reading Andrew's topic about building an amp,

I have looked around to find some guitar building kits.

I have found a site named Torres guitar. I would really like to craft my own guitar. Here is the website http://www.torresengineering.com/famguitkit.html

I really like the Les Paul Zakk Wylde type and the PRS with the Lawrence pickups.

What do you think about this do you think it is worth it???? It doesn't look to expensive.

Saga's kits are OK, for it's price, I played some strats for many years ago, but if You want to go for top-notch stuff, check out Warmoth, www.warmoth.com
Funny, I was browsing their site also earlier today looking at their amp kits....

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 18 2009, 05:00 PM
GMC:er
I agree with Staffay. Those Saga kits are ok, but you would be a lot better off spending a little more at Warmoth.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 18 2009, 05:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Warmoth, are way more expensive tho but you can customize them easier. The price on the saga guitars were there best arguments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Oct 18 2009, 05:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
You can check Allpart.com as well. Can't say anything about the quality. I only know the address. tongue.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 18 2009, 05:52 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Oct 18 2009, 05:15 PM) *

These looks much like the Saga kits. What I've heard people say it sound better than they expected. Question is what they expected from buying a low cost kit.

Sounds like fun at least smile.gif

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 18 2009, 06:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 18 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Sounds like fun at least smile.gif

+1

At that price you don't have to much to lose. And if you lose, I think that by applying a nice paint job it is going to make a great wall decoration

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 19 2009, 12:36 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Price is pretty cool and you will have fun assembling it! smile.gif I guess its worth for that + if it sounds good even better smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 19 2009, 04:20 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Oct 18 2009, 06:23 PM) *
+1

At that price you don't have to much to lose. And if you lose, I think that by applying a nice paint job it is going to make a great wall decoration

That's the best way to look at it!!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Oct 19 2009, 07:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I really like those Carvin kits. From what I have read online, at least you are left with a guitar that is fairly nice quality. The Saga kits seem to be fairly poor quality guitars.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 19 2009, 08:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Carvin kits looks cool also, I didn't know about them.. The thing i like with the Saga kit on Torres guitar, was all the pick ups upgrade that were available. I'll continue to look at those kits, I don't want to pay to much for a guitar kit, I am not a good builder and don't have plenty of money. It is more for the kick of making my own guitar with my own paint job on it. If it sounds good then its a + but I don't plan on replacing my Strat for a guitar made in a kit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 19 2009, 08:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Oct 18 2009, 06:47 PM) *
You can check Allpart.com as well. Can't say anything about the quality. I only know the address. tongue.gif

Allparts is good stuff, not as good as Warmoth, but those I played is definitely better than Saga's kits....

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:40 PM