2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ben's Guitar Column Interview
mroberts70
Dec 5 2012, 06:58 PM
GMC:er
For anyone besides me who hasn't seen Ben's interview at The Guitar Column, it's worth a read. I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, Ben is one of the most well rounded dudes I've ever met... as well as a fantastic guitarist (well DUH!). dry.gif

Ben has one of the best outlooks on basically life in general from anyone that comes to mind, and I personally am always glad to take any piece of advice that he gives as it is always well thought out and helpful even beyond the guitar.

Sorry to put you on the spot like that, but I thought it worth while sir, you deserve the credit.

Actually all the guys here at GMC do an awesome job for us, but I've aggrivated Ben most of all so I thought I'd share this...

Ben's Interview at The Guitar Column

http://www.theguitarcolumn.com/2012/03/ben...erclassnet.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 5 2012, 07:10 PM
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Dec 5 2012, 06:58 PM) *
For anyone besides me who hasn't seen Ben's interview at The Guitar Column, it's worth a read. I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, Ben is one of the most well rounded dudes I've ever met... as well as a fantastic guitarist (well DUH!). dry.gif

Yeah, that's because Ben's ONE OF US as opposed to other so-called guitar "heroes"...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 5 2012, 07:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I couldn't agree more.

I'd also add Cosmin to the list of the well rounded dudes which a great outlook on life in general. Pretty sure this is true for the other instructors as well though, but Ben and Cosmin are the ones who share most of the sometimes philosophical stuff.

It's really cool to see Gabriel and Cosmin on a way to success with their bands and I wish Ben all the best that the same happens to The Reckoning. And seriously, this 30 shredders thingy should get you some more attention from people outside of GMC.I really think you deserve a spot in a huge international guitar magazine with this, at least for an interview.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Dec 5 2012, 07:40 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 5 2012, 06:13 PM) *
I couldn't agree more.

I'd also add Cosmin to the list of the well rounded dudes which a great outlook on life in general. Pretty sure this is true for the other instructors as well though, but Ben and Cosmin are the ones who share most of the sometimes philosophical stuff.

It's really cool to see Gabriel and Cosmin on a way to success with their bands and I wish Ben all the best that the same happens to The Reckoning. And seriously, this 30 shredders thingy should get you some more attention from people outside of GMC.I really think you deserve a spot in a huge international guitar magazine with this, at least for an interview.

YES, I couldn't agree more. Trust me, I had Cosmin in mind when I did this as well as a bunch of the other guys but it's just that I have personally aggrivated Ben the most. biggrin.gif

Cosmin has an absolutely fantastic introductory video which I have already expressed that opinion to him as well. His video would be my pick for a commercial if you will of how you could learn at GMC. My list is long though, Gab, Kris, Todd, Alex, Bogdan, Mate & Dennes (love those guys), Sinisa, Max.... I could go on, but basically it would be the entire line up of which at that point I could just provide a link to the instructor page. Every one of these guys I've ever interracted with has been the greatest experience.

Kristopher, really needs the props for all of this. He is the man with the vision who works tiresly to make this the absolute best guitar learning community in the world. Thanks KRIS!!! wink.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 5 2012, 08:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
also, Ben has great hair.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 5 2012, 08:48 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (bleez @ Dec 5 2012, 08:27 PM) *
also, Ben has great hair.

and a pink cup!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 5 2012, 08:49 PM
Instructor
Guys, what have I done to deserve all this attention ? If I were a lady you'd make me blush !! wub.gif

Thanks for the comments though.. I was unsure how much money to offer but I must have got the amount just right ! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 5 2012, 08:49 PM

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Dec 5 2012, 08:54 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 5 2012, 07:49 PM) *
Guys, what have I done to deserve all this attention ? If I were a lady you'd make me blush !! wub.gif

Thanks for the comments though.. I was unsure how much money to offer but I must have got the amount just right ! smile.gif

Indeed and make sure those are unmarked bills please....

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Dec 5 2012, 09:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Definitely well deserved! Ben is such a cool guy!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 5 2012, 09:12 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Imagine what would have happened if you had given us a little more...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 5 2012, 09:36 PM
Instructor
I can't agree more with this posts guys! Ben is an amazing person and musician. I always enjoy his philosophical threads and quotes as well as all the stuff that Cosmin shares here at the site. I was introduced into Zen culture and read about it thanks to Ben. smile.gif
I find all that stuff very motivating and inspirational. Thanks Ben and Cosmin for sharing all this amazing knowledge and experiences. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 5 2012, 09:47 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
And the best thing is: to proove that they are just regular lunatics like the rest of us they sometimes post weird stuff as well.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Dec 5 2012, 09:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
Couldnt agree more with all this! Everyones said it all above!
Ben's always there with the right advice, attitude, outlook ect.. Along with all the other Guys here at GMC. Always good for inspiration on your own journey! Its nice see your out there getting some publicity and recognition in the world!

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Dec 5 2012, 09:52 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 5 2012, 10:30 PM
Instructor
Mates!! Thank you for the love! biggrin.gif I raise a glass to you ALL, both students and my brothers in arms - Ben, Gabe, Kris, Bogdan, Todd, Sinisa and Alex for being a jolly good crew and always making me feel at home here. Max, Andre, Javier and Fayeed - looking forward to getting to know you guys better as well!

And of course, congrats to Ben! This man deserves the right recognition for being the great guy and player that he is! And since it's confession time, I would feel really sorry if I wouldn't get to meet Ben in person in this life and it's a thing I will try to do in the near future, so UK, get ready for me! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Dec 5 2012, 10:35 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 5 2012, 11:32 PM
It's a really great article! If you guys have not seen it, it's well worth a read!

(Shameless Plug Alert)
And I was really happy to find out they were up for letting me blather on about Guitar and such smile.gif

Todd's Guitar Column Interview

http://www.theguitarcolumn.com/2012/03/tec...impson.htmlTodd

I hope more of our instructors do interviews on the column. It's well written and the guy is a HUGE guitar fan and support.

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 5 2012, 02:49 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 5 2012, 11:32 PM

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Dec 6 2012, 02:24 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 5 2012, 10:32 PM) *
It's a really great article! If you guys have not seen it, it's well worth a read!

(Shameless Plug Alert)
And I was really happy to find out they were up for letting me blather on about Guitar and such smile.gif

Todd's Guitar Column Interview

http://www.theguitarcolumn.com/2012/03/tec...impson.htmlTodd

I hope more of our instructors do interviews on the column. It's well written and the guy is a HUGE guitar fan and support.

Todd

I actually read your interview as well Todd. You guys all put a lot into helping us out and I for one can say that when I joined I really just expected this to be something where we would watch some videos and any questions that we had would just be referred to some Q&A board where a similar question had been ask before with a generic answer meant for all to use. Never did I expect what I got which was a whole staff of actual musicians who really show that the care about each of us here and tailor answers directly to us.

Like I said guys, I pick on Ben the most which is why I threw him in the spot light, but all of you guys are awesome! Beyond Ben, I've chatted with you, Cosmin, Gab and Bogdan a bit and you guys have all been great and treated me like you've known me for years.

I don't think some really understand how awesome this is if they have never tried out some of the other sites where you don't get that feeling like you are part of the community.

I don't want to forget to mention all of my fellow students that I've chatted with are completely awesome as well. I see no barriers here based on where you are from, everyone just treats you like a brother or sister.

Slavenko was correct in saying the instructors are just one of us.... paraphrasing of course. smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 6 2012, 08:23 AM
Instructor
No worries mate smile.gif We are one big family and we'll keep it that way!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 6 2012, 11:26 AM
Instructor
This is an awesome thread. Thanks again guys.. I know I've said it before but my life is definitely better for knowing you all ! smile.gif

And.... wooooh.. 10,000 posts and it's on this thread !!!! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Dec 6 2012, 11:27 AM

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Dec 6 2012, 11:27 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 6 2012, 11:26 AM) *
This is an awesome thread. Thanks again guys.. I know I've said it before but my life is definitely better for knowing you all ! smile.gif

And.... wooooh.. 10,000 posts and it's on this thread !!!! biggrin.gif

Was just gonna mention that this was your 10'000th post.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 6 2012, 11:53 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yeah, congrats Ben and Cosmin for breaking the 10000 barrier!
With a little help of food-related threads biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:55 AM