> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Yash's Learning Corner, for Gab's Army
Yash
Aug 1 2012, 10:35 AM
GMC:er
How did you come up with this smile.gif I would love to know the theory and reasoning behind it smile.gif I'll try to form something smile.gif

ohmy.gif And another question tongue.gif Are the F and C chords major ? Or can I use minor arpeggios too ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Yash: Aug 1 2012, 10:37 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2012, 04:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Aug 1 2012, 06:35 AM) *
How did you come up with this smile.gif I would love to know the theory and reasoning behind it smile.gif I'll try to form something smile.gif

ohmy.gif And another question tongue.gif Are the F and C chords major ? Or can I use minor arpeggios too ?

You have to play major arpeggios if the chords are major. To learn how to do this, you have to start studying music theory and harmony, as well as you have to train your ear. You can use some GMC stuff and also some theory books.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 1 2012, 05:11 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 1 2012, 09:06 PM) *
You have to play major arpeggios if the chords are major. To learn how to do this, you have to start studying music theory and harmony, as well as you have to train your ear. You can use some GMC stuff and also some theory books.

I have started studying theory and ear training and some harmony at the V-chats smile.gif And a bit other time too smile.gif

And the C and F chords in the progression are major or minor ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2012, 05:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Aug 1 2012, 01:11 PM) *
I have started studying theory and ear training and some harmony at the V-chats smile.gif And a bit other time too smile.gif

And the C and F chords in the progression are major or minor ?

both are Major chords.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 1 2012, 05:16 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 1 2012, 09:44 PM) *
both are Major chords.

OK Thanks smile.gif I'll come up with something and let you hear wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2012, 05:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Aug 1 2012, 01:16 PM) *
OK Thanks smile.gif I'll come up with something and let you hear wink.gif

Great. I'll wait for it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 15 2013, 08:53 PM
Hey gab... I am back biggrin.gif So, let's start out on lead guitar. I don't know if I can film myself or record. I'll try. Let's see. So, what do we have here ? I need to learn lead guitar wink.gif Help me man !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2013, 03:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 15 2013, 04:53 PM) *
Hey gab... I am back biggrin.gif So, let's start out on lead guitar. I don't know if I can film myself or record. I'll try. Let's see. So, what do we have here ? I need to learn lead guitar wink.gif Help me man !!!

Hi & welcome back friend! Nice to know that we will start working again! Could you please update me about the last lessons that you mastered and what things are you currently working? Please also review all our historial here, to be sure that you already have that background adjusted.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 16 2013, 07:04 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 16 2013, 06:56 AM) *
Hi & welcome back friend! Nice to know that we will start working again! Could you please update me about the last lessons that you mastered and what things are you currently working? Please also review all our historial here, to be sure that you already have that background adjusted.

OK. I'll go through the thread and do all the lessons again fast. I guess my rhythm guitar skills have improved, but lead guitar is taking slow to get to what I want to sound like.

I am currently working on songs, mostly Bullet For My Valentine. But a few other's thrown in.
- Tears Don't Fall - Rhythm parts 90% done, need to learn the main 2 solos
- Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow - I suck at playing it well, but, I just play and jam along. Interestingly, I can play its solo to an extent
- Avenged Sevenfold - I Won't See You Tonight Part 1 - I need to learn the solo. I have the guitar pro, but, I need to focus on getting the vibratos, bends and the note sequences right on. So, this would probably be a good point to start
- Nothing Else Matters - I've learnt the solo and I guess I can play it. But not too confident because I screw up sometimes. I also need to learn James Hetfield's parts that he plays live and sing along with it
- 4 Words To Choke Upon - I can play the intro to the song well, the rhythms (Matt Tuck, their vocalist) are not too tough either, just need to get the solo under my fingers.

And that is probably it for the time being. I still work on Symphony of Destruction and Countdown to Extinction sometimes, and also In My Darkest Hour, but these 3 songs have taken the back seat because I can't figure out Dave Mustaine's solo in Symphony's demo version, I can play Countdown to Extinction with almost 100% accuracy, and In My Darkest Hour is tough and a bit fast for me at the time.

So, let's GO !! Thanks Gab. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2013, 05:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 16 2013, 03:04 AM) *
OK. I'll go through the thread and do all the lessons again fast. I guess my rhythm guitar skills have improved, but lead guitar is taking slow to get to what I want to sound like.

I am currently working on songs, mostly Bullet For My Valentine. But a few other's thrown in.
- Tears Don't Fall - Rhythm parts 90% done, need to learn the main 2 solos
- Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow - I suck at playing it well, but, I just play and jam along. Interestingly, I can play its solo to an extent
- Avenged Sevenfold - I Won't See You Tonight Part 1 - I need to learn the solo. I have the guitar pro, but, I need to focus on getting the vibratos, bends and the note sequences right on. So, this would probably be a good point to start
- Nothing Else Matters - I've learnt the solo and I guess I can play it. But not too confident because I screw up sometimes. I also need to learn James Hetfield's parts that he plays live and sing along with it
- 4 Words To Choke Upon - I can play the intro to the song well, the rhythms (Matt Tuck, their vocalist) are not too tough either, just need to get the solo under my fingers.

And that is probably it for the time being. I still work on Symphony of Destruction and Countdown to Extinction sometimes, and also In My Darkest Hour, but these 3 songs have taken the back seat because I can't figure out Dave Mustaine's solo in Symphony's demo version, I can play Countdown to Extinction with almost 100% accuracy, and In My Darkest Hour is tough and a bit fast for me at the time.

So, let's GO !! Thanks Gab. biggrin.gif

That's a lot of stuff! You have to be patient, and very organized. Please review everything and be back with an update of your progress. Today I'll be doing a Vchat, if you can stream you can show me your progress.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 18 2013, 06:52 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 17 2013, 08:54 AM) *
That's a lot of stuff! You have to be patient, and very organized. Please review everything and be back with an update of your progress. Today I'll be doing a Vchat, if you can stream you can show me your progress.

Sorry, couldn't be at the V-chat. And, OK. I'll review the stuff, and I'll try showing it to you during the next V-chat and stream. Hopefully, the sound will be fine smile.gif See ya at the V-chat Gab smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2013, 07:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 18 2013, 02:52 PM) *
Sorry, couldn't be at the V-chat. And, OK. I'll review the stuff, and I'll try showing it to you during the next V-chat and stream. Hopefully, the sound will be fine smile.gif See ya at the V-chat Gab smile.gif

Ok mate! Remember that it will be the next Wednesday! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 23 2014, 05:51 PM
Hey Gab. Back again. I really wish I could focus more on my guitar playing. But, roommates. Anyways. Exams over. Guitar time. The song that inspired me today was this Judas Priest classic

So, what do I need to do now ? Metronome ?

And, my goals include - Doing In My Darkest Hour, Fade To Black and Tears Don't Fall.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 24 2014, 01:15 PM
Instructor
Beautiful heavy metal song! If you love metal, this video is a great inspiration. I've just waken up and this is the first song I hear, thanks friend. smile.gif

Regarding your guitar practice. Here we go with two questions:

How many hours a day can you practice?
How are you planning to learn those songs? By ear? Youtube video or have the sheet music?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 24 2014, 08:59 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 24 2014, 04:15 PM) *
Beautiful heavy metal song! If you love metal, this video is a great inspiration. I've just waken up and this is the first song I hear, thanks friend. smile.gif

Regarding your guitar practice. Here we go with two questions:

How many hours a day can you practice?
How are you planning to learn those songs? By ear? Youtube video or have the sheet music?

hey Gab. And, you're welcome. I am in love with this song. The solos are so amazing, the vocals. The heavy riff. The clean riff. It's just one of those perfect heavy metal songs.

Regarding answers to your questions

I can practice at least 2 hours a day. Maybe more
I am learning these songs using guitar pro mostly. So, sheet music. I use my ear sometimes. But, that's super rare. Only if my ear easily catches it and my fingers play it. tongue.gif

Edit - Motivational song of the day

Second Heartbeat by Avenged Sevenfold

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 24 2014, 09:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2014, 03:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Yash! Great song! I didn't know this screamo side of Avenged Sevenfold, it's very powerful! I like it.

I have been thinking on you, and I think that th best would be to organize your diary practice.

You have two hours or practice, so my suggestion for this next days (until you learn the whole Megadeth song) is:

HOUR 1:

Warming up (7 minutes): https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

Bending (20 minutes) : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/

Vibrato (20 minutes): https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

Alternate Picking (20 minutes): https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-1/

HOUR 2:

- Working on "A Tout Le Monde"

+ Learn the clean intro
+ Learn the distorted guitar (verse, chorus, second verse)
+ Learn the clean arpeggio played in the chorus by Marty.
+ Learn the outro Maiden style melody.
+ Start working on the solo. Divide it in parts and work on each.

What do you think?

and this is my inspiring stuff of the day: biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 26 2014, 12:35 AM
OK Gab. I'll get to work. And, as I showed you in the video, I was playing Maiden's Dance of Death all day. Trying to do vocals and guitar. I also learned Seek And Destroy. smile.gif I'll work on A Tout Le Monde starting tomorrow. Hopefully do a vocal/guitar cover one day biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 26 2014, 04:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 25 2014, 08:35 PM) *
OK Gab. I'll get to work. And, as I showed you in the video, I was playing Maiden's Dance of Death all day. Trying to do vocals and guitar. I also learned Seek And Destroy. smile.gif I'll work on A Tout Le Monde starting tomorrow. Hopefully do a vocal/guitar cover one day biggrin.gif

Excellent Yash! As we discussed at the chat room, you have to focus on this things:

- Bending: This technique must be your priority since you don't reach the correct pitch when you bend the notes. Remember to keep on playing the exercise that I shared at the chat room (Satriani's)

- Legato: Work on the sound of your pull offs to make your legato sound consistent. Here you have a special lesson for it: LINK

- Muting unwanted noises: It's very important to use the tips that I gave you to mute the strings that you are not playing. This must be applied to everything you play. You will have to practice slower at first to be used to this tricks.

- Singing in pitch: I noticed that you have a cool voice but you have pitch issues while you thing. Practice singing over the original songs and emulate the notes sang by the singer. We have excellent singing lessons for guitarists at this LINK.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 29 2014, 12:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2014, 07:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Yash! nice video! As I commented during our chat, you have to focus on the pitch of your singing. You have a nice voice and I think that this could sound much better with more precise tuning. You need to train your voice and your ears for this.

The first important question is, do you note the pitch issues?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:16 PM