3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Goals For 2013?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2013, 01:30 PM
Instructor
Hello guys! How are you? How did you start the 2013?
Every time a year begins we use to make balance and set new goals... have you done it?

What are your goals for this new year?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jan 2 2013, 01:36 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 2 2013, 07:30 AM) *
Hello guys! How are you? How did you start the 2013?
Every time a year begins we use to make balance and set new goals... have you done it?

What are your goals for this new year?

Last year I told myself I would try and live healthier. I started going to the gym once a week. I took a month off due to this last past holiday season, but other than that I went at least once a week. I also started eating healthier minus that month as well.

Now I'm back to eat better again and hitting the gym back up. Today I made scrambled eggs for breakfast no salt nothing else just straight eggs. smile.gif Feels great to get back on that path!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 2 2013, 01:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
The usual, eat healthier, lose weight laugh.gif

Well, this time I have a written down plan, written down goals and I'm committed, losing weight is my No. 1 priority.

Other than that, I first have to fully recover from the flu...so I can't do sports at the moment.

that's why I play guitar a lot...I wanna tackle and master some more advanced GMC lessons this year and become a more well-rounded solo player. I know I have developed quite a bit last year even though I didn't really pay attention to technique practice. This year, I will become even better and practice with a good routine.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2013, 01:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jan 2 2013, 09:36 AM) *
Last year I told myself I would try and live healthier. I started going to the gym once a week. I took a month off due to this last past holiday season, but other than that I went at least once a week. I also started eating healthier minus that month as well.

Now I'm back to eat better again and hitting the gym back up. Today I made scrambled eggs for breakfast no salt nothing else just straight eggs. smile.gif Feels great to get back on that path!

Grat decision!! Getting back to the gym is one of my goals for this year too! smile.gif It makes me feel very good.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 2 2013, 02:09 PM
Improving myself as much as i can in terms of guitar and composing.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
wollace03
Jan 2 2013, 02:09 PM
goals for 2013:
- get in a better shape (loose 5 kg)
- work less and spend more time with my wife and kids
- play guitar as much as possible and try to get as many gigs with my bands as possible
and
do some major changes in my house.......

looks like a lot of goals to me.....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2013, 02:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 2 2013, 09:44 AM) *
The usual, eat healthier, lose weight laugh.gif

Well, this time I have a written down plan, written down goals and I'm committed, losing weight is my No. 1 priority.

Other than that, I first have to fully recover from the flu...so I can't do sports at the moment.

that's why I play guitar a lot...I wanna tackle and master some more advanced GMC lessons this year and become a more well-rounded solo player. I know I have developed quite a bit last year even though I didn't really pay attention to technique practice. This year, I will become even better and practice with a good routine.

Sounds good! I hope that you get better soon! smile.gif

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jan 2 2013, 10:09 AM) *
Improving myself as much as i can in terms of guitar and composing.

Cool! All the best mate!

QUOTE (wollace03 @ Jan 2 2013, 10:09 AM) *
goals for 2013:
- get in a better shape (loose 5 kg)
- work less and spend more time with my wife and kids
- play guitar as much as possible and try to get as many gigs with my bands as possible
and
do some major changes in my house.......

looks like a lot of goals to me.....

This is a very balanced group of goals. I wish you all the best on this new year. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 2 2013, 02:19 PM
Get my first year diploma at school, have fun with my band and spend
time with friends and family.

oh and I think I should gain some weight or muscles this year biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jouve
Jan 2 2013, 02:25 PM
Learning Roadie
This year i'm planing lots of hard work.

1.To finish my third instutute year.
2.To get a job,
3.To get a car license.
4.To abroad travelling/practicing.

And some guitar priorities.
1.To start composing.
2.To get some confidence in left hand
3.To play Highway Star solo perfectly tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 2 2013, 02:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
I like the word goal rather than a reslutions
coming up on 5 years at Gmc, joining was to help me with speed picking, mainly outside picking . On a good day I might be able to play 16th's at 130- my goal being 180.( I can sometimes do short bursts in certain scales but I want to be able increase that endurance

learning how to build a building business in this junk our ruling class calls a recovery
they just passed a bill( to protect the middle class they say)to tax people earning over 450,000, but what hey failed to mention is that they did not renew a payroll tax exemption that will cost the middle class an average 70 dollars a month( yeah government)

on the lighter side
we are expecting a new baby Jan. 13th and as of right now my wife and seven kids all have the flu( lucky for me this strain is not inducing vomit rolleyes.gif )

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 2 2013, 02:50 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
First i wanna wish you All until end this year success with reaching all you GOALS !

My Goals ,

getting back the light way into sport to loose a bit weight

concentrate more on inside myself for better harmony around me

Got to go more into fretboard and experimenting more ... i know timing rhythm issues and all that too dry.gif

all together spending more time with guitar without forget my family

and try doing something social - to many aggressions on the road !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2013, 02:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jan 2 2013, 10:19 AM) *
Get my first year diploma at school, have fun with my band and spend
time with friends and family.

oh and I think I should gain some weight or muscles this year biggrin.gif

Nice. smile.gif It seems that Gyms will have lots of GMCers this year! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jouve @ Jan 2 2013, 10:25 AM) *
This year i'm planing lots of hard work.

1.To finish my third instutute year.
2.To get a job,
3.To get a car license.
4.To abroad travelling/practicing.

And some guitar priorities.
1.To start composing.
2.To get some confidence in left hand
3.To play Highway Star solo perfectly tongue.gif

Nice goals mate! Let me know if you need help with the guitar priorities!

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 2 2013, 10:35 AM) *
I like the word goal rather than a reslutions
coming up on 5 years at Gmc, joining was to help me with speed picking, mainly outside picking . On a good day I might be able to play 16th's at 130- my goal being 180.( I can sometimes do short bursts in certain scales but I want to be able increase that endurance

learning how to build a building business in this junk our ruling class calls a recovery
they just passed a bill( to protect the middle class they say)to tax people earning over 450,000, but what hey failed to mention is that they did not renew a payroll tax exemption that will cost the middle class an average 70 dollars a month( yeah government)

on the lighter side
we are expecting a new baby Jan. 13th and as of right now my wife and seven kids all have the flu( lucky for me this strain is not inducing vomit rolleyes.gif )

Wou! Congrats on the new baby! All the best for this new year! Building business? Are you an architect?

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jan 2 2013, 10:50 AM) *
First i wanna wish you All until end this year success with reaching all you GOALS !

My Goals ,

getting back the light way into sport to loose a bit weight

concentrate more on inside myself for better harmony around me

Got to go more into fretboard and experimenting more ... i know timing rhythm issues and all that too dry.gif

all together spending more time with guitar without forget my family

and try doing something social - to many aggressions on the road !

Cool and balanced! Thanks for your words mate! All the best on this new year! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 2 2013, 03:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 2 2013, 02:59 PM) *
Nice. smile.gif

Wou! Congrats on the new baby! All the best for this new year! Building business? Are you an architect?
licensed commercial builder ( and residential)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2013, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 2 2013, 11:03 AM) *
licensed commercial builder ( and residential)

Cool! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 2 2013, 04:31 PM
Learning Roadie
This year will be

Get back into good shape, I have my diet and workout plan ready to start.

Work on guitar technique and composition, both in solo-ing and rhythm parts, and also really start to nail down theory on the fretboard, studying triads and arpeggios etc. I want my note choices to be deliberate rather than guess work or just pattern based

Get an EP recorded.

Also I want to really help and support my wife with her goals

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2013, 05:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 2 2013, 12:31 PM) *
This year will be

Get back into good shape, I have my diet and workout plan ready to start.

Work on guitar technique and composition, both in solo-ing and rhythm parts, and also really start to nail down theory on the fretboard, studying triads and arpeggios etc. I want my note choices to be deliberate rather than guess work or just pattern based

Get an EP recorded.

Also I want to really help and support my wife with her goals

Nice mate.

I'm thinking that we should get back to this topic at the end of 2013. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jan 2 2013, 05:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
Join some more GMC-Collabs.

Run a marathon in less than 4 hours.

Have a kid.

and off course the gym and lose weight part.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 2 2013, 05:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
well since joining gmc last year and getting my eyes opened and realising what it takes to become a decent guitarist, I just want to get consistent practising done over the next year and be one more step closer to awesome.

I have a few of specific goals which I want to blast through on my way:
There's a couple of Cosmins lessons which require me to be better at bending..... I wanna get those nailed!
Gabes Black Sabbath lesson ( the reason I joined gmc! ) - I need to increase my playing of that lesson by about 15 BPM to get it at the correct speed. I dunno if that is achievable in a year but I aim to do my best.
Ive got into writing songs lately so I really want to continue with that and learn more about analysing other songs and be able to understand how they are put together.

As for things outside music? meh..... I'll just leave that part of my life to the usual chaos that it is cool.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 2 2013, 05:49 PM
My goal is to study some more lessons here, improve my co-ordination, timing, phrasing etc!
Join more Collabs.
Learn how to use all my new Software that i got last year!
And finally, finish several Guitar projects that are all unfinished in my Workshop and build a few more Custom Orders this year!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
zoom
Jan 2 2013, 06:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jan 2 2013, 05:34 PM) *
Join some more GMC-Collabs.

Run a marathon in less than 4 hours.

Have a kid.

and off course the gym and lose weight part.

Ha laugh.gif Ulrik that's my goal to run a sub 4 marathon this year. I've done 4.20 and 4.04 but I'm hitting the wall about 35km mark.

I really want to develop my ear this year NO.1 - so working out songs is high on my agenda.
Work on playing and singing also
Learn how to make awesome backing tracks.
Keep Ben and Gabe and all GMC instructors busy hassling (could be considered tormenting) them. There pain is my gain he he biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:01 AM