2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My Attempt To Write A Song, A ballad
Nava
Jan 24 2014, 09:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
So I have been consumed with this melody for days and nights.
Trying to get the notes together..I havent been able to practise or anyting (sorry Gab). I have only had this in mind!
Strange indeed..
There are of course still work to do, especially with sound and Timing and a smoother way to play.

I call this: No time to cry

But here is a taste of it anyhow.
Please point out mistakes and please give me suggestions. I¨'ll be more than happy

//Thomas

http://soundcloud.com/thomas-heino/no-time-for-cry

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 24 2014, 10:06 PM
Instructor
sorry?? why mate! I'm proud of you! You are creating. It's happening! smile.gif This feeling of a melody all the time in your head asking for being decrypted is your own personality creating music. That's what we are looking for mate, so well done!

There are no mistakes to mark when this happens, just keep on polishing and decrypting the idea. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Nava
Jan 25 2014, 02:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Ah, thx Gabriel!

"This feeling of a melody all the time in your head asking for being decrypted is your own personality creating music"
Very fine words:)
Where did u find them? What a new way to think. For me anyway biggrin.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 25 2014, 05:11 PM
Instructor
Mate, you were always complaining that you are not good enough smile.gif Nothing more wrong tongue.gif I think you have done an amazing job here - melody and good direction and a very articulated and emotive style! Good going!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 26 2014, 02:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Jan 25 2014, 10:24 AM) *
Ah, thx Gabriel!

"This feeling of a melody all the time in your head asking for being decrypted is your own personality creating music"
Very fine words:)
Where did u find them? What a new way to think. For me anyway biggrin.gif

Nice to find this answer from you mate. I have a new master. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2014, 03:07 PM
Instructor
I think that you should write more music and share it with us some more even smile.gif Also, I am thinking you might have more recorded, right? smile.gif If so, why not share it here if you want and we can help out with suggestions to help you polish the final product wink.gif

+Quote Post
Nava
Jan 26 2014, 05:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 26 2014, 03:07 PM) *
I think that you should write more music and share it with us some more even smile.gif Also, I am thinking you might have more recorded, right? smile.gif If so, why not share it here if you want and we can help out with suggestions to help you polish the final product wink.gif

Thx a lot Cosmin:) Warming words indeed!!
And yes, I will stop saying I'm not good enough! But I do have much to learn and I dont play clean. Thats what I'm here for, oh yeeeah smile.gif

I would love to share my ideas with u to get some help and some other input biggrin.gif
I will get proper recording gear hopefully this year so I can get song on the ideas to. I only have Cubase LE4, so its very limited:)
And I have more stuff recorded and maybe if I ask nicely someone of u have a drumprogram and can put some cool drumlicks in it and maybe a bassline?
Is it to much to ask?

I'll upload one idea later this week and maybe we can work something with it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 26 2014, 06:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Jan 26 2014, 04:17 PM) *
Thx a lot Cosmin:) Warming words indeed!!
And yes, I will stop saying I'm not good enough! But I do have much to learn and I dont play clean. Thats what I'm here for, oh yeeeah smile.gif

I would love to share my ideas with u to get some help and some other input biggrin.gif
I will get proper recording gear hopefully this year so I can get song on the ideas to. I only have Cubase LE4, so its very limited:)
And I have more stuff recorded and maybe if I ask nicely someone of u have a drumprogram and can put some cool drumlicks in it and maybe a bassline?
Is it to much to ask?

I'll upload one idea later this week and maybe we can work something with it wink.gif

Show me whatchagot and I will drop a drumline in it smile.gif Then I will show you how to do it wink.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 27 2014, 08:29 AM
Learning Roadie
That was really pretty, and I liked the vibe. My only suggestion is as you refine it, is to think more like a vocalist. In some areas it jumps about a bit like its just going from one guitar riff to another rather than a melodic line.

Maybe when drums and bass etc are put in that will help it flow more but a melodic line helping to connect these elements will ensnare the listener and make them hum it for days

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 27 2014, 09:53 AM
Instructor
Lovely piece mate! This is truly good music. Like the melody lines and the space in the mix smile.gif It's something perfect for morning coffee smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nava
Jan 27 2014, 08:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 27 2014, 08:29 AM) *
That was really pretty, and I liked the vibe. My only suggestion is as you refine it, is to think more like a vocalist. In some areas it jumps about a bit like its just going from one guitar riff to another rather than a melodic line.

Maybe when drums and bass etc are put in that will help it flow more but a melodic line helping to connect these elements will ensnare the listener and make them hum it for days

Thx PosterBoy! Yeah, I know what u mean and I try to find a way and try to make a way from A-C and in the middle a nice B-playing wink.gif
But its hard, I usually get the tones in my head and then try to find a nice way to play them. I know some basic in music theory but I really suck at it!
I like what Marcus Lavendell says: If it sounds good, it IS good. And if you like it then there is someone else in the world that like it to smile.gif
But learning theory is a need thing I guess. To know what u doin when u play!
I try to make it smoother. Thx for pointing out. Excellent!

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 27 2014, 09:53 AM) *
Lovely piece mate! This is truly good music. Like the melody lines and the space in the mix smile.gif It's something perfect for morning coffee smile.gif

Thank you so much, Master Darius:) I'm so glad u like it with ur morning coffee cool.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 26 2014, 06:46 PM) *
Show me whatchagot and I will drop a drumline in it smile.gif Then I will show you how to do it wink.gif

Shall I insert the file here, Cosmin?
And do u want it on SoundCloud or a Wave file?
Its a more hardrock/rock file this one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 27 2014, 10:36 PM
Instructor
You're wellcome smile.gif As You see I'm one of many who enjoy it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 28 2014, 08:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Jan 27 2014, 07:55 PM) *
Shall I insert the file here, Cosmin?
And do u want it on SoundCloud or a Wave file?
Its a more hardrock/rock file this one.

Hello mate - you can upload the wave file on SoundCloud - post the link here, but make sure it's downloadable wink.gif Deal?

+Quote Post
Nava
Jan 28 2014, 08:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 28 2014, 08:37 AM) *
Hello mate - you can upload the wave file on SoundCloud - post the link here, but make sure it's downloadable wink.gif Deal?

Yep, here it is then: http://soundcloud.com/thomas-heino/hardrock-idea

Its 4/4 120 bpm. Hope u can do something about it and that my playing is synced tongue.gif

If its possible with one rhytm from 0.00 -0.20 and another in 0.21 - 0.41 and a third in 0.42 - 0.56
Maybe not exactly but u know what I mean when u hear it wink.gif

Cant say how appreciated this is and I'm looking forward to hear it and that u can show how I can do it myself!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 29 2014, 09:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Jan 28 2014, 07:12 PM) *
Yep, here it is then: http://soundcloud.com/thomas-heino/hardrock-idea

Its 4/4 120 bpm. Hope u can do something about it and that my playing is synced tongue.gif

If its possible with one rhytm from 0.00 -0.20 and another in 0.21 - 0.41 and a third in 0.42 - 0.56
Maybe not exactly but u know what I mean when u hear it wink.gif

Cant say how appreciated this is and I'm looking forward to hear it and that u can show how I can do it myself!

Got it mate wink.gif Will throw it in the DAW and check if everything is cool with it - will let you know, although at a first glance, everything seems to be ok smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nava
Jan 30 2014, 06:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesume biggrin.gif

No hurry, take ur time Cosmin!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2014, 09:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Jan 30 2014, 05:49 AM) *
Awesume biggrin.gif

No hurry, take ur time Cosmin!

wink.gif I already have some ideas - I'll try and see what I can come up with smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 4 2014, 09:52 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif How do you like this so far? smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Nava_Drums.mp3 ( 1.39MB ) Number of downloads: 136

+Quote Post
Nava
Feb 5 2014, 06:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
biggrin.gif

Ah, Cosmin! This is soo good biggrin.gif
Its amazing how an idea can grow that much! I actually think this can really be a song now ha ha..
You have done a great job here and I have nothing to complain about. I cant wait for ur idea
on the tapping/rhythm part that is just ahead:)

Does it take long time to learn the program?

Many thanks so far and many thanks for taking ur time and effort on helping me! I'm very grateful!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2014, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Feb 5 2014, 05:46 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Ah, Cosmin! This is soo good biggrin.gif
Its amazing how an idea can grow that much! I actually think this can really be a song now ha ha..
You have done a great job here and I have nothing to complain about. I cant wait for ur idea
on the tapping/rhythm part that is just ahead:)

Does it take long time to learn the program?

Many thanks so far and many thanks for taking ur time and effort on helping me! I'm very grateful!

Hey there man smile.gif Glad you like it wink.gif It's actually very simple to use, but you need to tell me what you are using to record and get virtual instruments to go with that.

EZ Drummer or Superior Drummer would be a good choices here. They are pluggins that help you create drum tracks just like this one. Do you have something like this? If yes, let me know and I'll tell you some more, if not, get it and then I'll tell you some more biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:37 PM