> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Vulpine's Full Potential Music Kit
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 13 2012, 10:41 AM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Hope you like the title wink.gif

Mate, this here is your personal training ground, so let's use it accordingly. Can you please tell me a little bit about your gear, aspirations and musical preferences?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 13 2012, 11:44 AM
GMC:er
cool.gif Nice Title

to start of , my gear

Guitar: Ibanez Rg321mh (Air Norton+Steve's Special) pickups

Pedal: Boss ME-25 (Multi effects pedal)

My aspirations well I love instrumental music n love expressing my self when I play just letting it all go my long goal is to learn everything I can to amplify the heart n soul of my musical abilities . to play with climaxing phrases, articulation,face melting shredding, nasty Riffing, rhythm n timing creativity is my goal

my Technique needs to be polished playing clean is prolly one of my biggest adversaries hope to improve on playing clean n over the past couple of months I've tooken a dive at learning to shred still ways to go but I hope to improve on that

My musical preferences I listen to alil bit of everything in the genre of (Rock,Metal,Blues, proggressive, classical,) but My favorite would have to be virtuoso Instrumental Rock and Post rock

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Nov 13 2012, 11:46 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2012, 08:19 AM
Instructor
Alright! Well, out of what I am figuring out, you want to be able to express yourself at the highest personal level available. Tell me mate, would you like a systematic more disciplined approach or a more exploring based one, in which you don;t necessarily track down your progress but you explore various important aspects of playing and we discuss over them? It's important so that we may start out on the good, yellow brick road biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 14 2012, 09:57 AM
wouldnt mind the Exploring approach for a change But I think some aspects I dont think it would be wise to overlook discipline, for instance when I heard your "Modal of the rising sun" ur phrasing and timing it appeared you played with discipline, you werent just flying all over the place with notes that guitar players may tend to do. but yea I think Im more of the Explorer type ... with a lil discipline = )

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2012, 04:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 14 2012, 08:57 AM) *
wouldnt mind the Exploring approach for a change But I think some aspects I dont think it would be wise to overlook discipline, for instance when I heard your "Modal of the rising sun" ur phrasing and timing it appeared you played with discipline, you werent just flying all over the place with notes that guitar players may tend to do. but yea I think Im more of the Explorer type ... with a lil discipline = )

This is a very important secret smile.gif DISCIPLINE in every thing you do will lead you to success. Do not mistake discipline with rigidity. If you are rigid you will stagnate, but if you treat all your study endeavors with discipline you will end up one step higher each time.

Tell me smile.gif What's your favorite lesson here so far? One that you consider you could play biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 15 2012, 09:19 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 14 2012, 03:58 PM) *
Tell me smile.gif What's your favorite lesson here so far? One that you consider you could play biggrin.gif

Cosmin

funny you should ask "modes of the rising sun" "Buckethead Style lesson" "Alternate Picking Thirds" I was planning to participate in your collab recording my take over the weekend but also I was planning to work on learning your take and do a "REC" So one where Im doing your take and the collab version where im constructing a solo for defferent sections of the song

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Nov 15 2012, 09:34 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2012, 04:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Nov 15 2012, 08:19 AM) *
funny you should ask "modes of the rising sun" "Buckethead Style lesson" "Alternate Picking Thirds" I was planning to participate in your collab recording my take over the weekend but also I was planning to work on learning your take and do a "REC" So one where Im doing your take and the collab version where im constructing a solo for defferent sections of the song

Well, if ya feel like tackling the 'Modes of The Rising Sun' I salute the initiative and I would say, it's a good way to get into the collab - learning the lesson and then creating variations so that you may use them in the collab take.

Why did you say it was funny that I asked? smile.gif

I want you to play exactly what you like, but to do it diligently and get the most awesome result by doing it smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Feb 22 2013, 03:54 PM
Hey Cosmin Could you Teach me some minor7th/9th chords was watching ur *Modern Metal Marco Sfogli* lesson u did and u played some add9 along with m7/9th chords in a rock/metal kind of setting .could u show them to me ?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2013, 07:59 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, sure thing - for starting out, you must know that the backing track for that solo, is actually the body of another lesson wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-1/

In here, you can see the chord shapes and how they are forming the riff I used to solo over in the Marco Sfogli lesson. Take a look and then let's discuss about how they can be obtained by harmonizing a scale smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Feb 24 2013, 07:01 PM
hey thanks , never got into the drop c thing but will try to transcribe some of those chords in a standard e tuning

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 25 2013, 01:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Feb 24 2013, 06:01 PM) *
hey thanks , never got into the drop c thing but will try to transcribe some of those chords in a standard e tuning

Oh, so you need them in standard E, eh? Well, let's look at things like this:

Min7 chord formula = 1 b3 5 b7
Cmin7 = C Eb G Bb

What do you know about harmonizing a scale? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 18 2013, 01:22 PM
Ok Cosmin I thought it would be better if I post here for this particular topic regarding my timing because I have been working hard on being sync i think with alittle more knowledge n awareness hopefully I will have a breakthrough soon

so regarding the last track I uploaded

can u show me I've got the backing track here if u got the time you can play what ever just to demonstrate timing in a musical context cuz im not sure if my timing issue is particularly in the Lead playing or in the background rhythm section ....or in both

(Drums only)
https://soundcloud.com/vulpinetekneq/hot-arrow-drums-only

(Rhythm n Drums)
https://soundcloud.com/vulpinetekneq/hot-ar...ng-track-rhythm

(ok in the rhythm n drums backing track I can here some timing issues in the rhythm section if playing over that will mess u up feel free to use the drum only track

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2013, 07:47 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy, I will make a video for ya, as it's easier to explain and play and sing and all that's necessary wink.gif

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 19 2013, 01:04 PM
ok ill be back alittle later during my lunch break

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 20 2013, 07:00 PM
Instructor
Here we go mate:

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 20 2013, 08:51 PM
Ah Cosmin I cannot thank you enough for this personal lesson... am fixing a plate atm I will be back momentarily to watch this video

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 21 2013, 08:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ Jul 20 2013, 07:51 PM) *
Ah Cosmin I cannot thank you enough for this personal lesson... am fixing a plate atm I will be back momentarily to watch this video

You are most welcome mate - I'd be uber happy to be able to help you with your timing, so go ahead, watch and tell me your thoughts, ok?

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 21 2013, 05:45 PM
ok so I watched the video my first response was wow that is harder then it looks for me to be 100% 100%!! on beat

* I need to play everything on tempo rhythm/ lead even if solo is improvised it still needs to be as tight as possible

*2nd question ..... is this something every guitar player has to adjust to or do some players naturally can play in 100% time

after watching this vid I may take a a week or two from writing music n practice with the metronome i Hope you guys see improvements ... hope i see them aswell

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Jul 21 2013, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 22 2013, 08:44 AM
Instructor
Some, have a natural inclination towards being rhythmic individuals, more than others, but it's not something that can't be developed.

My suggestion would be to work on both in parallel - you don't have to stop writing - you just need to shift your main focus on developing your rhythm skills and applying the knowledge on your songs.

Let me know how it goes, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Jul 23 2013, 06:18 AM

(if the vid doesnt pop up heres the link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqDgz5IEuwA

This post has been edited by Vulpine: Jul 23 2013, 06:31 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:57 AM