Pedal Order Help...
Georgia Rocker
Jun 7 2012, 02:03 AM
GMC:er
can someone help me out with my pedalboard layout. I stopped using Guitar Rig 4 and going to start using real pedals but not sure about which is right with the order...I have notice huge differences with the way I had some of the pedals with my sound. I want to start at the guitar then the order...I have a jeckly and hyde distortion pedal, Boss DD7 delay, MXR compression, Didital reverb rv5, boss noise supressor, Ibaneze tube screamer,Phase 90, then to the amp. Thanks in advanced for any input. One more thing..I also have a Keeley mod ds1 that I like to use sometimes...will it affect the sound if i place it on the board also.

I just saw a video on youtube that helped a bit. let me know if I got this right. I went from the guitar to the noise suppressor, then I went out of the send to the compression, then distortion, od,tube screamer, phaser, reverb, delay, then I went back up to my return on the suppressor. I put the 2 cables from the pedals to my effects loop on my marshall tsl series amp. Just making sure Im not missing anything that may help me get a better sound.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Georgia Rocker: Jun 7 2012, 02:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Nihilist1
Jun 7 2012, 02:47 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Georgia Rocker @ Jun 7 2012, 01:03 AM) *
can someone help me out with my pedalboard layout. I stopped using Guitar Rig 4 and going to start using real pedals but not sure about which is right with the order...I have notice huge differences with the way I had some of the pedals with my sound. I want to start at the guitar then the order...I have a jeckly and hyde distortion pedal, Boss DD7 delay, MXR compression, Didital reverb rv5, boss noise supressor, Ibaneze tube screamer,Phase 90, then to the amp. Thanks in advanced for any input. One more thing..I also have a Keeley mod ds1 that I like to use sometimes...will it affect the sound if i place it on the board also.

I just saw a video on youtube that helped a bit. let me know if I got this right. I went from the guitar to the noise suppressor, then I went out of the send to the compression, then distortion, od,tube screamer, phaser, reverb, delay, then I went back up to my return on the suppressor. I put the 2 cables from the pedals to my effects loop on my marshall tsl series amp. Just making sure Im not missing anything that may help me get a better sound.

This is a thread started by Instructor Alex Feather. Your questions should be answered in his first post. If you have anymore questions regarding this topic, I am sure he wouldn't mind answering wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43948

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2012, 08:15 AM
Instructor
I agree smile.gif the schematics and explanations will sort things out for ya wink.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Jun 7 2012, 09:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
I hate to admit this, because I play live quite frequently (EMULATOR gig tonight!!).... but I really don't know much about how to properly order an effects chain/pedalboard either.

I put a bunch of time/effort into getting it right a few years back, and haven't switched it up much since. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" seems to be my motto on the topic. BUT, I should actually try and mix it up again since I've changed some effects since then.

One reason I haven't, is....I don't have a great place to practice LOUD, other than for band rehearsal. And again...it currently works and sounds GREAT! But, I would like to try some different combinations sometime. I just need a place to relax and crank up my rig to get proper results. I need to HEAR it and experience it, and cannot simply rely on an internet (even if professional) recommendation. In music/tone, there isn't always a black-and-white "right" and "wrong" way. I may be doing it "wrong" and still get "right" results for MY tone. Although, you usually can rely on emulating the pros!! wink.gif

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:54 PM