Hey Everyone!
Tommy M
Feb 18 2015, 11:02 PM
Learning Rodie
My name is Tommy im 32 years old and live in sweden.
I started playing guitar when i was about 12, an acoustic one my dad had, i had no-one teach me anything so just played melodies on one string.
then learned 2 string power chords or what its called and made a song and started a band with that song.

Our school had a rehearsal local in the basement which you could book 1 1/2 hours 2 times a week at night.

We had so much fun and always a lot of people with us listening, hardcore was new back then and we actually made ppl leave holding covering their ears on our first live gig.
an anti drink and drive concert.
ppl just wasnt used to a singer screaming all the time. ha ha.

Anyway, we then got an offer to play at vegan place in uppsala and played just before the headline band. that was fun.
after that we got an offer from that band to play in gothenburg, opening up for Refused but our band broke up in the middle of that.

after that i didnt play for few years and then started a new band when i was 18.
We played straight up punkrock and got a review in a local paper saying "if you like sum41 or blink 182, youre definately gonna like moon beam walkers". ha ha

we played and had fun mostly, didnt really care about learning or stuff, we just played and partyed so not much progress in skill there.
We stayed together few years but the drummer became a dad, the bass player had to move cause of school etc so it all just faded away.

then again i didnt play until maybe 3 years ago when i discovered Lamb of god and saw the video, in your face by children of bodom.
Though, "god damn I want to play like that" .bought a cheap guitar and started practicing moving my fingers.

Now im here, new guitar, got basic skills of DAWs and record stuff that sound decent at least;P

Since i joined gmc few months ago, ive progressed more than i did ever before.
Love the way lessons are constructed, easy to understand without theory knowledge.

.... wall of text sorry

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 19 2015, 01:53 AM
GMC:er
Great to have ya!!!!!!! smile.gif I'm Todd. I teach our Saturday Vid chat sessions. Please do stop by!! smile.gif This is an AMAZING and supportive community of players from all over the world. We have many of your countrymen here as well!

QUOTE (Tommy M @ Feb 18 2015, 06:02 PM) *
My name is Tommy im 32 years old and live in sweden.

.... wall of text sorry

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 20 2015, 11:54 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great intro Tommy! smile.gif

I loved this line:

"then learned 2 string power chords or what its called and made a song and started a band with that song"

...as it is so true - I did it the same way smile.gif Power chords rule.

Playing all those gigs must have been awesome. Do you plan to join a new band some time in the future?
Usually bands of that young age end up breaking up for this or that reason (usually it is just "life happens").
But, I see lots of newly formed "older" bands here locally that seem to work out.

See you around the forum smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2015, 02:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Tommy! Cool to find your introduction here. We are already working at Gab's Army so let's continue rocking there. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 22 2015, 12:29 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks for introducing yourself Tommy, it's great to have another fellow Swede here! biggrin.gif Välkommen!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:34 PM