Guitar Multieffect And Signal Processor
alexferrari
Apr 14 2009, 07:52 PM
GMC:er
Hello, new to GMC and here is a new question ! I've seen on You Tube many guitar multieffects tests and in order to buy one I have to make a decision but it is a hard work ! there are mainly three effects that I like and they are all in the same price range ( 159-179 Eur) and all have amazing effects ! here they are :
1- Line6 Floor POD
2- Zoom G2.1u
3- Boss ME 20

Could someone make easier my decision? I think that The ME 20 Boss is the best but.........???

Many thanks to all , I am happy to be a GMC member ! this was the best decision I've done for sure .

Bye ! from Alex Italy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 14 2009, 09:08 PM
Instructor
You should put this thread in the gear section of the forum mate...

I haven't tried any of the models mate, but I think Boss is a safe bet always. Boss is just an MultiFX unit with Overdrive/Distortion pedals built in, it is not a modeler. On the other hand, POD is a modeler, and has lots of different models of amps within. You should definitely check out both devices before you buy, and choose depending what you need. Here's some generalized advice:

- If you have a good amp, and wanna use distortion from the amp as your main foundation, but just need to boost the signal and add effects then Boss may be a good solution.
- If you have a clean amp that you don't like how it sounds on it's own, and you wanna make it sound like various amps so you can have flexibility while recording, then POD may be what you need.

As I said, try both devices in the store. Sellers must plug it in to demonstrate how device works before you buy, if define yourself as a serious buyer. Try both devices on similar amps, preferably the same amps, or at least same brand, and compare sounds.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 14 2009, 09:23 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hi Alex, I moved your thread over here to the Gear section. More exposure here for your questions. Cheers! smile.gif

Ivan has given some good advice here. Line 6 still gets the nod from me. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 14 2009, 09:34 PM
GMC:er
those are all low end pedals, i owned all 3 of those...the best one i think is the POD BUT if you can afford it, get the Boss ME - 70 not the 20

the 70 is amazing, and itll do what ever you want it to, even your homework!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 14 2009, 10:03 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Keep in mind that getting a pod will also allow you to record your playing with the computer, as it's also a soundcard.
PodXT shouldn't be so far from your budget, and it rocks.

Me-20/50/70 are just multiFX, no modeling and no recording afaik, not that it's a bad thing if you don't need that, their effects usually sound good.

Edit: Just checked and me-70 has these amp models:
PREAMP: OFF, EQ, CLEAN, COMBO, TWEED, STACK, LEAD STK, R-FIER
I still believe PodXT would be your best bet, as FloorPOD doesn't have USB connection to record.

This post has been edited by Fran: Apr 14 2009, 10:08 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 14 2009, 10:39 PM
Instructor
I agree with Fran - I think saving some money and getting POD XT or even POD XT live would definitely be a good all-around solution.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 15 2009, 08:25 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I also agree, a Pd XT would be a nice one and allow you to record easily, the boss effects are very reliable too though. best would be to check them out yourself, only like this you can get an impression.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:58 PM