Make Your Choice
Satch [ 14 ] ** [73.68%]
Vai [ 5 ] ** [26.32%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Todd Simpson
Mar 24 2015, 06:16 PM
GMC:er
I agree smile.gif The reason I had to go for VAI is that every time I hear him play, he always surprises me. I never know what he is thinking or where he is going it seems. I LOVE SATCH and adore his work. For everyday listening probably listen to more SATCH than VAI. But It's easier for me to process SATCH. I can often see where he is going in an arrangement. With VAI, his stuff can be so unpredictable sometimes that it's almost Bizarre. So it's always fresh to me.

Maybe it's because he is so different in his phrasing and construction and arrangment. I'm not sure. But if it it's a long term bet, with only one option, I'd have to take VAI smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 24 2015, 05:21 AM) *
Yep, I just can't resist this track. Not just the guitar playing either. The whole arrangement and rhythm section is just.... like a freshly baked custard donut smile.gif

Even though I've probably identified more with Satch's music over the years there's just moments where you need some Vai time. I dunno what it is about Steve but he's like a mood magician, you feel happy when he's around.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 3 2015, 05:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Absoultely hated Satche's older stuff (Surfing gave me nausea), and loved Vai's work with Whitesnake.

More recently, Satch's stuff with Chickenfoot is amazing whereas Vai's solo work is, dare I say, technically amazing c.r.a.p.

IMO smile.gif But that's a stylistic complaint biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:58 PM