2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What Was Your First Public Performance With Guitar?
Darius Wave
Jul 12 2013, 02:12 PM
Instructor
As the topic says.

I remember when I was about 12 and played not much aside from simple baree shapes but (what a flavour it was!) on the distortion smile.gif We had a singing band with my two brothers. I played the guitar and 3 of us were singing smile.gif We didn't "afford" the real band so we had a "drummer and the basist" from the minidisc smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jul 12 2013, 03:40 PM
Theory Instructor
I think I was about 6 or so, playing in a piano recital for my teacher's students. I ran up to play my song, played it as quickly as possible and ran back to sit down. lol On guitar it would have been at a series of Unplugged concerts my highschool put on when I was about 16 years old or so. Fun times!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 12 2013, 09:50 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I was 13 or 14 years old, playing in a punk band.
"Ungdommens kulturmoenstring" is a yearly event held to showcase youths playing in bands, acts, dancing etc.
I played with my band in 1994 in front of 2000 - 3000 people. Nearly pissed my pants laugh.gif

Good times smile.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 13 2013, 12:32 AM
GMC:er
I was 15 in a band called hostile, we played pantera slayer sepultura and Metallica and a riot started as two rival school football teams were in the crowd and it turned into an all in brawl of about 200 teenagers
We kept playing and spurred them on biggrin.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2013, 01:27 AM
Instructor
Around 13 years old! this is the video! biggrin.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=345647...e=3&theater

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 13 2013, 02:39 AM
I was around 14 playing in a PUNK BAND smile.gif We did only SEX PISTOLS covers. It was great fun smile.gif Not a huge musical vocabulary at that time but loads of energy and punkishness smile.gif

We would play behind an abandoned school and use the power outlets to hook up our amps and lights. For some reason the power was still on. Some times the cops came and everyone ran but us since we had to stay to get our gear smile.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 13 2013, 05:16 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 13 2013, 01:39 AM) *
I was around 14 playing in a PUNK BAND smile.gif We did only SEX PISTOLS covers. It was great fun smile.gif Not a huge musical vocabulary at that time but loads of energy and punkishness smile.gif

We would play behind an abandoned school and use the power outlets to hook up our amps and lights. For some reason the power was still on. Some times the cops came and everyone ran but us since we had to stay to get our gear smile.gif

That is awesome, rocknroll

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 13 2013, 12:27 AM) *

That is punk as Gabriel, that black guitar, was tha a Charvelle logo I saw on the headstock?
Very cool

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 13 2013, 07:54 AM
Tone Seeker
Hah great stories guys ! We did The Doors cover in school on 9th grade. Riders on a storm. I played bass biggrin.gif
My friend (singer) had really huge Morrison phase on his life and he rocked on the stage like Jim did. Few girls even came to dance front of the stage.
Too bad we don't have any video footage of it...

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 13 2013, 07:57 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 13 2013, 09:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Professor @ Jul 12 2013, 02:40 PM) *
I think I was about 6 or so, playing in a piano recital for my teacher's students. I ran up to play my song, played it as quickly as possible and ran back to sit down. lol On guitar it would have been at a series of Unplugged concerts my highschool put on when I was about 16 years old or so. Fun times!

I also started on piano...but had a bad teacher so wanted to quit smile.gif Played for a year, made a few exams but this was level 0,5 of skills (scale 1-10 tongue.gif)

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jul 12 2013, 08:50 PM) *
I was 13 or 14 years old, playing in a punk band.
"Ungdommens kulturmoenstring" is a yearly event held to showcase youths playing in bands, acts, dancing etc.
I played with my band in 1994 in front of 2000 - 3000 people. Nearly pissed my pants laugh.gif

Good times smile.gif

Yeah - very good times! Now You could playd the gig in front of 200 people and 1800 watching the internet steraming video at home...

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Jul 12 2013, 11:32 PM) *
I was 15 in a band called hostile, we played pantera slayer sepultura and Metallica and a riot started as two rival school football teams were in the crowd and it turned into an all in brawl of about 200 teenagers
We kept playing and spurred them on biggrin.gif

ha ha ha smile.gif Those were metallica, slayer times...now me have bullet for my valentine, kilswitch engage etc as a songs teenagers want to play smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 13 2013, 12:27 AM) *

"This content is currently unavailable" sad.gif I had mine recorded too but on the vhs tape that lost somewhere....very possible I'll find it someday smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 13 2013, 09:48 AM
Learning Roadie
Aged 10 playing and singing Blowing In The Wind in front of my school. I'd sung a lot in public before then but not playing guitar which I started learning the year before

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 13 2013, 02:47 PM
Instructor
I think I was about 14 and I played almost daily in a big park, alongside some friends, on acoustic guitars and mandolins, for people that knew us and came to hang out smile.gif Those were such simple days ...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2013, 05:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Jul 13 2013, 01:16 AM) *
That is punk as Gabriel, that black guitar, was tha a Charvelle logo I saw on the headstock?
Very cool

hahah pure punk! No, that guitar was generic and the builder put a name that was something like "Kakinowa" or something like that...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jul 14 2013, 08:39 PM
Playing stairway to heaven in a crowded guitar shop...bout 25 years ago...i like breaking rulez tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2013, 01:44 AM
Instructor
I wonder where are everybody's pics or videos connected to this topic! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 15 2013, 07:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 15 2013, 12:44 AM) *
I wonder where are everybody's pics or videos connected to this topic! smile.gif

I think I got some - but they are scanned and in my old PC, because in 1999 there was scarcely any digital photo cam, needless to say there was no such thing as mobile phones with cameras laugh.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 15 2013, 08:21 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 15 2013, 02:44 AM) *

I actually think my dad has got a video of the performance, hehe..
It's on VHS though, so I'd have to see if I can convert it to digital smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 15 2013, 08:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bossie @ Jul 14 2013, 07:39 PM) *
Playing stairway to heaven in a crowded guitar shop...bout 25 years ago...i like breaking rulez tongue.gif

One music show in the Polish capital has a writting on the wall:

"All song allowed other than Master of Puppets, Stairway to Heaven or Nothing Else Matters" biggrin.gif Saller did made it cause before he had to listen to those 3 many times a day - when kids were testing instruments smile.gif))

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 15 2013, 12:44 AM) *

Probably most of us has it on VHS if there was any smile.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 15 2013, 09:55 PM
My first time I was in a band with others that had played out before quite frequently, so I was the only one which was a COMPLETE NERVOUS FREAKING WRECK!!!!

We played at a dive that had a house band and the singer for my band asked them (unbeknownst to me) if we could play a set while they took a break. They said okay - then, with no mental, spiritual or emotional preparation whatsoever - SURPRISE!!!!

I can still hear my singer friend now; "hey man, they're gonna let us play". I was PETRIFIED!

Anyway, we used their instruments. Their guitarist quickly showed me around his pedal board and right then and there, in front of gawd and everyone, got my cherry popped. I was stiff as a board and probably felt the same fear as someone being thrown into a den of lions. From what I remember we played 6 songs.

I guess everybody has to start somehow.

Regardless, the crowd was drunk and VERY gracious to us. Either they really enjoyed our tunes (all cover tunes) or my wretched nerves radiated into each of them and they pity cheered for us.

This post has been edited by Spock: Jul 15 2013, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 16 2013, 08:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 15 2013, 08:55 PM) *
My first time I was in a band with others that had played out before quite frequently, so I was the only one which was a COMPLETE NERVOUS FREAKING WRECK!!!!

We played at a dive that had a house band and the singer for my band asked them (unbeknownst to me) if we could play a set while they took a break. They said okay - then, with no mental, spiritual or emotional preparation whatsoever - SURPRISE!!!!

I can still hear my singer friend now; "hey man, they're gonna let us play". I was PETRIFIED!

Anyway, we used their instruments. Their guitarist quickly showed me around his pedal board and right then and there, in front of gawd and everyone, got my cherry popped. I was stiff as a board and probably felt the same fear as someone being thrown into a den of lions. From what I remember we played 6 songs.

I guess everybody has to start somehow.

Regardless, the crowd was drunk and VERY gracious to us. Either they really enjoyed our tunes (all cover tunes) or my wretched nerves radiated into each of them and they pity cheered for us.

Man! Your stories are ALWAYS amazingly funny and I think they are and will be great memories! biggrin.gif I visualized each and every detail laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 16 2013, 08:12 AM
Still waiting for it dry.gif

I don't know if its considered, but I played an acoustic version of Tears Don't Fall at a friend's birthday, and the crowd was freaking stupid dry.gif They didn't let me finish the intro and started chanting sing sing, and when I did start singing (in English) everyone gets disappointed because its in English and not in Hindi (one of my native languages, along with English tongue.gif) So, they start hooting and speaking and disturbing me and one tried to push me just so I did a mistake or stopped playing dry.gif But, I continued, did a few mistakes, skipped some vocal lines and, somehow finished the song, though I did the solo right. All in all, it was a horrible performance and even more horrible for me

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:27 PM