Weekend Challenge Lick
The Professor
Aug 24 2013, 09:20 AM
Theory Instructor
Can You Master This Lick?

Learning licks and riffs is a big part of learning to play any style of music on guitar. So, in today’s lesson we’ll be looking at a classic Rock sounding lick that works in the key of A minor.

Check out the lick below. Memorize it, practice it in a few keys, and then record yourself jamming on this lick with the backing track below, posting your audio or video results in the comments section of this thread.

Challenge Lick in A Minor

Here is the Challenge lick to check out, get under your fingers and bring into your soloing ideas and riffs.

The lick is played over a common Am-G-F chord progression, and uses the notes of the A Minor Pentatonic and A Minor Blues scales.

Try working this lick slowly at first on your own, or with a metronome. Then, once you have it under your fingers, try playing it over the backing track provided below.

Attached Image

Here is a backing track that you can use to practice this lick but also to record yourself playing the lick on it’s own, or using it as part of a longer solo.

If you choose to record yourself playing this lick, post your results below, as it’s always a fun experiment to hear how different players interpret the exact same lick in different ways.

Attached File  A_Minor_Backing_Track.mp3 ( 3.19MB ) Number of downloads: 319

Do you have a question or comment about this lick? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:00 PM