Reconfiguring Home Studio
Todd Simpson
Apr 3 2014, 02:42 AM
GMC:er
Every time I go to repatch/reconfigure my studio I forget just how much time/effort is involved in upatching/repatching and setting up, but I think it's for the best otherwise I might not want to do it each time:) I'm building a "B Rig" to be centered around a piece of gear I've wanted FOREVER!!!!!
A DIGITECH GENESIS 3!

You are probably saying, "what?", it's an obscure piece of "Vintage Digitech" (contradiction in terms) gear that has been pretty hard to find. I finally found one. It's sort of like a POD but with high gain amps that don't suck. I've played on one years ago and wanted one but could never find one.

So I'm making a new rack with a power amp/surge/pullout shelf, just for it. It's certainly not going to replace my ELEVEN RACK but I'm still stoked to get it smile.gif
QUESTION: Do you have a piece of gear that you love, that other folks just don't seem to get?
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 3 2014, 02:44 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Palacios
Apr 4 2014, 01:17 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 2 2014, 06:42 PM) *
Every time I go to repatch/reconfigure my studio I forget just how much time/effort is involved in upatching/repatching and setting up, but I think it's for the best otherwise I might not want to do it each time:) I'm building a "B Rig" to be centered around a piece of gear I've wanted FOREVER!!!!!
A DIGITECH GENESIS 3!

You are probably saying, "what?", it's an obscure piece of "Vintage Digitech" (contradiction in terms) gear that has been pretty hard to find. I finally found one. It's sort of like a POD but with high gain amps that don't suck. I've played on one years ago and wanted one but could never find one.

So I'm making a new rack with a power amp/surge/pullout shelf, just for it. It's certainly not going to replace my ELEVEN RACK but I'm still stoked to get it smile.gif
QUESTION: Do you have a piece of gear that you love, that other folks just don't seem to get?
Attached Image

My god your my hero. You must have every guitar, amp, and pedal in the world. I'd love to just dig in your trash and get all the cool stuff you don't use anymore. laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 4 2014, 02:41 AM
Heheheheheheheheheh smile.gif Well thanks!! I"m a BIG FAN of GEAR!!! Also, I get a LOT of questions about various gear so I try to put my hands on as much gear as humanly possible so I can speak honestly about what I think about various bits when folks ask smile.gif

QUOTE (Palacios @ Apr 3 2014, 08:17 PM) *
My god your my hero. You must have every guitar, amp, and pedal in the world. I'd love to just dig in your trash and get all the cool stuff you don't use anymore. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 4 2014, 08:49 AM
Instructor
Oh Yes...I do understand well the situation smile.gif Funniest thing is I always calculate half the time it really takes...even thoug I usually calculate the "more time taking option". Usually there is somethigng wrong to fix like a cable that was always working and somehow it doesn't now...biggrin.gif But that's all about home studio reconfiguration tongue.gif

As for the electronic gear...I think I will refer to cars. When I was about 10 I was dreaming about Audio 80 (yeah, no fancy but regular car). It was way beautiful comparing to all the square cars on Polish roads. It was like a rocket....even if now comparing to new cars it's....square as well tongue.gif But it was my childhood dream to have a car like this someday. Time has passed but the sentiment is still alive and I'm wondering...Should a buy a car form my dreams even If now it's just worth a price of 2 second hand standard 4x12 Marshall cabs ?biggrin.gif

I would probably go for it and see my friends telling "why the hell did You buy such an old junk" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 4 2014, 04:18 PM
I have a Digitech Genesis. The original one!! I also have a Behringer V-amp, a Zoom GM 200 and a Korg Amp Works!!

These were all bought in my first forays into PC Recording!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 04:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 4 2014, 05:18 PM) *
I have a Digitech Genesis. The original one!! I also have a Behringer V-amp, a Zoom GM 200 and a Korg Amp Works!!

These were all bought in my first forays into PC Recording!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I used to have a v-amp. I could never get a decent sound out of it though! Not that I ever tried hard back then though.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 4 2014, 05:00 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 4 2014, 03:21 PM) *
I used to have a v-amp. I could never get a decent sound out of it though! Not that I ever tried hard back then though.

I know what you mean about the V-amp. I found that the High Gain sounds were very 'digital'/'plastic' if that makes sense? I did get some very usable Clean Tones from it though! The High Gain sounds from the Korg, on the other hand, were superb!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 4 2014, 05:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 4 2014, 06:00 PM) *
I know what you mean about the V-amp. I found that the High Gain sounds were very 'digital'/'plastic' if that makes sense? I did get some very usable Clean Tones from it though! The High Gain sounds from the Korg, on the other hand, were superb!!
biggrin.gif

It has been years and years since I owned and sold it, so I don't honestly remember much about it. Only that a guy wanted to buy it from me for a certain amount, which I found way too high, so I told him I couldn't accept his offer and that I'd just take a lower price. I don't know why I did that, but I just didn't feel like selling him something which wasn't worth what he offered.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 4 2014, 09:42 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 4 2014, 04:05 PM) *
It has been years and years since I owned and sold it, so I don't honestly remember much about it. Only that a guy wanted to buy it from me for a certain amount, which I found way too high, so I told him I couldn't accept his offer and that I'd just take a lower price. I don't know why I did that, but I just didn't feel like selling him something which wasn't worth what he offered.

That's very honest of you!!
It's similar to a lot of those types of units, you can get some usable sounds but you have to spend time tweaking the parameters!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Apr 5 2014, 01:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
I love my Behringer GDI21 amp pedal! It's more or less a Sansamp, but I use it live because I haven't been able to buy a guitar amp yet. I just run it straight into a mixer, into the PA system. One less thing to lug around happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 5 2014, 02:04 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 4 2014, 10:42 PM) *
That's very honest of you!!
It's similar to a lot of those types of units, you can get some usable sounds but you have to spend time tweaking the parameters!!
biggrin.gif

Maybe a bit too honest! I could sure do with the extra cash now, though it was just like £20 too much he offered. Well, not too much as such, but you know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 5 2014, 07:45 PM
The HIGH GAIN models on the VAMP are AWFUL just like the LINE 6 are AWFUL IMHO. But the vamp had great FX just like the LINE 6 smile.gif

The high gain stuff is just beyond most modelers I've ever tried. Only two exceptions so far
DIGITECH GNX3
AVID ELEVEN RACK

NOT INCLUDING AXE / KEMPER as I don't have either unit and they are a bit outside what I like to spend on gear.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 4 2014, 11:21 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:20 PM