Mixolydian Fun Lesson, Question on the mixolydian scale
JamesT
Dec 18 2008, 04:06 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Hi David:
Great lesson by the way. I'm learning so much from it and also your Satch melodic solo lesson.

I have a question though regarding the mixolydian mode itself. In studying the pattern diagrams contained in this lesson (and trying to very carefully count the intervals to the 4th from root), I see that both C and C# are present in the Gmixolydian diagram of this lesson. Am I looking at/interpreting this right?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Dec 18 2008, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Thanks James,
I am so sorry, there was a mistake in my scale diagrams!!!!
They are now fixed, you were right, there is no C# in G Mixolydian!!!
Sorry again man!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
JamesT
Dec 18 2008, 08:47 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks. Actually, I wasn't 100% sure. I was stretching my pinkie to reach that top note while reviewing the scales and thought ...hmmm I haven't seen this before huh.gif Much appreciated. smile.gif

I got most of the lesson memorized last night and hope to finish today. From there, it's just to work on bringing it up to tempo. Also, I spent some time just jamming over the top of the backing tracks and making sure to modulate to the new keys with the chord changes. ...new stuff for me since most of my rocking life, just focused on keeping it "in key". This opens up new doors. cool.gif

Jim.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:24 PM