2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Studio Pron!
Spock
May 25 2014, 09:03 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 25 2014, 01:40 PM) *
NICE!!!! Looking great!! Super Congrats! smile.gif One little tip, pull the sub away from the wall/backing a bit when placing it and also perhaps move it out from under the desk. The area under the desk may act like a big resonator and over emphasize the bass and result in mixes that end up sounding thin. Place the sub away from the wall and even on a stand if possible. Don't put it in a corner either or the you'll get the same over bass. Sub placement can be a pain but it's worth it smile.gif

Well, I really don't have anywhere else to put the subwoofer, but I just checked out the sound and I love it. It's a lot better placement than where I use to have it.

The only thing is that right now my 2 speakers are behind the 2 side monitors - I can still hear everything good, but ideally I would like to raise them above the monitors and point them down. That will be another weekend project.

This desk suits my needs perfectly - it gave my already cramped space a lot of room so now I can stand and play and not have my pedals crammed under the desk - and save money! Plus, I just enjoy these types of projects I guess.

Attached Image

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 26 2014, 12:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
this in not a studio desk, but I made this "point of sale' counter for a local golf shop

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Spock
May 26 2014, 12:17 AM
That's some beautiful work jstcrsn!

+Quote Post
Becca
May 26 2014, 05:16 PM
QUOTE (Spock @ May 24 2014, 09:21 AM) *
Awesome, I would love to see a picture of it.

The desk I had purchased was only $200 - and that was the cheapest I could find it online, but for all I know it was coming from Taiwan and no telling how long it would have taken to be delivered. The priced included "FREE Delivery" it said - but nothing in this world is free, so you can imagine the materials used to make the desk.

I was able to purchase everything and have my boards cut to size for $100. So that cut the price in half and I know the quality of the wood is much better than the particle board (held together by laminate) I ordered.

My only obstacle is how to cut the hole cleanly. But like you said, this will be perfect for the space available, which for me is very limited.

Hi Spock, My fella puts Gaffa Tape on the surface and marks it then cuts through wood and tape both. Stops splintering and lifting of any veneer. He is quite handy like that but STILL hasnt made me my pedal board grrr.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 26 2014, 06:06 PM
QUOTE (Spock @ May 25 2014, 04:17 PM) *
That's some beautiful work jstcrsn!

+1
You too Spock!

*Becca - your guy NEEDS to build you a pedal board. Remind him of the story of Lysistrata.

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 26 2014, 06:45 PM
Love all this. Building stuff outa wood is awesome man type stuff!! I've got a buddy who works at a woodshop locally. They do incredible stuff with locally sourced wood.

CHECK IT OUT!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2014, 09:09 AM
Had to share this smile.gif Get ready for some over the top, color infusion.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 9 2015, 09:21 AM
Change of pace, here is a nice clean look. I think it's a home studio.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 9 2015, 02:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'll try and post some pictures of my setup one day when I get my place cleaned up a little. It doesn't compare at all to some of these though!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 10 2015, 12:02 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 9 2015, 08:21 AM) *
Change of pace, here is a nice clean look. I think it's a home studio.

almost certainly a home studio

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2015, 08:59 PM
ROLAND must have set up the place and the shot as there are no visible wires anywhere. Every home studio I've ever seen had some visible wires somewhere. You don't even see power connections here.

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 10 2015, 07:02 AM) *
almost certainly a home studio

+Quote Post
Tommy M
Feb 19 2015, 08:01 AM
Learning Rodie
Awwww, this is just mean:)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 19 2015, 04:16 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 10 2015, 07:59 PM) *
ROLAND must have set up the place and the shot as there are no visible wires anywhere. Every home studio I've ever seen had some visible wires somewhere. You don't even see power connections here.

Yes it's common practice in pro studios not to have the cables attached/showing for photoshoots. It's easier for us to keep them out of the shoot though as gear tends to be set in to custom built desks and/or racks and we also tend to use wiring looms rather than individual cables, etc. Easest way to know if things are plugged in is if the power lights etc are on - photographers also often like all the pretty LEDs to be lit up ;-).

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2015, 11:50 PM
I think they photoshopped out some of the wires actually in that photo. You can tell the stuff is powered up yet no power cables are visible at all.

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 19 2015, 11:16 AM) *
Yes it's common practice in pro studios not to have the cables attached/showing for photoshoots. It's easier for us to keep them out of the shoot though as gear tends to be set in to custom built desks and/or racks and we also tend to use wiring looms rather than individual cables, etc. Easest way to know if things are plugged in is if the power lights etc are on - photographers also often like all the pretty LEDs to be lit up ;-).

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 13 2015, 12:26 AM
Here's one smile.gif It's on a Greek Island. You live there while you record. It's just amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/blackrockvilla

Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:25 AM