Achilles Last Stand., Zeppelin Cover.
Gilmore
Jan 23 2009, 02:16 PM
GMC:er
Hi

Here´s another pieace i have covered, and a big one I might add. It´s a whole lot of a song, the most complex Zeppelin song in my oppinion. I´ve been working on it the last few days, learning it and recording. Most tracks are double tracked (played twice)and most leads harmonized. Mixing is hard because there so many tracks and so much going on. I played everything on it but the drums of course, I found a midi drum file and imported it and used EZ drummer to play it, but I edited quite a bit. Playing wise the song is quite a challange, everything has to fit perfectly and there are many parts to learn, also there are both tempo and timing changes going on.

Tell me what you think, is the mixing ok? smile.gif

Attached File  Achilles_Last_Stand.mp3 ( 14.17MB ) Number of downloads: 261

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gilmore: Jan 24 2009, 12:24 PM

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 23 2009, 02:25 PM
Instructor
Man I love this song and I think you've done some impressive amount of work here. Zeppelin is no 1 of all times in my oppinion. Great job

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 23 2009, 11:30 PM
Instructor
Wow, great sound and playing, nice work mate! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 24 2009, 12:04 AM
Wow, that's a plenty of a hell good job done! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 24 2009, 12:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
ohmy.gif The whole thing sounds great Gilmore! tongue.gif It must of been a nightmare to mix this! I can tell alot of work went into this cover and thanks for shareing it with use. smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 24 2009, 07:39 AM
Wonderful cover. The only thing I can complain about is the drums. They sound quite dead and mechanic, but that's expected when you cover a Led Zeppelin song. smile.gif

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Jan 24 2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys. smile.gif

I think the drums sound as good as it gets, you can´t beat Bonham with a drum program. I found the midi file on the internet, I wouldn´t even try to map it myself. :/

I´ve uploaded a better mix, I tried to make the drums sound a little tighter and tweeked the solos and fills a little bit. And yes it´s a nightmare to mix, the project is about 20 tracks (8 drum tracks included), but a good practice and it´s fun. smile.gif

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:13 PM