13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adams Bootcamp, Time to Fight Soldier!
Todd Simpson
post Aug 1 2019, 02:53 AM
Post #241

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Putting your home studio in order is crucial. I've seen a LOT of students who lose way too much time each practice session due to having to reconnect everything from scratch each time they want to practice and or record. If at all possible, set up your own rig/computer/guitar so that you can just sit down and play. This is not always possible for various reasons. Get creative. Try to see if you can create a small home studio setup that is ready to go when you are. When you sit down, you should be able to just pick up the guitar and play. This is the ideal scenario. Your situation will dictate how smooth you can set this up.

I Have my laptop connected so that it turns itself on and launched my DAW software at a certain time each day and so It's ready when I sit down to practice/record. It saves time and energy. Time is hard to come by and wasting it on re connecting your gear each time you want to practice is a waste of precious time. If you need any help, post in the forum as everyone here has a home studio! smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 31 2019, 08:55 PM) *
I want to say I will go back to regular posting vids but currently I'm almost done with thesis but I had to re-organize my room completely. While at it, I thought, I would adapt it to a bedroom studio, so I need to look through all the stuff, decide what to keep and what not to and plan ahead to be able to have my future rig where I want it without need to move things around to fit it. It takes a lot of time and effort because there's a lot stuff I gathered over years.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 1 2019, 04:40 AM
Post #242

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.329

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 1 2019, 02:53 AM) *
Putting your home studio in order is crucial. I've seen a LOT of students who lose way too much time each practice session due to having to reconnect everything from scratch each time they want to practice and or record. If at all possible, set up your own rig/computer/guitar so that you can just sit down and play. This is not always possible for various reasons. Get creative. Try to see if you can create a small home studio setup that is ready to go when you are. When you sit down, you should be able to just pick up the guitar and play. This is the ideal scenario. Your situation will dictate how smooth you can set this up.

I Have my laptop connected so that it turns itself on and launched my DAW software at a certain time each day and so It's ready when I sit down to practice/record. It saves time and energy. Time is hard to come by and wasting it on re connecting your gear each time you want to practice is a waste of precious time. If you need any help, post in the forum as everyone here has a home studio! smile.gif

Todd

It's not just studio, though I agree the comfortable and accessible positioning is crucial. I also have to tear down old wallpapers and put on new ones and that alone is a lot of work for one person.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Aug 1 2019, 07:55 AM
Post #243

Group Icon

Wallpaper won't really have much of an impact on your recording/practicing will it? A few well placed posters might be able to sort that out smile.gif

QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 31 2019, 11:40 PM) *
It's not just studio, though I agree the comfortable and accessible positioning is crucial. I also have to tear down old wallpapers and put on new ones and that alone is a lot of work for one person.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 1 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #244

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 1 2019, 07:55 AM) *
Wallpaper won't really have much of an impact on your recording/practicing will it? A few well placed posters might be able to sort that out smile.gif

No it won't but last time I rushed it and now the results stir me right in the eyes everyday. I figured if I'm doing all this, why not put on a new one. Trust me, it's too much to be covered by just posters smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Aug 1 2019, 10:40 PM
Post #245

Group Icon

I hear ya smile.gif You gotta do what you gotta do! smile.gif I hope you can wrap it up without stress and get back to your journey!!!
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 1 2019, 07:01 AM) *
No it won't but last time I rushed it and now the results stir me right in the eyes everyday. I figured if I'm doing all this, why not put on a new one. Trust me, it's too much to be covered by just posters smile.gif

+Quote Post
Adam
post Today, 12:49 AM
Post #246

Learning Roadie

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 1 2019, 09:40 PM) *
I hear ya smile.gif You gotta do what you gotta do! smile.gif I hope you can wrap it up without stress and get back to your journey!!!

I'm fighting sleep deprivation and uni papers but not playing guitar does not help one bit, so I might just post something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Today, 03:28 AM
Post #247

Group Icon

Great to see you back in the fight Soldier. Your previous experience is service you well. Let's debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR
SYNCHING IT: Your hand synch has come a long way! you can play these advanced bits without to much trouble.. That's a very good thing! keo\ep it up

PINKY WORK: You are making great use of your pinky! Not doing so get many a solder sent back to the wood shed! Keep that up too!

REACH:
Great job on your reach! This one requires a big stretch and you had no problems. Nice!

You tore it apart Soldier! You are ready for what awaits you!

You also remain our TOP DAWG!!!!!

You just ... LEVELED UP!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 19 2019, 07:49 PM) *

I'm fighting sleep deprivation and uni papers but not playing guitar does not help one bit, so I might just post something.

[color="#FF0000"][/color]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Today, 03:51 AM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2019 - 09:14 AM