Turkey Coal Mine Disaster
Mertay
May 14 2014, 03:57 PM
GMC:er
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27408394

Some knows I hate the current government here...I live in İzmir which is very near where the disaster happened. Many suspect the death number is around 400 (announced 17 last night...) and they'll keep this secret for a while so the people would give lesser reaction.

Currently the roads are blocked there as many are trying to go there to learn about their family members if they're alive. Few people I know who lost family and friends are telling that the media doesn't cover the details...one of the workers found dead was 15 years old.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 14 2014, 05:03 PM
Terrible news! So sorry to hear that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 15 2014, 02:00 PM
So the prime minister went to the area and as expected he was protested, so strong he had to flea to a market...a protester yelled at him in the market (a 15 year old girl as far as I read) and wait for it...he punched her!

Ever seen a prime minister punch a protester? its like this (not so great camrea angle but the arrows help understand, happens at 1.15)

http://webtv.radikal.com.tr/turkiye/7675/b...ndan-tokat.aspx

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 15 2014, 02:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 15 2014, 04:05 PM
wow, this is crazy. sorry this is happening.

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 15 2014, 01:00 PM) *
So the prime minister went to the area and as expected he was protested, so strong he had to flea to a market...a protester yelled at him in the market (a 15 year old girl as far as I read) and wait for it...he punched her!

Ever seen a prime minister punch a protester? its like this (not so great camrea angle but the arrows help understand, happens at 1.15)

http://webtv.radikal.com.tr/turkiye/7675/b...ndan-tokat.aspx

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 15 2014, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys, I personally have a hard time believing all these are happening. Many artists are sending their condolences like Marty Friedman;

https://www.facebook.com/martyfriedman.offi...cation=timeline

and here is a phone video recording of the punching insident that just revealed, startes around 1.45 don't let the kids watch;

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 15 2014, 06:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 15 2014, 08:56 PM
I saw this on the news and I was very sad to hear it sad.gif Our thoughts and prayers are with victims and their families as well as you and your countrymen as you work towards better representation in govt.

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 14 2014, 10:57 AM) *
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27408394

Some knows I hate the current government here...I live in İzmir which is very near where the disaster happened. Many suspect the death number is around 400 (announced 17 last night...) and they'll keep this secret for a while so the people would give lesser reaction.

Currently the roads are blocked there as many are trying to go there to learn about their family members if they're alive. Few people I know who lost family and friends are telling that the media doesn't cover the details...one of the workers found dead was 15 years old.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 16 2014, 01:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm actually in Turkey at the moment. I was walking around Istanbul and noticed all the flags were flying half-staff. I didn't know what it was until I got back to the hotel. My heart goes out to all the Turks. They are lovely people.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 16 2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks everyone, by the way in the video the prime minister says something to the protester but I couldn't understand. Turns out something very disgusting; http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/New...92#.U3ZUctJ_ufY

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2014, 09:57 PM
Instructor
I'm so sorry of this. I found this on TV here in Argentina and the news showed here are closer to reality based on what you are saying here.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:45 PM