> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Carlos Ferreira's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2018, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Carlos Ferreira! Welcome to your mentoring thread.

Before we start, I'd like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 17 2018, 02:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 17 2018, 01:08 PM) *
Hi Carlos Ferreira! Welcome to your mentoring thread.

Before we start, I'd like to know a bit more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

Hi, Grabiel!
I play guitar at 5 years almost 6.
I played keyboard in a gothic metal band and played keyboard and guitar in a melodic Death metal band. I have not played in any band at 4 years.
At the time I left the band because I felt that the remaining members did not take music seriously and wanted to dedicate all my time to evolve as a guitarist. But I still think I'm still far enough away to be at the level I wanted.
Band I love: Symphony X (Michael Romeo is my favorite guitarist), Dream Theater, Lamb of God, Nightwish, Insomnium, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Angra, Rhapsody of Fire, Arch Enemy, Marty Friedman ...
I think I know a lot of musical theory and that's one of my strengths. I think I'm very tense to play and that makes it impossible for me to play very fast.
Yes, I can record videos.
I have a channel on youtube where I used to put some videos. The video and sound are not very well synchronized because the video editing program I have is a little limited.
Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDg1ZUFCUA...w_as=subscriber
I did the 5th grade Rockschool exam for 1 month and had 94%.
In 5 years I want to have enough technique to play symphony X songs!
I want to have my own band and be prepared to give concerts!
Workout every day 3.5 - 4 hours. I have a 9-month-old son so I can not always get my study, but it's usually 4 hours.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Carlos Ferreira: Jul 17 2018, 06:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2018, 09:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Carlos!! Thanks for your info!! I've checked your Youtube videos and your current level is very promising. We have a solid base. Let's gets started!!

As your goal is to take your soloing techniques to a new level, this is the routine that I suggest for the first week:

- Alternate Picking

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-6/

- Sweep Picking

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Yngwie...teen-Arpeggios/

- Legato

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato-3/

These two lessons are a bit over your current level, so take your time to learn the different parts at practice at a comfortable tempo. Use the slower backing tracks and share your take here in a few days to let me check your movements and to adjust everything I note that can help you to have a more effective technique. Please also let me know if you'd like to adjust the lesson choices for a lower level.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 17 2018, 10:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
OK thank you!
I think it will be difficult to reach these speeds in a week ... but I will do my best!
Then I record video and put it here?
Thanks again Gabriel!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2018, 04:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Carlos Ferreira @ Jul 17 2018, 06:02 PM) *
OK thank you!
I think it will be difficult to reach these speeds in a week ... but I will do my best!
Then I record video and put it here?
Thanks again Gabriel!

Yes! You can upload your video at Youtube, and insert the link here. Please use the slower backing and share a take at a comfortable tempo. These videos will help as reference to know what you need to work and adjust in your technique. Deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 19 2018, 09:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
OK, deal smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2018, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Carlos Ferreira @ Jul 19 2018, 05:10 AM) *
Hello Gabriel!
OK, deal smile.gif

Excellent!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 23 2018, 10:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel! There is the video of the exercise of alternate picking ... tomorrow I put the other two.
Any feedback is welcome;)
Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2018, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Carlos!!

It's great to see you playing the whole thing without any wrong note. You are very precise mate, congrats!!

There are many good things happening in this video. Both hands go toghether and you don't have any sync issues. I don't hear any unwanted noise, or missed note. You keep the movements of both hands and fingers small as it's required to achieve higher speeds. You have a great base mate.

There are a few things that I would like to mark to have in mind and adjust:

- It seems that you are doing some fingers movement with your right hand. I'm not sure if this is happening, but if I'm right, I recommend you to avoid it. It's much more effective to avoid fingers movement when playing alternate picking, the movement should start from your wrist and a bit from your elbow. If that's what you are doing, please dismiss this comment.

- I recommend to hold your pick more with the tip of your thumb. You'll have more precision for trickier stuff and dynamics.

- I know that this is lesson is based on AP, but your vibrato and bending needs some adjustment in this video. Check it out!

Ok mate, that's all by now. Let me know if you have any question. Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 24 2018, 04:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
I think most of the movement comes from the wrist and the rotation of the forearm, but at certain times I use finger movement such as when there are string jumps. I'll be more attentive to that.
In this study I only do a bend and this comes after the 16th note triplets and it's with the 4th finger and I do not usually make many bends with this finger, I'll try to perfect it.
Regarding vibrato, my biggest difficulty is when I have to apply vibrato on the 1st and 2nd string, where we bend up, and especially when I have to do with the 1st finger.
Do you want me to continue practicing this exercise or will I practice others to perfect what I did wrong?
Anyway, I'm still going to record the other two exercises you sent me;)
Thanks for the criticism, it is good to be evaluated by an experienced teacher and I believe you will help me correct all my mistakes!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2018, 05:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Carlos,

What's the tempo of this video?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 24 2018, 05:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
Only 75 BPM sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 24 2018, 06:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here is the legato exercise.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 24 2018, 09:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here is the arpeggio exercise.
He had not been training sweep for a very long time ...
Gabriel, should I send PM to you whenever I post something new or are you automatically notified?
Thank you!

This post has been edited by Carlos Ferreira: Jul 24 2018, 09:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2018, 05:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Carlos Ferreira @ Jul 24 2018, 02:48 PM) *
Here is the legato exercise.

Hi Carlos, great to see you playing this lesson complete!

I can notice that your legato is strong and that your left hand movement is effective along the whole take. The lesson is very demanding and there are still some things to adjust but the balance of this take is very positive.

These are some elements that you should have in mind during the next days of practice:

- Timing: One of the most difficult things when playing legato is to keep timing precise. You are not doing a bad job, but there is still room to adjust timing and make the duration of each note the same. Sometimes you tend to rush a bit your timing, mostly in the first part of each pattern.

- Relax: I notice that your left hand is a bit stressed while playing this. I know that it's tricky but please try to relax your hand the less possible and be sure that you are not doing too much strengh when pressing the frets. It's not necessary.

- Cleannes: There are some unwanted noises, and dirty sections. This will be fixed with more practice.

QUOTE (Carlos Ferreira @ Jul 24 2018, 05:34 PM) *
Here is the arpeggio exercise.
He had not been training sweep for a very long time ...
Gabriel, should I send PM to you whenever I post something new or are you automatically notified?
Thank you!

I check my personal board at least once every day so you don't need to send me a message every time you post here.

I'm amazed of your hard work mate! We'll see great results here. smile.gif

I think that this arpeggios video is full of positive things. You can play most of the parts with tight timing and clean. Except by some very little moments where you miss a note, or generate an unwanted noise, this is a great take.

The next step is to be able to play this arpeggios faster. The secret here is to work on smaller blocks, you should dedicate time to even work on 1 shape as a loop.

What do you think if you focus on the first 20 seconds (from the original song), during the following 5 days to try to increase speed?

QUOTE (Carlos Ferreira @ Jul 24 2018, 01:15 PM) *
Hello Gabriel!
Only 75 BPM sad.gif

Ok! That's not bad mate.

I think that it's a good idea to dedicate one more week to increase a bit the speed for each of the lessons, unless you tell me that you are bored of the lessons..

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 25 2018, 09:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
Thank you very much for your feedback and for your advice.
I'm going to practice hard this week keeping in mind all that you mentioned here.
Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2018, 03:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Carlos Ferreira @ Jul 25 2018, 05:15 PM) *
Hello Gabriel!
Thank you very much for your feedback and for your advice.
I'm going to practice hard this week keeping in mind all that you mentioned here.
Thank you!

Excellent!! Please keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 26 2018, 04:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gabriel!
Thanks for the alerts in my recording Nightwish!
What do you mean by pitch issues when playing the riff, but also when playing the double stop licks?
I'm going to start practicing Ben's class on vibrato to improve.
I think the rhythmic part, playing metal riffs fast is one of my biggest weaknesses.
I hope you can help me in this matter and include this in future classes.
Of course I can not work on all my weaknesses at the same time, because there are many.
Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 26 2018, 04:39 PM
Instructor
Hi Carlos!

I mean that the power chords don't sound perfectly tuned. The pitch issues reffer to chords that don't sound well because any or both of the notes are not generated the right pitch. This can be related to guitar tuning, but also to doing unwanted micro bendings when pressing the frets of your guitar, mostly when pressing too much.

Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Carlos Ferreira
Jul 26 2018, 05:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes, it makes sense, it is possible that it is microbends triggered by some tension in the left hand.
Thanks Gabriel

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:56 AM