Hundreds Of Gibsons Smashed!, Eat your heart out Pete Townsend!
AK Rich
Aug 1 2019, 08:17 PM
Learning Guitar Hero

Here is the story
https://reverb.com/news/mysterious-video-sh...ebird-x-guitars

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 1 2019, 10:50 PM
GMC:er
not a huge loss smile.gif
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 1 2019, 03:17 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 2 2019, 12:18 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 1 2019, 09:50 PM) *
not a huge loss smile.gif

Too early for that joke smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 2 2019, 12:55 AM
Those won't be missed smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 1 2019, 07:18 PM) *
Too early for that joke smile.gif

+Quote Post
Adam
Aug 2 2019, 01:00 AM
Learning Roadie
A tank would do it better biggrin.gif People are salty about destroying these but somehow I don't feel sad one bit. And I love guitars.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 2 2019, 01:01 AM
Besides being the POS 'Robot' Firebird X, I believe they were also all defective in some way.

From Gibson ... "Addressing the concerns of those who asked why the guitars were not donated, or their parts repurposed, Gibson said in an official statement that the video footage was of “an isolated batch of Firebird X models built in 2009-2011 which were unsalvageable and damaged with unsafe components. This isolated group of Firebird X models were unable to be donated for any purpose and were destroyed accordingly. Gibson’s statement continued with a reaffirmation of the company’s recently relaunched Gibson Foundation, noting that, since 2002, they have gifted thousands of guitars to charities and schools, with its donations valuing over $30 million. These charitable endeavours will continue with Gibson donating a guitar a day for the next thousand days. The Gibson Foundation was set-up to support "under-served music education programs, empowering music culture and encouraging the creation of music.”

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 2 2019, 01:45 AM
Yup. They were so bad, they had to be destroyed. It happens smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 1 2019, 08:01 PM) *
Besides being the POS 'Robot' Firebird X, I believe they were also all defective in some way.

From Gibson ... "Addressing the concerns of those who asked why the guitars were not donated, or their parts repurposed, Gibson said in an official statement that the video footage was of “an isolated batch of Firebird X models built in 2009-2011 which were unsalvageable and damaged with unsafe components. This isolated group of Firebird X models were unable to be donated for any purpose and were destroyed accordingly. Gibson’s statement continued with a reaffirmation of the company’s recently relaunched Gibson Foundation, noting that, since 2002, they have gifted thousands of guitars to charities and schools, with its donations valuing over $30 million. These charitable endeavours will continue with Gibson donating a guitar a day for the next thousand days. The Gibson Foundation was set-up to support "under-served music education programs, empowering music culture and encouraging the creation of music.”

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 2 2019, 02:58 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Yep, just junk. No need to fret! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 2 2019, 07:25 PM
GMC Founder
Something fishy here, how can both wood parts and electronics be unusable - even for a luthier?

And how does a company like Gibson, who relies on customers have the highest thoughts about their production quality - manage to pull this off?

Couldn't they just have scratched the Gibson logo and donated it to some (or several) luthiers building for charitable causes?

edit - so as I typed my reply it seems the video got deleted? If I were Gibson I would be totally devastated by this leak - it shows not only enormous QC problems but also total lack of environmental thinking. Shame on this company - if this even is a true story.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 2 2019, 07:39 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 2 2019, 06:25 PM) *

Followed some topics and learned apparently this is very common in USA. If a product isn't sold in a certain time-frame its more profitable to destroy it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 2 2019, 08:27 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 2 2019, 08:39 PM) *
Followed some topics and learned apparently this is very common in USA. If a product isn't sold in a certain time-frame its more profitable to destroy it.

ouch ok, I had no idea

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adam
Aug 2 2019, 08:30 PM
Learning Roadie
I feel it cost more to store the unsold guitars destroying them and then making new ones for the charity they spoke about. But that's their call to make. Nobody can tell them what to do with their own guitars. Especially in USA where people are very sensitive about private property. It's a waste of resources but all we can do is feel sorry.

The video apparently got taken down, the link is not working for me.

This post has been edited by Adam: Aug 2 2019, 08:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 3 2019, 01:49 AM
Not their finest hour to be sure!! They were so embarrassed by these that they wanted them destroyed so that no trace could be found smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 2 2019, 02:25 PM) *
Something fishy here, how can both wood parts and electronics be unusable - even for a luthier?

And how does a company like Gibson, who relies on customers have the highest thoughts about their production quality - manage to pull this off?

Couldn't they just have scratched the Gibson logo and donated it to some (or several) luthiers building for charitable causes?

edit - so as I typed my reply it seems the video got deleted? If I were Gibson I would be totally devastated by this leak - it shows not only enormous QC problems but also total lack of environmental thinking. Shame on this company - if this even is a true story.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:08 AM