> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Jim S.'s Music Room, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2015, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Jim! I started this thread to invite you to share your ideas in progress to help you to improve your composing skills and develop your own voice on guitar...

Feel free to share everything here. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 8 2015, 10:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Gab! Thanks for setting this up for me. I plan to record new material just for this and I plan to start with rhythm... I shall post soon.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 9 2015, 03:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
https://soundcloud.com/jim-seekford-music/jims-music-room-1

Ok so this is a bare bones of a song I am writing. What do you think about it?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2015, 07:47 PM
Instructor
Hi Jim, this is a good first step to build this song. There are some cool riffs there. The next step could be record the drums and maybe bass guitar too. This will help you to see how this riffs work in a musical situation and will bring ideas on how to continue and organize the different parts.

Do you have some drums and bass VSTi?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 14 2015, 07:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 9 2015, 02:47 PM) *
Hi Jim, this is a good first step to build this song. There are some cool riffs there. The next step could be record the drums and maybe bass guitar too. This will help you to see how this riffs work in a musical situation and will bring ideas on how to continue and organize the different parts.

Hey man sorry it's taken so long to reply. I wanted to have something actual to say. When you asked me if I made any drums or bass parts it got me pretty pissed off because the drummer and bassist I play with have refused to help write and share files. I have been begging them to send me files for too long. Anyways after saying something again the bassist quit.

I have also been working on some other projects but plan to update this post with something substantial soon.

Take care!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 9 2015, 02:47 PM) *

Hey man sorry it's taken so long to reply. I wanted to have something actual to say. When you asked me if I made any drums or bass parts it got me pretty pissed off because the drummer and bassist I play with have refused to help write and share files. I have been begging them to send me files for too long. Anyways after saying something again the bassist quit.

I have also been working on some other projects but plan to update this post with something substantial soon.

Take care!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2015, 07:24 PM
Instructor
Ah ok, I'm sorry about it. My question was related to virtual instruments, VSTi drums and bass. Do you have any of them?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jul 14 2015, 10:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 14 2015, 02:24 PM) *
Ah ok, I'm sorry about it. My question was related to virtual instruments, VSTi drums and bass. Do you have any of them?

I do have them but m computer is pretty slow and it can crash. Imo is rather have someone who actually plays that instrument record it but that is seeming not possible so...... I'll have to start back with vst's.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2015, 04:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jul 14 2015, 06:36 PM) *
I do have them but m computer is pretty slow and it can crash. Imo is rather have someone who actually plays that instrument record it but that is seeming not possible so...... I'll have to start back with vst's.

yeah, there are some that sound ok, and that don't require fast computers... check out the free stuff.

http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?plug-ins=Drumkits

http://www.powerdrumkit.com/

http://www.pluginboutique.com/categories/7-Drum-Machine/free

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 3 2015, 04:18 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gab! I have had some changes in my playing and I'm interested in doing something unique. I want to cover a fast paced rap song. I absolutely love how the rhythm flows and fits so nice with the beat. After looping a few phrases and slowed them down I'm finding that there seems to be a lack of melody yet articulation of the words. The low mid tone in this voice matches very well with guitar and it sounds so good to solo over the track.

I want to mimic is voice the best I can yet add my style into it. Do you have any recommendations to learn these rap phrases?

Hey thanks! See you around

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2015, 06:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Jim, this sounds really unique for me. I don't know how the verse lines will work on guitar since there are a lot of close and short notes there in the lower range. The chorus will work great but I am honestly curious to hear how this could work on guitar.

I feel that the use of effects like delay, tremolo, phaser... giving some Tom Morello feel could work... I've checked at youtube and I've found this interesting track:

My suggestion is to start recording some demos and feel free to share them here to let me give some feedback.

It's a good and promising idea!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:59 AM