2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Steeler Hot On Your Heels, With Yngwie
MickeM
Aug 3 2009, 12:33 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Just ran across this old song that I used to play over and over again on my tape deck when I was an early teenager.

Kids and gents, experience some 80's MAGIC! wink.gif Your life will never be the same again.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 3 2009, 01:05 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Oh yes, I remember this one! biggrin.gif I think we should make this the "official 80's rock/metal thread" and bring some life back into some classics!

Here's one for ya from 1989, I was 16 then and this one really had the fist in the air! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 3 2009, 03:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Alright, time for a bump. Lets get this 80's thread going.

One of my favorites when I first listened to them was this band. Classic 80's.

Enjoy smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Aug 3 2009, 03:11 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
sigma7
Aug 3 2009, 03:19 AM
GMC:er
Yngwie needs to shoot himself if he gets any faster. He is not human hahaha tongue.gif good songs mates!

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 3 2009, 03:32 AM
Great songs Jeff! Here's another one of my all time favorites, born on date..1986..

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 3 2009, 03:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
That's a good one to mate! wink.gif

How about this one! It's a clip of Monte playing back in the day. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

These guys rock also! smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Aug 3 2009, 03:50 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 3 2009, 03:48 AM
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Who would have thought that guitarist would become a dentist! laugh.gif That is a cool tune. Let me take you to somewhere around '88... I just love the guitar work in this tune and have posted it several times before.. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 3 2009, 03:49 AM

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Aug 3 2009, 03:51 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
The 80's RULED!!!!! I miss the days when I would listen to the radio and hear a cool guitar solo I had to learn.....even though back then I had NO CHANCE in hell at playing it...... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm off to scour youtube for some cool vids........\m/\m/

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 3 2009, 04:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Oh wow here is a good one.

Enjoy! laugh.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Aug 2 2009, 10:51 PM) *
The 80's RULED!!!!! I miss the days when I would listen to the radio and hear a cool guitar solo I had to learn.....even though back then I had NO CHANCE in hell at playing it...... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm off to scour youtube for some cool vids........\m/\m/

I no how you feel man! Those where good times.

Post some youtube favorites up bro! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Aug 3 2009, 04:16 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
One of my favorite covers from the 80's.....\m/\m/

I LOVE VITO BRATTA.....Shame he got out of music..... sad.gif

I liked these guys too....not classic 80's but I still remember trying to learn this guitar solo.....

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 3 2009, 04:20 AM
Wait, waaaait, good ones Monte, and Jeff knows I'm all about some Dokken.. tongue.gif one more for me and I'm off to bed..Micke will have to pick it up in the morning too!

Anybody remember these guys.. Micke will tongue.gif ..

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Aug 3 2009, 04:23 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Skenny reminded me of what a great band Tesla was.......

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 3 2009, 04:36 AM
You know Jason will find this thread and have a bunch of fogies setting around talking 80's metal in a comic strip.. laugh.gif Cool!

BRING BACK THE 80'S!!!..Off to bed.. biggrin.gif

I said I was done but I can't leave on a glam note when talking 80's metal...Here are the boys doing one of my fav's!

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 3 2009, 04:38 AM

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 3 2009, 04:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Alda Nova, man that is going back! cool.gif

This was one of the 1st songs a figured out by ear when I was around 13 - 14 years old.

I played it in front of my family with my Peavey amp and a Hondo 2 Les Paul copy with a pickup upgrade thanks to a friend of mine. tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (skennington @ Aug 2 2009, 11:20 PM) *
Wait, waaaait, good ones Monte, and Jeff knows I'm all about some Dokken.. tongue.gif one more for me and I'm off to bed..Micke will have to pick it up in the morning too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 3 2009, 09:24 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (skennington @ Aug 3 2009, 05:20 AM) *

Aldo Nova, yes, I think he played all the instruments by him self on (some of his) his albums.

The video of this track is killer but it's sound is deactivated but I found a neat live recording smile.gif
Y & T

Dokken, huge band! John Norum played with them for a while, original guitarist from Europe.

Terror on Elmstreet! This is soooooo good.

and of course

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 3 2009, 01:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Aug 3 2009, 05:23 AM) *
Skenny reminded me of what a great band Tesla was.......

So true....

This is around early 90's but it's still cool as the old 80's!!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 3 2009, 09:52 PM
Love the opening riff in this one...Live '89

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 3 2009, 11:02 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

I actually quite like this song, awesome riffs smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 4 2009, 03:22 AM
Getting away from metal a bit but still a rocking tune that I think we can all identify with and another one of my all time fav's from the 80's, around '84 I believe..

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 4 2009, 12:33 PM
GMC:er
You can't have an 80's thread without a bit of pure 'Cock Rock'!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:31 PM