Sound Card Which One?
gitarcitolga
Apr 18 2012, 12:18 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi guys I have a couple of options to buy for a sound card from a local store. Which one is better for a nice quality pc.

1. Roland quadcapture 345 USD
2. Roland tricapture 84 USD
3. Roland duo capture 15 USD
4. Novation Nio 214 284 USD
5.Maudio Frastrack pro 341 USD
6.Roland Cakewalk V studio 20 451 usd

It's gonna be my first sound card for recording and Im a total newbie so for a moderate price Im told that the best is #1 on the list what do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blister
Apr 18 2012, 01:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm no expert here, but I was in your situation. You have a wide range of choices here. Are you recording guitar only? Will you need to record vocals, too? How many instruments/vocals will be recorded at the same time?

For myself, I'm new to recording, I got the Line6 UX1 so I could record both guitar & vocals (there is a possibility that I will want to record vocals in the future).

That's my story til the others give better details.

Good luck!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 18 2012, 05:26 PM
Instructor
I love M-audio Fast Track. That would be my choice! It has great quality, stable drivers and a good price.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 18 2012, 07:02 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
For that money an external interface could be bought and used as an outboard card.

But out of those the Roland I would recommend, they make consistently good products.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2012, 04:24 AM
GMC:er
If thats not a TYPO and you can get the DUO CAPTURE for 15 bux thats a no brainer. Wow that's cheap. Any recording interface made by roland for that price is hard to say no to. Also, it will give you time to research more and try more of these out before buying a more expensive model. Of these, it's impossible to say which "best" the roland Quad is very though, but so is that FASTRACK PRO. It depends a lot on your workflow, etc.

QUOTE (gitarcitolga @ Apr 18 2012, 07:18 AM) *
Hi guys I have a couple of options to buy for a sound card from a local store. Which one is better for a nice quality pc.

1. Roland quadcapture 345 USD
2. Roland tricapture 84 USD
3. Roland duo capture 15 USD
4. Novation Nio 214 284 USD
5.Maudio Frastrack pro 341 USD
6.Roland Cakewalk V studio 20 451 usd

It's gonna be my first sound card for recording and Im a total newbie so for a moderate price Im told that the best is #1 on the list what do you think?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:46 PM