AK Rich
Feb 20 2020, 08:56 PM
Post #21
Feb 20 2020, 08:56 PM

Learning Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 20 2020, 12:02 AM) *
Few incidents have been seen in Iran, Egypt...these are the places to be afraid of as they might not be able to contain the virus. Russia will shut boarders to China soon completely.

As for conspiracy theory, my thought is USA did it. Been years since its known China will surpass US economy in the not so distant future, Trump did all he could with the tariffs and calling US based brands back to USA. Human life is most important, but the real damage Corona did was to Chinese economy. Their stock market closed for 2 weeks and they pumped 150billon just so it wouldn't crash the day it opened, now they're merging small airplane businesses with bigger ones so they won't face bankruptcy. Also huge internal credits are being arranged so common people who cannot work right now (like a drugstore owner etc.) so mass unemployment won't happen...

An equally unlikely theory going around is that the Chinese government unleashed this virus on their own people as a means of population control .
I don't buy either one of those theories.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 20 2020, 11:03 PM
Post #22
Feb 20 2020, 11:03 PM

GMC:er

Member No.: 17.304

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 20 2020, 12:56 PM) *
An equally unlikely theory going around is that the Chinese government unleashed this virus on their own people as a means of population control .
I don't buy either one of those theories.

Me either.
The most likely scenario is that it was just another animal borne, flu like disease that they figured would be easily curable and/or burn itself out - as most of these do and that most of us never even hear about. Every once in a while we get one that is a little deadly and not so containable.
Personally, I would stay away from youtube vids, blogs and talk radio shows about the Corona virus.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Yesterday, 02:15 AM
Post #23
Yesterday, 02:15 AM

Learning Guitar Hero

Member No.: 13.839

QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 20 2020, 01:03 PM) *
Me either.
The most likely scenario is that it was just another animal borne, flu like disease that they figured would be easily curable and/or burn itself out - as most of these do and that most of us never even hear about. Every once in a while we get one that is a little deadly and not so containable.
Personally, I would stay away from youtube vids, blogs and talk radio shows about the Corona virus.

According to this article that I read last week, there may already be a cure. A lab in California claimed to come up with a vaccine within hours of receiving the genetic sequence. All that's needed is for testing to begin and hopefully be successful.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020...novio-san-diego

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/california-l...-123356925.html

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Yesterday, 02:18 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Yesterday, 02:57 AM
Post #24
Yesterday, 02:57 AM

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

The rate of spread for this has been pretty scary indeed. I've run across the theory you are talking about. The idea that the U.S. Did it, but there is precious little evidence it seems. Also keep seeing vids talking about it coming out of a research lab in China. I suppose we may never really know how it all started.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 20 2020, 05:02 AM) *
Few incidents have been seen in Iran, Egypt...these are the places to be afraid of as they might not be able to contain the virus. Russia will shut boarders to China soon completely.

I'd have to agree smile.gif It seems like it did start in that animal market. Which has since been shut down. Such markets are illegal but have operated for many years. It's possible the Govt will be much more harsh on such markets in the future.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 20 2020, 06:03 PM) *
Me either.

I really hope they get a vaccine by summer. The knock on effects financially may be felt for quite some time. Despite the Chinese govt pumping money in to the system, the market as was mentioned. We are still quite a way from full recovery in terms of financial results.
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 20 2020, 09:15 PM) *
According to this article that I read last week, there may already be a cure. A lab in California claimed to come up with a vaccine within hours of receiving the genetic sequence. All that's needed is for testing to begin and hopefully be successful.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020...novio-san-diego

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/california-l...-123356925.html

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd February 2020 - 01:38 AM