2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Guitar Rig Session
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 28 2008, 02:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Xose Pineda @ Jul 28 2008, 02:37 AM) *
I use GR 3 software with my Line6 Toneport GX... I love it. Seems (to me, at least) to sound better than Gearbox or Amplitube 2. Very nice soft.

Took a lot to make it sound good with my Toneport, but well worth the effort.

Cheers.

Actually, I'm not sure how GR3 can work with Toneport. I have Toneport UX1 and latency is around 40ms, and that isn't enough for monitoring. Are you saying GX has smaller latency? If that is the case, than that is pretty cool.

As far as recommending another software, I think this interface is quite good, and you can buy it if you have the money, to save yourself a hassle.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xose Pineda
Jul 28 2008, 02:40 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 28 2008, 03:06 AM) *
Actually, I'm not sure how GR3 can work with Toneport. I have Toneport UX1 and latency is around 40ms, and that isn't enough for monitoring. Are you saying GX has smaller latency? If that is the case, than that is pretty cool.

As far as recommending another software, I think this interface is quite good, and you can buy it if you have the money, to save yourself a hassle.

Yeah, it's no so straight ahead like with other soft. I don't say GX has better (lower) latency than UX series, just guessing: I'd bet that have the same latency.

So, due to the high GR3 bandwidth requeriments... without modifying the drivers settings, I got (like everybody I guess) nearly double latency than other soft. But with some tweaks can be lowered.

I get 46 ms latency under "factory settings" that's unacceptable, but with some tweaks I got around 20 - 25 ms, like with gearbox. I'll post some settings if you want to try... now I'm on another computer, no audio involved.

Best regards,

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

xosepineda

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:44 PM