can i practise all this on my acoustic?
theozard
Jan 22 2007, 10:54 PM
GMC:er
Hey Kris, i have an acoustic guitar and not an electric...so i was wondering if all the video lessons apply for the acoustic also or is it supposed to be practised only on the electric? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 22 2007, 11:16 PM
QUOTE (theozard @ Jan 22 2007, 10:54 PM) *
Hey Kris, i have an acoustic guitar and not an electric...so i was wondering if all the video lessons apply for the acoustic also or is it supposed to be practised only on the electric? smile.gif

Of course you can do most stuff on acoustic though it will probably be alot harder. The lessons are pretty much aimed at electric only but scales and stuff also apply to acoustic.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
theozard
Jan 22 2007, 11:32 PM
oh awesome then..was wondering if there is any particular lesson in here which CANT be practised on the acoustic

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 22 2007, 11:36 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (theozard @ Jan 22 2007, 11:32 PM) *
oh awesome then..was wondering if there is any particular lesson in here which CANT be practised on the acoustic

The tapping lesson serie can be tricky on the acoustic, most other will work - you will just have to do it the AL Di Meola way (shred on an acoustic!) - which is a really cool style. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 23 2007, 12:05 AM
QUOTE (theozard @ Jan 22 2007, 11:32 PM) *

Depends on if you have a cutaway or not. If you can access the upper frets you can play along to everything except tapping I think.

+Quote Post
theozard
Jan 23 2007, 12:22 AM
cool...just confirming...hammerons and pull-off are always on, on the acoustic right?

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 23 2007, 12:28 AM
QUOTE (theozard @ Jan 23 2007, 12:22 AM) *
cool...just confirming...hammerons and pull-off are always on, on the acoustic right?

What do you mean by "always on" ? huh.gif

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Jan 23 2007, 05:38 AM
This brings up a question - Any plans on doing an acoustic lesson or two, for things that are more or less unique to the acoustic. Do most of you out there have an acoustic as well(Like I do) for those unplugged sessions.

Although I can get by on my acoustic, I feel much more comfortable on an electric and find transitioning a bit difficult sometimes.

QUOTE (theozard @ Jan 22 2007, 02:32 PM) *

If you are a beginner, I would recommend trying to get your hands on an electric too(Even a cheap one) as it is a bit easier to learn on an electric due to string tensioning(For Barre chords and such). Electric Guitars have much less tension so it is easier to fret as you build your strength - I learned on an acoustic, at least for the basics, and then switched to electric since that was my ultimate goal. Again it really depends on what you want to accomplish, but since you're here, you most likely want to learn lead right

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
theozard
Jan 23 2007, 01:53 PM
^^ i have been playing for a year and a half..i wouldnt really call myself a begginer and the good thing is i usually concentrate on strumming so my hand is pretty comfortable with the movement as well as the strings(as in i dont feel any tension while playing)

What i meant by 'its always on' - I can still play hammer-ons and pull-off right? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 23 2007, 04:51 PM
QUOTE (theozard @ Jan 23 2007, 01:53 PM) *
What i meant by 'its always on' - I can still play hammer-ons and pull-off right? smile.gif

Of course! Legato the crap out of your guitar laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:30 AM