Mystery Guitar
Andrewkc6
Oct 18 2012, 12:17 AM
GMC:er
So I bought this guitar at a yardsale and refinished the paint on it.. I am looking at replacing pretty much everything but the bridge is kind of a mystery to me.. has anyone seen this kind of bridge before ? What could I even replace it with? Thanks

http://imgur.com/a/PiAeg

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Oct 18 2012, 02:17 AM
QUOTE (Andrewkc6 @ Oct 17 2012, 11:17 PM) *
So I bought this guitar at a yardsale and refinished the paint on it.. I am looking at replacing pretty much everything but the bridge is kind of a mystery to me.. has anyone seen this kind of bridge before ? What could I even replace it with? Thanks

http://imgur.com/a/PiAeg

It looks kind of like a bridge that I've seen on old Teisco guitars. I looked quick and couldn't find a guitar that looked like that but they had a ton of different styles over the years. I have a Norma by Teisco it was my very first electric. It has something that looks similar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 18 2012, 06:42 AM
Instructor
I have no idea what it is! Looks like Brian May guitar

+Quote Post
Andrewkc6
Oct 18 2012, 03:07 PM
Well the neck is a bolt of Yamaha.. but the owner said the neck wasn't the original and there are no markings of any sort on it. Not sure what I can do with it if I can't replace the bridge. This one seems to be in rough shape and I have no idea how it even works ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 18 2012, 09:43 PM
I have a 1967 Framus 'Jaguar' that has a very similar looking bridge system. Do you have any more parts for it? It should have a spring,. tremolo arm?
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
llibach
Oct 18 2012, 09:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 18 2012, 09:43 PM) *
I have a 1967 Framus 'Jaguar' that has a very similar looking bridge system. Do you have any more parts for it? It should have a spring,. tremolo arm?
smile.gif

I thought straight away if anyone knows this guitar it'll probably be Sensible. laugh.gif He's probably repaired or built one using similar parts.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 19 2012, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (llibach @ Oct 18 2012, 09:51 PM) *
I thought straight away if anyone knows this guitar it'll probably be Sensible. laugh.gif He's probably repaired or built one using similar parts.

Well, you know.....
I may have seen one a bit like it.... just the once!! wink.gif

I think I may have something similar in the Workshop, I'll if I can dig it out and post a picture for you to compare it to!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrewkc6
Oct 19 2012, 02:55 PM
well there is no tremolo arm but i see where it would go. I also dont have a spring it was blocked by a wooden block when I bought it years ago.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 19 2012, 05:45 PM
QUOTE (Andrewkc6 @ Oct 19 2012, 02:55 PM) *
well there is no tremolo arm but i see where it would go. I also dont have a spring it was blocked by a wooden block when I bought it years ago.

Is your aim to have a tremolo system or to block it off again?
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrewkc6
Oct 20 2012, 01:18 AM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 19 2012, 04:45 PM) *
Is your aim to have a tremolo system or to block it off again?
smile.gif

A tremolo system would be nice haha laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 20 2012, 07:10 AM
Instructor
No clue on what it is, but it seems that Sensible is on the task already! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Nov 16 2012, 01:06 AM
I believe it's a yamaha design, the old SA 50 guitars have that engineering but with a longer tail to wrap around the side of the guitar.

here are some pictures of it

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:14 AM