Symphonic Metal.
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 13 2011, 08:43 AM
GMC:er
I am been kind of addicted to this band :x on this last few days

anyone recommend? cool bands of the genre?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 13 2011, 09:34 AM
Instructor
The best one in this style for me..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 13 2011, 10:05 AM
There was a Metallica faze with the San Francisco Symphony. I've always been in love with the Symphonic Metallica collection (S&M), I can imagine myself doing music like that! It's a huge taste to your ears!

All the great songs like:
One (S&M)
For Whom The Bell Tolls (S&M)
Master of Puppets (S&M)
Human (S&M)

On youtube and it being mono doesn't give it justice, you need the original on HD-Surround with subwoofer, if not be there live!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 13 2011, 10:06 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 13 2011, 10:34 AM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Aug 13 2011, 05:05 AM) *
There was a Metallica faze with the San Francisco Symphony. I've always been in love with the Symphonic Metallica collection (S&M), I can imagine myself doing music like that! It's a huge taste to your ears!

All the great songs like:
One (S&M)
For Whom The Bell Tolls (S&M)
Master of Puppets (S&M)
Human (S&M)

On youtube and it being mono doesn't give it justice, you need the original on HD-Surround with subwoofer, if not be there live!

Great stuff smile.gif I gotta say, strings can really add something to a band. It does sometimes get used poorly, or overdone, but in these vids it's freakin perfect! Good pull azza!

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 13 2011, 11:06 AM
How about NIGHTWISH?

Or EPICA?

Or LEAVES EYES?

There are TONS of great symphonic bands out just now smile.gif It seems the Dutch have cornered the market a bit on the form, but that hasn't stopped everyone else from trying and some are really good!

Todd

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 13 2011, 12:22 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 13 2011, 09:34 AM) *
The best one in this style for me..

those guys, remind me of Stratovarius haven't listen to symphonic/power metal in ages

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 13 2011, 11:06 AM) *
How about NIGHTWISH?

Or EPICA?

Or LEAVES EYES?

There are TONS of great symphonic bands out just now smile.gif It seems the Dutch have cornered the market a bit on the form, but that hasn't stopped everyone else from trying and some are really good!

Todd

great bands Todd, LEAVES' EYES is more the kind of sound that i am looking! thanks for sharing ; )

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 13 2011, 02:05 PM
Instructor
dude these guys are the s$^&:

Check their album 'V' or Paradise lost, or their latest, or Divine wings of tragedy

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 13 2011, 02:11 PM
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Aug 13 2011, 02:05 PM) *
dude these guys are the s$^&:

Check their album 'V' or Paradise lost, or their latest, or Divine wings of tragedy

i will, i have hear about them alot, but never actually gave them a listen. guess is time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 13 2011, 04:53 PM
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Aug 13 2011, 07:22 AM) *
those guys, remind me of Stratovarius haven't listen to symphonic/power metal in ages
great bands Todd, LEAVES' EYES is more the kind of sound that i am looking! thanks for sharing ; )

MONKEY: The videos you put up are from pioneering Symphonic (and Dutch) Metal band WITHIN TEMPTATION. So when you asked for bands in that "Genre" the posts (especially mine) are mostly symphonic metal acts. When you say Leaves Eyes are ore what you are looking for, is there a specific type of Symphonic Metal you are looking for?

What makes something Symphonic Metal is basically Heavy Metal music classical/progressive elements usually sung by a Female operatic vocalist. Many of the pioneering bands are, for some reason, all Dutch. Let's hear it for the Dutch!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 14 2011, 12:37 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 13 2011, 04:53 PM) *
MONKEY: The videos you put up are from pioneering Symphonic (and Dutch) Metal band WITHIN TEMPTATION. So when you asked for bands in that "Genre" the posts (especially mine) are mostly symphonic metal acts. When you say Leaves Eyes are ore what you are looking for, is there a specific type of Symphonic Metal you are looking for?

What makes something Symphonic Metal is basically Heavy Metal music classical/progressive elements usually sung by a Female operatic vocalist. Many of the pioneering bands are, for some reason, all Dutch. Let's hear it for the Dutch!

Amén to the Dutch!!!

well all the bands your post, is basically what i am looking for : o, but i can't feel for example on epica or nightwish, the same power and feel on
the part of the vocals, that i feel on leave eyes and Within Temptaion (Sharon's voice is like WOW).

that's why i said that leave eyes is more the kind of sound i am looking for

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 14 2011, 04:05 AM
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Aug 13 2011, 07:37 PM) *
Amén to the Dutch!!!

well all the bands your post, is basically what i am looking for : o, but i can't feel for example on epica or nightwish, the same power and feel on
the part of the vocals, that i feel on leave eyes and Within Temptaion (Sharon's voice is like WOW).

that's why i said that leave eyes is more the kind of sound i am looking for

Gotcha. I'd agree smile.gif Leaves and Within both have very emotive vocalists. How about these guys.

IN THIS MOMENT>

]

Or these guys

MIDNATTSOL

]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:40 PM