Playing Vocal/non-guitar Pieces On Guitar, tips, suggestions and advice wanted!
Chief Brody
Jul 28 2008, 02:09 AM
GMC:er
Hi all,

I listen to lots of music that features either very little or no guitar usage and i would like to learn how to take what i like from a song (usually the vocal, but sometimes other instrumental pieces) and transfer it over to guitar.

At the moment i tend to just listen to a song, break down the vocal/instrumental in my head and reproduce that myself vocally ("beeps", "boops", "ba's" "bee's" etc) and then through either trial and error or knowledge get a "feel" for where and how that should be played on the fretboard.

Whilst it amuses me to be sitting around sounding like the Scatman as i try to work a song out ("baaa beep BOOP BOOP, bee bee, booboo") i would like to hear any advice, suggestions, hints or tips on this matter from those with more experience, because i'm pretty sure this must be a common thing to want to do!

It's something i find fulfilling and i wish to continue doing it, so any and all help would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:54 AM