3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Lesson Requests?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2019, 07:05 PM
Instructor
Great ideas guys!! Please keep this coming.

Farine, I have many musical rhythm lessons in my archive. Most of them are “in the style of” lessons. Have you seen them? Do you refer to other type of lesson?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 24 2019, 08:57 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
One thing I struggle wirh is applying the same lucks to different backings.

There are many of Todd's Quick Licks that I think I'll try and use but I can't. If I come up with licks over a certain backing and try to play them over another backing of the same tempo but with a different feel, even two 12 bar backings, I struggle. It's as though the backing track controls my playing uniquely to that track.

Maybe a lesson with a few licks over three different backings, I think this is another one that could be a box set maybe.

It could maybe also cover communing licks so they don't just sound like musical "paint by numbers".

Thanks for asking us all about this Gab, nice one wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2019, 02:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 24 2019, 04:57 AM) *
One thing I struggle wirh is applying the same lucks to different backings.

There are many of Todd's Quick Licks that I think I'll try and use but I can't. If I come up with licks over a certain backing and try to play them over another backing of the same tempo but with a different feel, even two 12 bar backings, I struggle. It's as though the backing track controls my playing uniquely to that track.

Maybe a lesson with a few licks over three different backings, I think this is another one that could be a box set maybe.

It could maybe also cover communing licks so they don't just sound like musical "paint by numbers".

Thanks for asking us all about this Gab, nice one wink.gif

That's a good idea Phil. Thanks for all this cool suggestions.

However, I think that this is more like a community workout than a GMC lesson. Maybe we can share a lick, with some suggested backings and ask students to adapt the lick to them. Then, the instructor shares his take on it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 24 2019, 03:20 PM
That could be good Gab, kind of a gradually progressing workshop over some weeks?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2019, 04:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 24 2019, 11:20 AM) *
That could be good Gab, kind of a gradually progressing workshop over some weeks?

We can try it. I wonder if this is a common issue for GMCers, or if we should just work on this at your personal mentoring program.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 24 2019, 04:21 PM
I think maybe you should ask everyone via the forum buddy, I am currently swamped with things to practise, bad techniques to correct, things to unlearn and new things to learn I'm already overwhelmed to be honest laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Farine54
Jul 24 2019, 06:06 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 21 2019, 08:05 PM) *
Great ideas guys!! Please keep this coming.

Farine, I have many musical rhythm lessons in my archive. Most of them are “in the style of” lessons. Have you seen them? Do you refer to other type of lesson?

Hi, I never look like this (oupsss sorry), Phil's example was a good example

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2019, 02:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Farine54 @ Jul 24 2019, 02:06 PM) *
Hi, I never look like this (oupsss sorry), Phil's example was a good example

here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructo...briel-Leopardi/

Let me know what you find!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Jul 25 2019, 03:08 PM
Learning Roadie
I think a weekly workshop is a great idea. A simple and short task one can practice on freely throughout the week or longer, if needed is nice and because it's short it's easier to focus on execution instead of memorizing the patterns.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2019, 09:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 25 2019, 11:08 AM) *
I think a weekly workshop is a great idea. A simple and short task one can practice on freely throughout the week or longer, if needed is nice and because it's short it's easier to focus on execution instead of memorizing the patterns.

What topic? Technique? Licks? Scales?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Aug 1 2019, 04:05 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 27 2019, 09:27 PM) *
What topic? Technique? Licks? Scales?

I can't think of a good answer. I mean I shouldn't bring in my personal flaws because these are different for everyone. But maybe a bit of scales, a bit of technique and some rhythm exercises, kind of like Todd's Quick Licks Workshop has different sections. But maybe others have a better suggestion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 1 2019, 04:51 PM
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 1 2019, 03:05 PM) *
I can't think of a good answer. I mean I shouldn't bring in my personal flaws because these are different for everyone. But maybe a bit of scales, a bit of technique and some rhythm exercises, kind of like Todd's Quick Licks Workshop has different sections. But maybe others have a better suggestion.

Is good to bring in your personal flaws buddy, that's your experience and you can bet many users who stay in the shadows will have the same issues so, please tell Gab what would be good for you wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Adam
Aug 1 2019, 05:54 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 1 2019, 04:51 PM) *
Is good to bring in your personal flaws buddy, that's your experience and you can bet many users who stay in the shadows will have the same issues so, please tell Gab what would be good for you wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

Then I guess the ones I mentioned above. If that helps anyone I'll be more than happy smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2019, 07:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 1 2019, 12:05 PM) *

This really helps Adam, thanks for your suggestion mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 9 2019, 10:08 PM
How about lessons that really concentrate on different note values, like we discussed in my mentoring thread.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 10 2019, 02:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 24 2019, 04:09 PM) *
We can try it. I wonder if this is a common issue for GMCers, or if we should just work on this at your personal mentoring program.

what might be needed , is how to morph a similar lick over different feeling backing tracks . I know the guys won't want to hear it , but this is were developing your ear as much as your licks is important

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 17 2019, 03:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Based on my yesterday's discovery, I probably need a way to unleash my creativity instead of playing in the same patterns for each Collab. It might be much more valuable than any technicality or theoretical knowledge. Is there a way to learn how to use a wider variety of licks randomly in a creative way? Kris often suggested to start playing over backing tracks but that only helps with other things, it doesn't help me use new elements to spice it up in sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2019, 05:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 17 2019, 11:26 AM) *
Based on my yesterday's discovery, I probably need a way to unleash my creativity instead of playing in the same patterns for each Collab. It might be much more valuable than any technicality or theoretical knowledge. Is there a way to learn how to use a wider variety of licks randomly in a creative way? Kris often suggested to start playing over backing tracks but that only helps with other things, it doesn't help me use new elements to spice it up in sad.gif

Hi Adam! Have you explored Kris Jam School series? I think that he covers this aspect of playing using different approaches, techniques and concepts.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 17 2019, 06:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 17 2019, 04:33 PM) *
Hi Adam! Have you explored Kris Jam School series? I think that he covers this aspect of playing using different approaches, techniques and concepts.

It may be just what I'm looking for. Thank you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 22 2019, 08:09 PM
How about some Robert Johnson style blues or any of that original blues played on acoustic. It would be great to have the lesson so that the student can use a pick and either an acoustic or clean electric.

Maybe we could have some how Ben did the Def Leppard Phil Collen lesson where he had teh same lesson in three skill levels starting at level 3.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:34 AM