> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Metal Rhythm: Right Hand Workout, Lesson By Marcus Siepen
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

David95
Mar 10 2014, 09:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Metal Rhythm: Right Hand Workout by Marcus Siepen

So here is my second post to the rec-system^^
To be honest I have had a ruff day and I don't really expect to pass the lesson with this take, because I made some mistakes, that I feel like I should be able to clear out if I re-recorded this lesson...
In the end I figured, that I'd upload this take anyway to get some feedback - after all that's why I am here laugh.gif

I used my standard setup for this take and this time around even the video is live XD
I just noticed after I was done for today, that most other students, that have posted a take of this lesson used 2 tracks for the last part, while I was to sleepy to recognize that earlier, which is why I only played one track. That results in the last part being a bit sloppy^^

Enough talk for now, see for yourself:

good night everybody
-Dave

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by David95: Mar 10 2014, 09:55 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2014, 09:36 AM
Instructor
Howdy Dave!

This take has a lot of potential! Your playing is clean and you have a nice tone! I would focus on the timing and tightness of the whole ensemble though, as there are moments such as 0:33 when you are not as tight as before smile.gif

It's only a matter of recording when you have had rest and you can focus on staying relaxed. I am sure things will settle in nicely!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 11 2014, 12:39 PM
Instructor
Hi David! This is a very demanding lesson and very useful to train metal rhythm. As Cosmin said, timing is the thing to fix on this one. There are many sections like 00:12, 00:33, 00:41, etc, when the riffs don't sound tight over the backing. Use different tempo backing and also isolate the riffs if you want to master this lesson. Focus on going tight with the drums, and if it's necessary practice over the main lesson to compare your playing with the original.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 11 2014, 03:02 PM
Instructor
Perfect attitude! smile.gif Exactly - Rec takes are to help You find some issues and fix them as soon as possible. Otherwise it's easy to waste some time on practicing things "the wrong way" smile.gif But...You have o good hand positions and tone. I don't see anything big to fix. It's just a matter of focus. Timming is usually a focus matter - the ability the know Your part so well that You can become a self-listener at the same time You play it smile.gif Keep practicing. You already know what needs a fix and this is most important. Waiting for the pass takce then smile.gif Good luck and well done smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 13 2014, 11:47 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:36 PM