Free Cool Drum Machine Software
intemperateContr...
Jan 15 2010, 04:15 PM
Learning Tone Master
I found this drum machine software and it's so easy to use. I added an attachment here of my first mix (my first ever).
Pretty simple but great for creating tracks to jam with and much more fun than a metronome. I set each beat myself
and the tempo and BPM is adjustable throughout. My track is 120 BPM @ 4/4, adjusting between Quarter notes and
Half notes. To those of you who can't buy new equipment at the moment, or just want something simple to toy around
with for practice this is cool and free for personal use - an extended version is also available for easier recording.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MyMix1.wav ( 4.79MB ) Number of downloads: 191

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Jan 15 2010, 05:54 PM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
Well, it doesn't seem to be free. On the registration page, I've read : "Registration costs $19.95 USD. Upon registration you will receive a code to unlock the application to remove the demo restrictions (clicks in drum track WAV mixdown). "
For the ones who use Gnu/linux, you have http://www.hydrogen-music.org/. It is a free software and does pretty much the same.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
Jan 15 2010, 06:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Jan 15 2010, 10:54 AM) *
Well, it doesn't seem to be free. On the registration page, I've read : "Registration costs $19.95 USD. Upon registration you will receive a code to unlock the application to remove the demo restrictions (clicks in drum track WAV mixdown). "
For the ones who use Gnu/linux, you have http://www.hydrogen-music.org/. It is a free software and does pretty much the same.

True - that's the extended version. But the initial download is free and you can save your tracks and do playback for personal use on
the computer without any clicks - fun to jam with. Anyway, I recorded my track without the extended version. Thanks for the link -
I'll check that one out, too. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
Jan 16 2010, 12:09 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (GrindGuer @ Jan 15 2010, 10:54 AM) *
... For the ones who use Gnu/linux, you have http://www.hydrogen-music.org/. It is a free software and does pretty much the same.

Okay, no offense to you personally - seeing you had nothing to do with the distribution and sale
of such a lame BS. I say, therefore, without offending this, our well esteemed community, that
I can't even download much less use this software - it contains never ending links to incompatible
software requiring fees in advance for downloads that I have no interest in - much less want to buy.
Of course, I do forgo the binary versions - didn't even try those, because these are unfinished versions
of the software and are always unstable. If it says "Binary" you can bet it is an unfinished (test) version.
Even with new browser versions from Microsoft this is true from my experience. Years ago I downloaded a
binary version of "Internet Explorer 6.0" from Microsoft and it was a complete failure. No images, no video,
and nothing else but text would appear. If I am wrong please give me the download page with the full version.
This whole ordeal frustrated me - not you but the distributor. Still it's good to know this - thanks for the info.
man. BTW. People, if you're tired of practicing to a metronome, I still say try http://www.rhythmrascal.com cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 16 2010, 01:41 AM
Instructor
Thanks for this link appreciate it. As for binary versions, I've installed many of them, and it all worked smooth, perhaps you just had a bad experience?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
Jan 16 2010, 02:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 15 2010, 06:41 PM) *
Thanks for this link appreciate it. As for binary versions, I've installed many of them, and it all worked smooth, perhaps you just had a bad experience?

Yea, I know what you mean with some programs like graphics, html, and web page
applications as such. But still, when it comes to user interaction and dynamic
desktop applications I always find bugs in the output no matter how much time
I put in to perfecting it - that's what is most frustrating to me with binary
(experimental) applications. Some do work okay - I must agree. Hit and miss
I suppose. Anyway, You're so good at blues and vibrato - pm me some tips! biggrin.gif
You did critique my work a time or two - define it for me when you have time. cool.gif

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jan 16 2010, 03:14 AM
GMC:er
Point of fact, when it says "binary," that doesn't mean it's unfinished, beta, etc. Binary simply means it's the precompiled version for your operating system. Otherwise you can download source and compile it yourself, which a lot of Linux users like to do.

In this case of Hydrogen, the download comes from Sourceforge, which is the #1 repository of free and open source software projects, it is owned by the same people who run Slashdot.com.

Also in this case, I downloaded the OSX version with a grand total of 2 clicks.

So please try to calm down before you start slandering the work of people who put a lot of time and effort into developing software that's free.

This post has been edited by jdriver: Jan 16 2010, 03:21 AM

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 16 2010, 06:51 AM
Learning Tone Master
I agree to the above, I've never had any big issues with binaries, but binaries for Windows tells me either of this:
a) The developer doesn't know Windows and how to use Vis.Studio to make an installer. (its really a 5 min. job)
cool.gif There can be something fishy going on.
c) He is too lazy to do an installer. Why put hours of work to do a program and then dont do an installer???
d) The program is not tested in Windows environment.

Of course there can be exceptions of the above, but if You are a developer and want to spread Your programming, its really stupid NOT to do an installer for Windows imo.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Jan 16 2010, 11:44 AM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
I'm sorry you did spend so much time to install Hydrogen. As I said, Hydrogen is only for Gnu/Linux users, and MacOSX too. This software isn't available for Windows users. And there is no company to develop this software, but a community who does it for free. That's why jdriver was a bit upset I think wink.gif
And just for your knowledge, binary has nothing to do with beta version. It just means that it is ready to work on your computer, as opposed to sources which need to be compiled before use.
Cheers

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
Jan 16 2010, 01:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks for your insight everyone - no big deal on the upset here.
I'm cool. FYI, I worked as a web developer for several businesses
in the past - made some decent money, too. Anyway, I am picky
but not totally ignorant. Hang loose, guitar playing dudes! Ha! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 16 2010, 02:38 PM
Instructor
Let me know if you have any specific issues with your playing intemperate, I will be glad to help.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 16 2010, 02:51 PM
GMC:er
There is a Windows version available HERE.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:11 AM